9.0.2 impressions so far?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by atlchamp, Sep 30, 2015.

1. atlchamp macrumors 6502a

Have at it guys. What have you noticed so far?

2. colburnr macrumors regular

The 3D Touch on the mail app is no longer working for me. Anyone else?

3. atlchamp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Working here

4. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Thumbsup, no issues on the iPhone5s so far.

5. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

Safari is faster, and battery life took a dump big time.

Isn't that the typical bitch and whine here? nah man, just kidding.
    It's too new to judge :D

6. atlchamp thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

It's a fantastic update for me. Everything is smoother and more buttery. iOS 9 is pretty much perfect now.

I'm also very impressed with the speed Apple has issued these phenomenal updates.

8. Desi530 macrumors newbie

Desi530

9.0.2 is definitely smoother than any other iOS 9 iteration. It's pretty close to 8.4.1 in terms of snappiness. There's still a half second delay when opening apps, which is my only complaint. It's definitely worth upgrading to in my opinion.

9. atlchamp thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

Experiencing pages that load blank in safari -happens with nj.com and usa government jobs website. Cant remember the other sites

11. liteshow macrumors regular

No difference iOS 9.0, 9.0.1 and 9.0.2. All work good for me. No lags. No battery issues (too soon to tell with 9.0.2). There were some really slight lags right after each update but that's normal as the device is indexing. Give it a day or so and all were smooth.

9.0 & 9.0.2 were OTA. 9.0.1 was iTunes restore. Updated both my 5s and iPad air1.

12. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

13. fellipech macrumors newbie

third party apps no longer appear on spotlight search, like Shazam and Star Walk. Anyone have this issue?

14. Kinny macrumors newbie

It feels very smooth. Everything opens quickly . I approve!

15. Skyhawk21 macrumors regular

I am curious where the hell did this indexing rumor come from? If you upgrade to a newer IOS version, is the dam OS not already indexed from the past indexing if such a thing exists in IOS?

If you do a fresh install or buy a new device like for example the mini 4 and set it up as new device and redo everything from scratch, what the hell would the OS index besides cache the files that were already installed and cached and indexed when they flashed it to the device at the factory?

Its not indexing every-time you turn the thing on and do a reboot, and right at the beginning is when IOS9 crap lags and hitches until its all loaded under ram then it smooths out! (kind of like Android, hmm makes you think)

When you reboot any device with older hardware and IOS8 it doesn't lag or hitch at all even at the beginning when you first see the lock-screen and or unlock, and then still its butter smooth for everything without touch delays, app delays and apps taking longer to load on IOS9 in general compared to IOS8 which they over time were optimized for!

Seriously, did an APPLE engineer verified and certified state officially IOS9 is slow or lags and the excuse is just because temporarily the OS is "doing this magical indexing thing" and whenever its done whether in minutes, hours, days, months or years; IOS9 will be so much better and faster than IOS8 with even more added features a lot of us did not need?

I do not get it, because however you installed IOS8, upgraded, or bought a new device, if it was doing this "magical indexing process", the device (on IOS8) did not act up and slow down to a crawl, so if this thing is true, why would IOS9 act up and slow down to a crawl?

Some of the BS people come up with as an excuse for why IOS9 does not work like IOS8 is unbelievable!

Not pointing fingers, just generalizing and conveying my thoughts on this subject!

16. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Seems the same for me. I've had a few pages crash in Safari, even macrumors pages. Never happened on 9.0.1.

17. Snoosedaddy macrumors regular

I noticed that unlocking the iPhone 6 takes a bit longer to actually unlock using the touch sensor. Anyone else experience this?

18. RTG4869, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015

RTG4869 macrumors newbie

[T]he battery life took a hit. Significantly lesser compared to 9.0.

19. agwin27 macrumors member

In all iterations of iOS 9, when I pull down on the home screen to view Spotlight/Siri suggestions, the animation always stutters or sticks. It isn't fluid and smooth. Once I've "launched" the Spotlight search/Siri suggestions, however, if I go back to the home screen and then pull down on the app icons to launch spotlight again, everything is smooth. It's almost as if Spotlight/Siri suggestions freeze when initially launching and then are ok for subsequent launches as if they run in the background for a bit. Anyone else have this issue?

20. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I don't see any difference sorry. Yeah I'm serious Sir.

21. fjarl macrumors member

There's just not memory exclusively dedicated to the search function. It works like an app; if you've just used it, it is loaded in RAM, but after awhile, when other applications need memory, it will unload and thus needs to be reloaded. It would be nice if there was enough RAM to always keep stuff like search, 3rd party keyboards and other such little niceties in memory and ready to go...

22. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

I personally think they fixed a lot with the last two updates, and with iOS 9.0.2, my iPhone runs more smooth than ever. Still a few things to be worked out, but this is one of the smoothest iOS's i have seen.

Just as a side note, I will say Apple should have released iOS 9.0.2 as the original iOS 9 only because of the problems that had to be fixed...some of them were pretty important. Haha.

23. toughnut macrumors member

Which they did, by stop signing iOS 9 (and older 8.4.1).

24. Vexxx macrumors member

Anyone who had a lot of stutter with 6+ updated? Any better? How is it compared to 8.4.1?

25. bdan macrumors newbie

i have no changes on my iphone, after downloading IOS 9.0.2 i still cant access my apps on my cellular data only via wifi . please help