Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
That graphic was not intended by Apple to be posted yet, but the fact that it was even there likely indicates that Apple is in the final preparation to release it. I agree with those who are predicting a release on Tues. March 20. Then, to keep its place in the public mindshare, the following releases will occur:

1. OS x 10.5, iLife '07 and iWork '07 - end of April
2. Santa Rosa-based iMacs, MBs, MBPs and Minis - end of May or early June
3. iPhone - end of June
4. full-screen touchscreen iPods - August

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
I'll Support MacInDoc's Prediction

That graphic was not intended by Apple to be posted yet, but the fact that it was even there likely indicates that Apple is in the final preparation to release it. I agree with those who are predicting a release on Tues. March 20. Then, to keep its place in the public mindshare, the following releases will occur:

1. OS x 10.5, iLife '07 and iWork '07 - end of April
2. Santa Rosa-based iMacs, MBs, MBPs and Minis - end of May or early June
3. iPhone - end of June
4. full-screen touchscreen iPods - August
I'm not predicting anything. But I'll support the logic behind MacInDoc's timelines. They jive with my own imagination as well. Good call MacInDoc.

Oh Except I'll be shocked if the 8 core Mac Pro is revealed before April 15 NAB. :eek:

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
NAB is perfect forum and falls in line with past practice, again, I agree with multimedia. That makes two posts in a row!

c.hilding

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2005
ABANDONED ACCOUNT
These "accidental leaks" were a really cool way to stir up the rumor mills, for about the first 50 times! Jeez, when is this gonna end? By now there's no doubt that they are doing this on purpose. Changing a product description on such a major site is not a trivial task that can be done accidentally. You really need to get in there in the database and locate the right field and type in the new stuff. They do this on purpose. Well, after all is said and done, I prefer knowing about what's coming than being clouded by uncertainty. :apple: :apple: :apple: 8-core is coming, baby! :apple: :apple: :apple:

murfle

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2007
These "accidental leaks" were a really cool way to stir up the rumor mills, for about the first 50 times! Jeez, when is this gonna end? By now there's no doubt that they are doing this on purpose. Changing a product description on such a major site is not a trivial task that can be done accidentally. You really need to get in there in the database and locate the right field and type in the new stuff. They do this on purpose. Well, after all is said and done, I prefer knowing about what's coming than being clouded by uncertainty. :apple: :apple: :apple: 8-core is coming, baby! :apple: :apple: :apple:

While I'm not debating whether or not this was done on purpose, you have obviously never worked with an elegant CMS (content management system). I have no knowledge whatsoever of what kind of system Apple has in the back end, but I have worked on systems where such a mistake can happen by selecting "Publish" instead of "Save draft" from a drop down menu while prepping content for the future. These kinds of systems are set up so that people like product managers can have little knowledge of databases, and still be able to maintain their product line. My personal suspicion is that the site was "Under Maintenance" for so long, because they may have had to contact the product manager to update the content to the current line of Mac Pro's before they would take the maintenance flag off...

c.hilding

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2005
ABANDONED ACCOUNT
While I'm not debating whether or not this was done on purpose, you have obviously never worked with an elegant CMS (content management system). I have no knowledge whatsoever of what kind of system Apple has in the back end, but I have worked on systems where such a mistake can happen by selecting "Publish" instead of "Save draft" from a drop down menu while prepping content for the future. These kinds of systems are set up so that people like product managers can have little knowledge of databases, and still be able to maintain their product line. My personal suspicion is that the site was "Under Maintenance" for so long, because they may have had to contact the product manager to update the content to the current line of Mac Pro's before they would take the maintenance flag off...

I thought that someone may misinterpret me. Damn, should have changed my post but I didn't. I meant that you actually have to go in and make the change the hard way through the content management system where you need to go into the product database, find the right field, change the text and hit save, and that it doesn't just "happen by accident". I didn't mean that they have to edit the database directly, but I definitely worded the post that way by accident.

However, you do make a good case with the "accidentally selecting "Publish" instead of "Save draft" from a drop down menu", but Apple seems extremely unlucky since this keeps happening to them almost every time there has been a highly anticipated product if you know what I mean. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.