Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nealh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2010
I moved from 7+ to the X. I like the overall size but miss the width for typing on Plus size...
So I jumped at Xs Max

I do think Apple is crap for not having the base phone at 128gb. I am staying with 64 gb. I still have 40gb free

Reactions: PBz

Chevyguy2021

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2017
I went from the 7+ to the x. Loved both phones. Liked the bigger screen on the x.
Glad to be going back to a plus sized phone. Ordered the Xs Max :)

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
I love the physical dimensions of the X.

I do miss that little bit of horizontal screen space, though.

I like reading lot online, so the MAX will be welcomed by me for that reason.
Will love to buy it but the notch stop me from that will keep using my 8+

jeffg819

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2006
Missed the size of the 7+ so going Max.

I’ve enjoyed the X but I find typing easier for me on the wider screen.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I didn't buy the iPhone X last year because I knew its a prototype phone my proof is that its discontinue now
There were no issues with iPhone X. It's only discontinued because it will eat into the sales of the Xs since the phones are so similar.

Normally Apple would have a feature that will differentiate the s model from the original. The Xs has none.

Cashmonee

macrumors 65832
May 27, 2006
I will go against the grain here and say I love the size of X. The 6S Plus and 7 Plus were just way too huge for most pockets and they did not handle well, especially one-handed. I assume the XS Max will be even worse for handling than the TouchID form factor. I always found the Plus to be a disappointment in the end since it was still too small for landscape usage and didn't really offer a whole lot in portrait mode all while having the penalty of a phone that is not really pocketable, especially in dress pants or athletic shorts, and couldn't really be used one-handed.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
I have found the physical size of the X ideal. When they said the Max will be the same physical size as the Plus models but a bigger screen, I was not too crazy about it. It was hard enough swiping top to bottom on the plus, the Max will definitely be a 2 handed phone. Sometimes big is too big.

Reactions: PBz and Cashmonee

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
I don’t know why but I gave the plus a shot and it was way too big to carry around and I haven’t been back to the plus size for 3 generations.

I much prefer keeping a small phone that can be used one handed and actually be able to sit down without having to put my phone on the table and actually using it comfortably ALL of the time.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I don’t get the not being able to use a bigger phone one-handed. I have had the + phones since the 6, and, other than texting which I’ve never done with one hand in any phone, I use my phone one handed all the time. And I’m 5’3, 125 lbs, so not a large person with large hands.

The Loopy case makes it super doable.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I've enjoyed my X, but I've wanted an X Plus (Max) since last year. Looking forward to the Max!
Kind of where I’ve been. BTW, love the Ridgeback. I miss my guy.
[doublepost=1537145433][/doublepost]
I don’t get the not being able to use a bigger phone one-handed. I have had the + phones since the 6, and, other than texting which I’ve never done with one hand in any phone, I use my phone one handed all the time. And I’m 5’3, 125 lbs, so not a large person with large hands.

The Loopy case makes it super doable.
Consuming this thread one-handed on 8+ right now. Also, never type one-handed regardless of size. 6’ with sausages as someone said.

Reactions: Pipper99

Pepperfection

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2017
I have to check the actual MAX size before deciding. The bigger one is cool, but its hard for people like me who enjoy traveling/trekking/going to concerts.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I have to check the actual MAX size before deciding. The bigger one is cool, but its hard for people like me who enjoy traveling/trekking/going to concerts.
This is a good picture showing you its size compared to a 7 Plus:

Dm63DcPX4AA_7s4.jpg

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Kind of where I’ve been. BTW, love the Ridgeback. I miss my guy.
[doublepost=1537145433][/doublepost]
Consuming this thread one-handed on 8+ right now. Also, never type one-handed regardless of size. 6’ with sausages as someone said.

Thank you so much! He passed 3 years ago, and I’ll always miss him. :)

Markgnyc2

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2013
The X is the perfect size phone. I had all the plus phones, and though I loved the screen size, it was simply too big for my pockets. It was always uncomfortable sitting with the phone in my pocket. The X really is the perfect screen size and pocket size. And its big enough to be productive. When I need a bigger screen, I have my iPad Pro or MacBook. This is the first year I'm willingly sitting out the upgrade.

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
The screen was fine, it just got rid of the bezels. It just took getting used to the size in my hand.

chrisforpm

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2015
It’ll take a bit of time to readjust, but I can’t wait. I went from a 5s to 6 plus, then 6s plus and 7 plus. When I went to the X I remember thinking, wow this thing is small. It’s been a great though, I don’t mind the size and I’ve adjusted. But I just can’t pass up the beautiful, large OLED screen so I ordered a XS Max. Adjusting back from the smaller phone will be like 2014 all over again.

Reactions: millydog and PBz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.