9to5 calls new Mac Pro at MacWorld "all but certain"

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by netdog, Jan 7, 2008.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

New Mac Pro at MacWorld all but certain!

Their track record is impeccable. Further, when Multi was shouting that the Mac Pro would roll out in November 2007, 9to5 suggested even then that we would see it at MacWorld instead.

Good enough for me. I'd say Mac Pros at MacWorld are a lock given the nod from 9to5 and the video support for the G92 in 10.5.2. The Apple gift certificate is ready to go. New Mac Pro in 8 days!

2. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

3. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

4. OnePumpChump macrumors regular

OnePumpChump

After reading the article, it really just confirms what everyone already knew...a likely update of the macpro at Macworld. However, it doesn't really guarantee it.

5. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

Like I said, when 9to5 calls it, it happens. All but certain is about as strong a rumor as you can get, and 9to5 is the best source on the Internet short of The Apple Store.

6. OnePumpChump macrumors regular

OnePumpChump

I really hope they are right! :)

7. Gloor macrumors 6502a

I would really hope for this one to be true. I am on my iMac I got in August and I need to get my MP by the end of March so please may the force be with us. :)))

8. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

I see it as redundant as well.

We already have a thread with more than 2,000 posts concerning the next Mac Pro.

It doesn't change the fact that 9to5 still is a rumor site and they could have it wrong. There is always a first time for everything.

9. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Ya, but we don't want our bubble to burst just yet. We are still dreaming.

10. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

They're not exactly...calling it. They're merely saying everything adds up to an update soon, and MWSF seems to be a good bet at the moment. I still think there's a chance it won't show up until a week or two after the keynote, but thats me.

11. GhostWhoWalks macrumors newbie

Well they can at least say a few words about the future of Boo Radley err... the Mac Pro on the fifteenth even if they are not immediately available. Something to relieve the anx surrounding the machine like announcing shipping dates or new deals with video card developers.

12. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Angst doesn't exist as vastly as people think. Pro's are perfectly happy with Mac Pros right now and are in no hurry to upgrade. That's not to say we don't welcome a 10% boost in processing power and new graphics options. But everyone acts like the target market for this machine is struggling to get by and is ready to march on Cupertino if they don't get an update on the 15th. That's simply not the case.

13. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

Agree. Smaller shops may be watching, but the bigger clients are happy with them, and would be happy to buy the current offering today if their business has need of it.

Still, I think SJ may take a moment at MW to show off multicores screaming like never before with 10.5.2's multicore support, FCS2 and Penryn Octos.

14. peejack macrumors 6502a

Nice one Netdog, lets hope it is true, I really hope so :)

15. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I still doubt that. He's going to have too much else to talk about. I may be wrong, but we'll see in a week.

16. mrbc19 macrumors member

This sounds good to me, and only reinforces what most people have been thinking about the Mac Pro update at MWSF. This is going to be the longest week ever! :eek:

17. timestamp macrumors 6502

I find this very odd. Are the Pros not happy with the Macbook Pros? I imagine they are since they are selling at high rates. So if the Pros are happy why would Apple waste their time updating the MBPs? Especially when the increase is what 2-4%? The target market clearly isn't struggling, yet if you look over in the MBP section you will see threads that basically tend toward wanting to march into Cupertino on the 15th. Even though the MBP has seen three updates since August 2006.

Not to mention, I guess you have spoken with every Pro user out there and gotten their opinion, right? How else could you have such knowledge of these feelings the Pros have... But of course, you will make known that you worked at the mothership and have advanced knowledge in this area. Hell, maybe you even have the real MWSF keynote script. :rolleyes:

18. relbbircs macrumors regular

Geez -- I don't see anything in that article to inspire confidence...

19. bobr macrumors member

Are they not talking about Mac Pro, not the MBP (which might see an update?

20. timestamp macrumors 6502

Are you not capable of reading into my post in context? My post was drawing out the flawed reasoning in MovieCutters post, which is that the Mac Pro doesn't need to be updated since the Pros are happy with the current one. Of course ignoring that this update will be rather significant. If that holds true however, why would Apple update the MBP for a mere 2-4% gain in speed no less than 3 times since the Mac Pro was updated?

My point is that there no reason to not update the Mac Pro. Happiness of the current user base is not grounds for denying a well overdue update. If that followed nothing would ever be updated since seemingly most people are happy with the machine they bought.

In dummy terms, his post doesn't make any logical sense.

21. benpatient macrumors 68000

that is exactly his point.

the macbook PRO, which says PRO in the name just like the mac PRO, has been updated approximately every 6 months, and people are still starting dozens of threads a week about how there needs to be a new one because the current ones aren't good enough. The "other" PRO machine has been languishing in "help I need an update" land for almost a year now.

22. Macinposh macrumors 6502a

Well,you apparently have?
    Please leave the memo on my desk by morning. Pronto.

Moviecutters thoughts corraborate with my talks/experiences too. Albeit I have to admit,it is relatively narrow containing only movie editing/photography/graphics/layout and music arenas.
    Nobody is particulary intrested if the new*omg*MPs come out next week or not.
    People are busy working.

The only people to fret about it seems to be around here.

23. peejack macrumors 6502a

Will people stop being so morbid in this thread and please let us mac pro waiter revel in the small glimmer of hope that 'something', 'anything' with regards to mac pro may happen at macworld :D

Thanks;)

24. TripleCore macrumors regular

We won't know 100% until the keynote is over. Another week only. We can bear it out. Still time to get a few more Mac Pro threads in... [​IMG]