A video of someone with a REAL iPhone 6

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
You'd think that video would make people want the non-plus, only because it makes the standard 6 look really good.

6 seems like the natural next iPhone, whereas the plus is almost a completely new product, which is also why people want it!

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Personally, I had my heart set on the plus. However, I lift at the gym (while phone is in pocket) and do cardio often so I know carrying around a big phone like that wouldn't be worth it.

Also, I figured I could do without the OIS as it's not that big of a deal for me. It all comes down to what works best in everyday situations.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Personally, I had my heart set on the plus. However, I lift at the gym (while phone is in pocket) and do cardio often so I know carrying around a big phone like that wouldn't be worth it.

Also, I figured I could do without the OIS as it's not that big of a deal for me. It all comes down to what works best in everyday situations.
I agree. I think it also depends on how you use it. I'm at my computer a lot. Do I need a huge screen when I am in my car (parked, not driving), in a public place, etc? I don't really think so.

Now, if my phone was my computer, I'd want the Plus.

danpass

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2009
Miami, FL
Interesting video ... if you can make it through that guy's speech. He should have written a script.

The phone seems to fit nicely in the hand and the screen looks to be appreciably larger (vs marginally larger).

I kept hoping he would overlay the 5/5s over the 6 to get a real comparison view. Alas, I was youtube'd*

* like when someone says they're going to press a button and almost do it, then they continue talking instead, their finger gets close to pressing, then they take it away, all the while continuing to talk ... and never pressing the button they said they would lol.

At least we avoided the full youtube experience (ie: shaky video)

-

Last edited:

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I went ahead and ordered the clear case he showed at the end as well. Looked around and 'ringke' has gotten good reviews. :)

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005

I've also used seidio spring clip holsters at the gym. Even for the 5 and smaller 4/4S.

In the pocket with bench and such more often than not phone ended up hitting the mats, or at best dangling in the air from my headphones. For me at least.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
I'm keeping my 5S when the 6 Plus arrives. When I go to the gym, I will just swap out the sim from the Plus to the 5S.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida

Agreed. Was planning on the 6 Plus but it sold out incredibly quick so I just went with the 6. Not a huge deal though.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
Good video.

While I'm set on the 6+, this video really shows how the 6 should be perfectly adequate for anyone

cymolia

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
Orange County, FL

i can confirm, i am gym

Dunbar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
LOL, that video was just one long not-so-subtle Amazon referral link. The IP6 looks like the real deal at least so I would like to see more videos of the UI responsiveness.

Azzin

macrumors 601
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
You'd think that video would make people want the non-plus, only because it makes the standard 6 look really good.

6 seems like the natural next iPhone, whereas the plus is almost a completely new product, which is also why people want it!
I think it depends on the video.

TechCrunch's video for example, I think makes the Plus look the like one to go for (which I had already done!).

http://youtu.be/qdyyXcI8Ujc

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012
Wow those white antenna breaks looks weird on the gold.
I ordered my girl the gold and this video is kind of making me regret it lol. Think it might be the lighting thats making it look so cheap. Whatever. I'm sure she'll love it its shiny lol

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
So it does wobble! 2:10 in the video. Quite a bit too if you're inclined to check the phone when it's laying on a surface. Looks like I may need a case after all.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
That protruding camera would do my nut in. At least Samsung place it centrally for stability.
Also how many presses is the poor home button going to get if people minimise the rows of icons all the time? A double press used to bring up the app tray, how do you obtain that now?

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012
So it does wobble! 2:10 in the video. Quite a bit too if you're inclined to check the phone when it's laying on a surface. Looks like I may need a case after all.
Whats the big idea with the wobble lol. Do people play that close attention to their phones when they're resting face down on a flat surface?