A Terrific Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmac0203, Jul 5, 2010.

1. dmac0203 macrumors newbie

I guess I am one of the few experiencing no problems with my phone. I have not had issues with the antenna or with the screen. I have had a great experience with my phone. I was just curious if my iPhone experience was a fluke or if a lot of people have had the same experience as I. :)

2. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

I've had the 3G, 3GS, and now the 4 and it has been the best experience yet. I come from the Jailbreak community too and I'm enjoying the phone so far in it's vanilla form.

3. ColReb22 macrumors member

I had the signal issue, but a bumper helped and itstill gets better signal than my 3G so i'm not complaining.

4. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

I felt the same way until i started recently talking on the phone more and experiencing the proximity sensor issue.

5. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

This will start to become a common occurrence for all these other people who are quote unquote having a "Terrific Experience".

I hope for the best for you guys with no issues, but start watching your sensor, its almost a guarantee your gonna start having an issue.

6. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

That's going to be my band's name. The Proximity Sensor Issue.
    I think A Terrific Experience would set the bar too high for our shows.

7. mrFinder macrumors member

you do know that EVERY iPhone 4 has the antenna issue right? you're just in an area with really good at&t coverage, meaning that after you "death grip" the phone and the signal attenuates by upto -24dB, you still have good enough coverage that puts you in the 5th bar range, meaning you won't see the bar drop. your signal DID drop however, by upto -24dB, but it's still strong enough to show 5 bars. refer to the anandtech study of the iPhone 4 antenna for more on this. so yea, sorry to burst your bubble, but just because you have not experienced it, doesn't mean that your phone doesn't have the issue.

8. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

The Anandtech study also concluded that the iPhone 4 is BY FAR the best iPhone in terms of holding calls...:)

9. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Both me and my girlfriend are having no problems with our i4s either. Haven't once had a dropped call or noticed any problems with the proximity sensor. Just loving everything about this device.

10. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

I've been happy with my iPhone 4 since launch :). It does pretty much everything I would expect a smartphone to do and more. As for the reception issue, I'm lucky enough to be in an area with good coverage, so even when my bars go down, my calls don't drop.

The only thing I wish was different is slightly unrelated to the actual phone; I wish more nice cases were available at launch.

11. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

Who cares if he has he antenna issue? It's not causing him any problems. He's referring to his overall experience thusfar which has been terrific. He lives in an area with good AT&T reception. Good for him. I made sure the reception in my area was excellent before switching to AT&T 2 years ago. If it wasn't I wouldn't have switched. If you're not having a good experience what exactly are you actively doing about it besides being a little bitch about it? If you don't like it then find a phone/service provider that will give you one.

12. rotlex macrumors 6502a

Guess you can add me to the lucky list. I'm coming from a 3G. So far, my experience with calls, data connectivity, and everything else has been FAR superior with the new phone.

I was almost always guaranteed no service in my own house. The new phone has service throughout, and has yet to drop a call. I'm not saying that some are not having issues, but I'm thinking all the bad posts are very exaggerated.

So far, nothing but a BIG thumbs up for this phone!

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I was wondering when “one of those having problems”* would come into this thread.

I think it’s funny, the *whiner threads don’t want anyone to post that doesn’t have a problem, but these threads where people aren’t having issues are fair game? Whatever happened to discussion around here?

I was attacked in one of those threads for stating that even if I have two bars, I can’t get my signal to go down by touching my phone a certain way. Since they don’t believe my word, I now have to get a video camera, go find one of these bad locations, and film this, while also getting another iPhone 4 that “does" have the problem (WTF?) and filming that beside it??? I really wish someone would post such a video to shut them up.

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

iPhone, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 user here. All were and are great phones. Not a problem with them.

15. PhxBlue macrumors regular

PhxBlue

I watch my signal drop by 3 bars with the whole grip deal but my iPhone 4 still handles calls better than my 3G and 3GS did. I've fortunately not suffered a proximity sensor failure yet but my wifes iPhone 4 is a major offender of the problem.

16. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I REALLY REALLY hope this is an isolated incident with the Proximity Sensor... it really seems that some have it and some dont and man I hope that ones that dont dont eventually get the problem too!

this is what I like to see cause this guy knows what to look for on his phone cause his wife has it and he can replicate the problem on his.... This really leads me to believe contrary to what Alot of people say It has to be a hardware issue and not a iOS4 software issue.

I will be getting a replacement phone this week so I will cross my fingers and pray for the best cause I really dont want to be an iPhone hater and return it for a full refund. I have had an iPhone since day one and this is the only time I've ever had a problem with them and there products.

17. msooffutt macrumors member

I was disappointed at first, but after I received my sim adapter and fired up my 3gs I discovered that it does indeed have the same antenna issues. Might explain all the dropped calls people have always complained about with all the iphones. I hate to admit it, but now that I know what is going on, the phone works perfectly for me.

Now as far as the proximity sensor, I also had problems with it and was about to send the phone back. What I did to fix it was restored the phone back as a new phone erasing everything and I haven't had the problem since. I think some people have fixed it by resetting the settings, which I didn't know about at the time.

I love the phone now and think the positives far out weigh the negatives. I do think they could have done a better job insulating the two antennas. It kinda seems a little unprofessional for Apple, but in the end I don't think it's a big deal.

18. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

mine works flawlessly. So does my girlfriend's, my sister's, and two of my coworkers that got them as well :). The issues are not as wide spread as this forum is making them out to be.

19. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I'm glad I have an Apple store just a few miles from home. I just stopped by, showed my phone to a genius and he gave me a brand new one in it's original sealed box. He opened the box, activated it and copied the contents of my original into the new one.

I've been using it for about 30 minutes and already I can tell I got really lucky. This is one of the rare few that is just fine. No issues.

It probably helps that I've bought three new MacBook Pros and a Mac Pro from the store so far this year. Being a regular has it's benefits...:D

20. PhxBlue macrumors regular

PhxBlue

What were the issues you returned it for?

21. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Not so rare...most people are having no issue with there iP4's...I was recently in three of my area's 5 Apple Stores and there were waiting lists to BUY the iP4 still and no one lining up to return them...
    I'm glad however you got your issue resolved...:)

22. Andre5 macrumors newbie

Speakers and Audio

I agree that the iphone 4 is the best one yet, I am having the proximity problem but the major thing I have noticed is it does not seem that the audio works as good (quality and audible level) as the 3GS. Or it does not reach the level it should. Let me know if anyone out there has the same problem. I do not have it in a case.

Other than that its a better phone no doubt, especially the pictures and video are outstanding.

23. fairoasis macrumors member

No Problems Here

I took my i4 straight out of the box, had invisishield installed, and put it in a case. I live in a rural IL town notorious for poor AT & T signal, and thus far, not a problem with reception or dropped calls. My proximity sensor isn't having an issue either. I am very happy with the phone.

24. andrewsd macrumors 6502

Love mine

Best phone I ever had for reception. Blows my 3G away. Coulndt be happier. It be nice to use it as a mobile hot spot but unlike sprint AT&T actually has a lot of subscribers so I understand.

25. shiftmx05 macrumors newbie

Well said!

Im loving my iPhone 4 so far. No problems.