Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wojcikk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I accidentally clicked on what I think is a phishing link from an email sent from an existing contact. The subject line was "Fwd: Fw to MY NAME" and the message content was "I think this is something you may appreciate http://www.tx4b.news1088.date/firstname-lastname/

I didn't click on anything on the page once it opened, because I realized the content wasn't actually something my "contact" would normally send me. It appeared to some TMZ article about celebrity weight loss. Now, I'm hesitant to do much else on my iPhone. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Have you erased the mail from your inbox and cleared browser history? If so,there is prolly nothing to worry about.
The description makes it clear that all they wanted was to make you order some worthless weight loss stuff.

wojcikk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2017
Hi Stefan,

Thanks so much for your response! Yes, I've deleted the email and cleared my browser history.

I appreciate it!

GaryRobson

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2015
London
Hi wojcikk,

I wouldn't worry about clicking a phishing link on your iPhone. iOS can't be hacked or breached in that fashion, as long as you didn't put any information onto that webpage, you'll be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.