A5 Untethered Jailbreak Issues, Bugs, Incompatibilities, ETC

Cgbspur21

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2010
Has anybody lost cell phone service? I installed intelliscreen X and springtomize. Everything was working fine and now my phone says no service. Any ideas? I'm at work and can't restore/re-jailbreak at the moment.
Go into Settings-General-Reset-and "Reset All Settings". This should fix it.

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
ok so i deleted absinthe from my homescreen and tried to rejailbreak and all it keeps saying is recovery completed... wtf :\
Unplug your phone and plug it back in

Also, from another thread, take of the phone PIN lock b4 jailbreaking

ihonda

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2009
Quit and reload Absynth on your mac? (yes im clutching at straws).
done and done. it sees the iphone and says click to jb then it says we will attempt to fix it... no dice looking like a restore at this point.

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
done and done. it sees the iphone and says click to jb then it says we will attempt to fix it... no dice looking like a restore at this point.
Bad luck mate, I had the same issue, rebooting iphone and Absinthe on the Mac sorted it though.

Chad H

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2008
Auburn, AL
Yup had the same problem. Had to restore. Let me know if resetting all settings fixes this for you.
Resettings all settings has fixed this issue. Still have two minor issues. Intelliscreen X is still showing "E" for edge when you pull down on the notification center one more time. My 4S(Verizon) is showing 3G service. Also, iCloud contacts are acting a little querky.

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
3G Unrestrictor works great!

I just want to point out that if anyone is having an issue locating jailbreak apps or packages, you need to go to the Changes tab and hit Refresh. You need a fresh Sources list.

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Infinifolder and Infinidock seem to be broken atm... Springboard keeps crashing with infinifolder, and infinidock just doesn't work.
I'll confirm that. Infinifolders was the first app I tried. :) Oh well.

I'm attempting to install MyWi 5 now. Will report back.

malevolant

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Boston, MA
I'll confirm that. Infinifolders was the first app I tried. :) Oh well.
Yeah. Ugly 20 folders for like 3 different categories. :-/

I'm sure it will be fixed soon though, not too worried. I have noticed that BiteSMS broke some of my contacts...or at least they were broken. Fixed now.

Chad H

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2008
Auburn, AL
Has anybody had a problem with icloud contacts? Upon resetting all settings, my contacts are they but instead of displaying the name in messages and my call log it's got their numbers instead. Any ideas?

lonman06

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Restore again and your contacts will be fixed.

quaxon

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Does absynth not work with osx 10.5? I have a hackintosh ive used every other time to jb but this time I keep getting "the application quit unexpectedly" every time I try to open it.