Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alien3dx

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2017
Ok you sound angry. But I see this on a daliy basis on both sides with Apple and Android. Both with phones that have terrible batter after two years and both with good to ok battery after two years. I only posted to point out it's a damed if you do and damed if you don't situation. But just because you have seen it one way dosen't mean the whole world works that way lmao.
i also weird with this lawsuit anyway. To me it is a future compare to my android. 5% left 2 minute out if android phone. If 5% i still manage to get home from 30 km to charge my iphone 5S. Sorry i do agree what apple do.

Reactions: kaielement

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Really it comes down to how much a person charges and cycels the battery to determine how lomg it will last.

Actually, the truth is the battery capacity will determine how long the battery will last and why Apple design their iPhones for obsolescence by using relatively tiny battery capacity.

An iPhone 8 with 1,821mAh that requires charging two times a day will hit 500 charge cycles within less than a year while a $60 Huawei with 4,000mAh that only needs to charge once every two days will hit 500 charge cycles at ~2.7 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: apacho

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Actually, the truth is the battery capacity will determine how long the battery will last and why Apple design their iPhones for obsolescence by using relatively tiny battery capacity.

An iPhone 8 with 1,821mAh that requires charging two times a day will hit 500 charge cycles within ~1.5 years while a $60 Huawei with 4,000mAh that only needs to charge once every two days will hit 500 charge cycles at ~2.7 years.
The quality of various batteries are different. Not all batteries are created equally.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008

An iPhone 8 with 1,821mAh that requires charging two times a day will hit 500 charge cycles within ~1.5 years while a $60 Huawei with 4,000mAh that only needs to charge once every two days will hit 500 charge cycles at ~2.7 years.
What in the world is a person doing to need to charge their iPhone 8 twice a day? If you said a 6s, sure, but Inwas under the impression that the 7 and later had an easily all day battery in them?

Also, what’s so hard about changing out the battery two years down the road and still having a faster device than most non-flagship phones?

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Ok you sound angry. But I see this on a daliy basis on both sides with Apple and Android. Both with phones that have terrible batter after two years and both with good to ok battery after two years. Really it comes down to how much a person charges and cycels the battery to determine how lomg it will last. I only posted this to point out it's a damed if you do and damed if you don't situation. But just because you have seen it one way dosen't mean the whole world works that way lmao.

Of course I am angry. I am tired of Apple and their sneaky tricks

The throttle doesn't just depend on battery health. They had a batch of defective batteries which were incapable of supplying the needed charge no matter the wear level. It was kicking in for wear levels as low as 85%. They fixed it on the X and 8 Plus quietly. Standard Apple modus operandi. They quietly fixed the defective Mac keyboard on the newer version. They quietly fixed the weak chassis of the 6 Plus on the 6S Plus and they quietly fixed the battery issue on the 8.

All Apple had to do was flash a notification stating the battery was worne out and until it was replaced the phone would throttle. They didn't do it but resorted to a sneaky way to sort out the defect.

I have no issues with battery wear. I realise they need replacement every 2 years. However Apple does not have the right to slow down my phone without informing me.

Also Androids do not throttle based on battery wear. My Nexus 5 battery has heavy wear and it still runs at full speed.
[doublepost=1531597337][/doublepost]
What in the world is a person doing to need to charge their iPhone 8 twice a day? If you said a 6s, sure, but Inwas under the impression that the 7 and later had an easily all day battery in them?

Also, what’s so hard about changing out the battery two years down the road and still having a faster device than most non-flagship phones?

The 7 does not have all day battery life. The 7 Plus does. The standard iPhones need charging twice a day hence the battery depreciation is always higher on the non Plus iPhones.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Of course I am angry. I am tired of Apple and their sneaky tricks

The throttle doesn't just depend on battery health. They had a batch of defective batteries which were incapable of supplying the needed charge no matter the wear level. It was kicking in for wear levels as low as 85%. They fixed it on the X and 8 Plus quietly. Standard Apple modus operandi. They quietly fixed the defective Mac keyboard on the newer version. They quietly fixed the weak chassis of the 6 Plus on the 6S Plus and they quietly fixed the battery issue on the 8.

All Apple had to do was flash a notification stating the battery was worne out and until it was replaced the phone would throttle. They didn't do it but resorted to a sneaky way to sort out the defect.

I have no issues with battery wear. I realise they need replacement every 2 years. However Apple does not have the right to slow down my phone without informing me.

Also Androids do not throttle based on battery wear. My Nexus 5 battery has heavy wear and it still runs at full speed.
[doublepost=1531597337][/doublepost]

The 7 does not have all day battery life. The 7 Plus does. The standard iPhones need charging twice a day hence the battery depreciation is always higher on the non Plus iPhones.

Ok I have an iPhone 7 and almost two years later no isues with my battery. Still at 92% capacity. I can't see how you couldn't get all day battery out of it. On a normal day of ussage for me I get through the day no problem. You must be watching a lot of Netflix lmao. Also I don't charge my phone over night which yes does help the health of your battery and charge cycles.

As for your Nexus 5 unless you have a magical battery I suspect it dies fast and needs to be charged multiple times throughout the day if it has had as much waer as you say it has.

I would rather have my phone run slightly slow with all day barrery then run as fast as it can and die multiple times throughout the day given the choice. Then again I don't usually use a phone more then 2 years so I don't worry about that. This was the first time in forever I didn't upgrade my iPhone after a year. And I don't have any battery issues. My iPhone 7 runs like a champ no slow downs. I do understand that some people out there may have different experiences based on how they charge their phone. But if you take care of your phone and don't have it live on the charger I don't see any reason to get 2-3 years out of it.

Some enterprising lawyer smells cash

Yeah, that’s how it works.

Enterprising company smells cash, and does questionable things to get it.

Enterprising lawyer smells cash, and sues enterprising company.

Enterprising sun smells rising in the east.

That’s pretty much how it works. I mean, rarely is it the lackidaisical lawyer that takes on corporate malfeasance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.