Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
Search function PLEASE.
In Line it suggests stickers / emoji when you type a related word. Hated it at first, but quite like it now. This could be useful in the right circumstances.
[doublepost=1464930020][/doublepost]
Can already picture it at WWDC
"IOS10 is our biggest emoji release yet. Can't innovate anymore my ass!"
You know apple doesn't control Emoji right?

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Be interesting what the literacy levels will be in a few years. I'll just stick to old fashion spelling .

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
How about numbers and symbols on the same keyboard as the letters and a more convient way of switching between keyboard languages. Most non-native English speakers use 2 keyboards (All of 6.65 billion of them)

I seriously hate the Emojis. They are the worst looking smilies I have ever seen short from the old vBulletin forums. Even MSN had better looking ones.

Not only that but they keep adding to the library images that no one will every use, who is going to use a Kiwi split in half or a rhino . Just adds to the clutter and visual noise.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
That guy stinks. No offense.

But bacon on the other hand! Watch out.
[doublepost=1464925347][/doublepost]
Or just a dude.
I'm a dude... If you don't use emojis because you are a "dude" you are missing out.

Wowereit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
Emojis are okay. Not the biggest user, but I see their purpose.
Today it has become a joke. There are so many of them, the rare times I'm using them I just stay with the ones I know, because it would be a hassle to look for other ones in this giant pool of useless Emojis.

Would bet 90% of Emoji-usage comes from like 15 of them.

diipii

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2012
UK

The Unicode Consortium recently approved 72 new emoji for inclusion in Unicode 9, set to be released on June 21. New emoji range from expanded smileys and people to new animals, food, and sports.

Notable smileys include rolling on the floor laughing, drooling face, and nauseated face, while the people/body category gains shrug, selfie, and face palm. New animal emoji include gorilla, fox face, deer, shark, and owl, and some of the new foods include avocado, potato, croissant, pancakes, salad, and bacon.

There are a line of new medals, objects like a scooter and a canoe, and emoji to represent boxing gloves, martial arts uniforms, wrestlers, fencing, juggling, and more. Emojipedia has shared mockups and a full list of upcoming emoji.

unicode9emoji.jpg

The emoji above serve as simple mockups and are not representative of what the actual emoji will look like on various devices, but Emojipedia has created them in the Apple style. Apple and Google's designers will actually custom design emoji based on the Unicode Consortium's guidelines for each character, crafting them to fit in with existing emoji.

Though the Unicode Consortium is releasing Unicode 9 on June 21, the new emoji will not be available on iOS and Mac devices until Apple implements support for them, which can sometimes take several months. Apple currently supports Unicode 8, which introduced emoji like taco, burrito, unicorn face, and popcorn, along with emoji skin tone modifiers.

With the release of Unicode 9 on the horizon, the Unicode Consortium has already begun considering candidates for Unicode 10, with dumpling, takeout box, fortune cookie, orange heart, sled, and more under consideration.

Article Link: 72 New Emoji Including Bacon, Shrug, Selfie and Face Palm Coming in Unicode 9
Can we have one for "shoving red hot poker up Ive's jaxie" ?

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Emojis are okay. Not the biggest user, but I see their purpose.
Today it has become a joke. There are so many of them, the rare times I'm using them I just stay with the ones I know, because it would be a hassle to look for other ones in this giant pool of useless Emojis.

Would bet 90% of Emoji-usage comes from like 15 of them.

In future, Millenial will become President of America. Old literary dinosaurs will be sent to Emoji Re-education Camp.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
And they're still ugly, sterile, boring as ****, and lacking personality.

If you're going to add emoticons, at least make them look good.

Reactions: AleXXXa
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.