Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swampthing

Suspended
Mar 5, 2004
Given the millions of people having difficulty ordering, what would Apple prefer the press headlines to read today?

1 -- Apple's website crashes as millions upon millions of customers try to get the new iPhone 4

2 -- Everything goes smoothly with Apple iPhone 4 pre-orders

Which one do you think would generate a better stock price?

PS... Remember market manipulation to enhance interest HAS happened before. Remember Nintendo. Remember Sony.

cirial

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Pompano Beach, FL
My apple.com order just went through... Saved the confirmation page as a PDF, but no confirmation email yet. I know they must be getting slamed. Hope for the best for the rest of you.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Given the millions of people having difficulty ordering, what would Apple prefer the press headlines to read today?

1 -- Apple's website crashes as millions upon millions of customers try to get the new iPhone 4

2 -- Everything goes smoothly with Apple iPhone 4 pre-orders

Which one do you think would generate a better stock price?

PS... Remember market manipulation to enhance interest HAS happened before. Remember Nintendo. Remember Sony.

Apple decides to go with Verizon.:rolleyes:

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
After ten minutes of trying my reservation for in-store pickup went through at 8:14, and my email confirmation came about ten minutes later.

Some of you have actually been trying since 4am??? Yikes!!!!!

Maybe I just got lucky?

oldschooldude

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
In the Land of OZ
This is one example of why no one can get a pre-order. There are countless people trying over and over again for hours to get their pre-order. It's like mice pushing a button to get more cheese.

Dude, just because I've been tryin' over the last 4 hours doesn't mean I've tried every minute during that time. I can tell you I have tried about 9 times over the last 4 hours.

barefeats

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2000
I initially tried to order on Store.Apple.com at 1:15am PST. The message "Processing Information... " sat spinning for an hour and one-half.

Seeing that was not productive, I logged into my AT&T account. It processed my order immediately, confirming I get to keep the $30/mo unlimited data plan and promising free overnight shipping on the 24th -- maybe.

So at that point, I aborted the Apple Store attempt.

Then when I tried to return to the Apple Store to see the custom options on the new Mac mini, the store was down. That was two hours ago and it's still down as of 5:39am PST.

I'm not surprised to see flames shooting out of my screen when I visited this iPhone forum.

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
AH. I made it almost all the way through this time!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-15 at 8.42.02 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-15 at 8.42.02 AM.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 220

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
I just made it all the way until I clicked "add to cart" and it has been loading for 2 minutes now... epic fail.. now as I type this I get the "OOPS" message. :mad:

homerjfry

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Just tried to pre-order. Everything went fine until after I checked my eligibility. Hit "continue" and I got booted for my session timing out, haha.

ttech10

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2008
After ten minutes of trying my reservation for in-store pickup went through at 8:14, and my email confirmation came about ten minutes later.

Some of you have actually been trying since 4am??? Yikes!!!!!

Maybe I just got lucky?

I think a majority of the people with problems are getting it delivered to their house. That's been my problem... the Cart and checkout.

Been watching World Cup and Aussie football to pass the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.