Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liv4Mac

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2007
NYC
!!CAUTION!! this phone works only under water in the toilet bowl.. There will be some static occasionally just flush the toilet and everything will be clear.

Dr. Scott

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2010
Really?

The ultimate gift for the ultimate poser. iClones show the utmost lack of originality. I would love to be in a room full of people when the tool using one of these gets called out. This is just plain awful.

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
One thing Google isn't afraid of is the iPhone, or it's knockoffs. And I'll take the design of most any of the newer google phones over the god-awful upcoming iPhone design. I'll also take the ability to use the phone on any network other than ATT.

I like it.And ATT.Hope you enjoy what you have.And leave us alone.

mac*jedi*g

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2007
You got to love mainland China...

Without them we wouldn't have products like:

1. Lead-laced painted toys
  2. Tainted pet food
  3. Conterfeit Apple devices that are sort of "Monet-esque" = Brilliantly attractive from a distance; jacked up when you see them up close!

What will they do for us next?

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
Man that thing is funny. I love the pixelated text under the icons on those screenshots. Very cool. lol.

for some reason it reminds me of the Russian Space Shuttle.

freddiecable

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2003
Sweden
as many other says - this and also the prototype from gizmodo looks sooo dull. it does not remind anything of apple and previous design aesthetics :(

Freeþinker

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2005
northern Virginia
Are Chinese manufacturers trying to boost American products' image?

This clone-phone is pathetic. At the risk of sounding jingoistic, it makes me happy to be American and not Chinese. It seems like, for the time being, China is not yet capable of any impacting innovation. Even in China's universities, as I've been told by one Chinese grad student, professors routinely submit papers that duplicate other scientists' published papers with only a few altered details. No, these are not the same thing as a replication studies, which are scientifically sound.

How pathetic is a country when it has to make imitation American storefronts of American retail businesses to sell pretend American products.

By comparison, we're not a country of losers after all.

UK-MacAddict

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2010
Get over it cheap knock offs and imitations exist in every country whether it be for phones or any other type of goods. I've seen street sellers in the US selling cheap fakes of phones and handbags etc, so get off your high horse.

zukernik

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2010
Hong Kong
What's up with all the racism in this thread? Not every Chinese bootlegs western products; some do it because it is very easy to do due to the high number of low cost engineers and factories in China. Some people in Mexico and Afghanistan deal drugs because they are easy to make in these areas, that doesn't mean everyone living there deals drugs. There are a lot of innovative Chinese companies: Lenovo, Hutchison (aka Three), Alibaba, Acer, ASUS, HTC, etc. Not to mention the companies co-founded by Chinese Americans like Kingston, Newegg, NVIDIA, Yahoo and YouTube.

SandynJosh

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2006
If they're going to go so far as to rip off the actual icon graphics, couldn't they at least swipe a half-decent font while they're at it? Good lord that text is fugly (never mind that it's truncated in most cases).

The truncated text was a bow to the geniuses at Microsoft. Watch for a soon-to-be-released version of this phone with only four big-assed icons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.