Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lansa

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Just saw there's an update to Activator 1.4.1. Has anyone installed this yet? Any issues or is it safe?

drensin

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Activator update

Been using swipe in from bottom left (anywhere) to bring up "multitasking" (ha!) tray. Worked great in previous version. Now the gesture causes screen to judder and open/close tray many times until I stop it. fades icons on screen above.

Changed gesture to (anywhere) icon spread. Works fine.

everything else seems okay.

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
Swipe up from bottom is broken. I have Lockinfo set to pull down from the top or close up from the bottom, and if I do the swipe up from the bottom it goes crazy. Pull from top works fine.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Just saw there's an update to Activator 1.4.1. Has anyone installed this yet? Any issues or is it safe?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/984558/

checkout my thread, its not the update itself, but activator is giving me the worst problem yet since my jailbreak, leaving me with no choice but to not install any app that requires it. I have contacted Ryan, who is the contact developer for it and he made the update to address the issue, but it hasn't changed. Scenario 1&2 mentioned in my thread are still there.

Thanks
AE

philip in al

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
When you have a JB iPhone, how do you guys know when there is an update available for one of you apps, or for a system app like the one you are talking about in this post?

Thanks

supervelous

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Swipe up from bottom is broken. I have Lockinfo set to pull down from the top or close up from the bottom, and if I do the swipe up from the bottom it goes crazy. Pull from top works fine.

I had Notifier set to pull up from bottom, and it was going crazy as well and even crashed my springboard.

However, I went to Activator, deactivated Notifier and swipe from bottom, then reactivated it to swipe from bottom, and now swipe up from bottom works fine.

Must just go crazy for anything you had using that function from before the update.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
When you have a JB iPhone, how do you guys know when there is an update available for one of you apps, or for a system app like the one you are talking about in this post?

Thanks

go on your cydia app and go on the "changes" tab at the bottom of the app. any update will show as "new" to download there.

Thanks
AE

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA

I've never had any luck with swipe up from bottom. Maybe I'm using it incorrectly but I'm always accidently hitting an icon in the dock. What's the correct way to swipe up from the bottom? Unless I'm just lousy with that gesture.

I've updated and everything still works perfectly for me.

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA
I've never had any luck with swipe up from bottom. Maybe I'm using it incorrectly but I'm always accidently hitting an icon in the dock. What's the correct way to swipe up from the bottom? Unless I'm just lousy with that gesture.

I've updated and everything still works perfectly for me.

this... am i swipe retarded? i want my phone to go to sleep when i swipe up from bottom. absolutely nothing happens. it doesn't even go crazy as other people are complaining. this is before and after update. i had heard of someone having this working previously. i am moving my thumb in an upward slide starting right above the home button. and yes my thumb is touching the screen :rolleyes:

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
Mine is working fine :D, still have the same lock and try to unlock after problem with top switch but whatever.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Mine is working fine :D, still have the same lock and try to unlock after problem with top switch but whatever.

Hi,

say what? sorry I ddint get the last few words. basically the whole sentence actually. Anyways if you have a problem that I discussed in my thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/984558/

Then wait for activator 1.4.2, which should solve the issue by just ignoring the double tap lock button if it has nothing assigned to it.

Thanks
AE

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
I have discussed in your thread.
Springboard-> top lock button -> top lock button again -> screen flash

I was there with you when you put in into pertrich or whatever the guys names is that runs activator...

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
I have discussed in your thread.
Springboard-> top lock button -> top lock button again -> screen flash

I was there with you when you put in into pertrich or whatever the guys names is that runs activator...

Oh yea now I remember, sorry I was just a little confused with that sentence, you mean tap lock button -> tap lock button again -> screen flash.

Anyways thanks for the help, we finally have the issue almost resolved, well not resolved but have a workaround now. Hes adding code to the app, making it ignore the double tap lock button if nothing is assigned to it. which will most likely resolve the issue. Activator 1.4.2 should be out any minute.

Thanks
AE

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003

It is a very touchy gesture. You need to get the starting point right. If you don't do that, it never works. On iOS4, I aim for the tiny bar that represents the front face of the "shelf" the dock icons are sitting on. If you're off even the slightest amount, it won't work.

I mainly did it for the seamlessness of "pull down to open, push up to close". Typically I just tap on an empty area of Lockinfo, which causes it to close.

deeznutz

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Been using swipe in from bottom left (anywhere) to bring up "multitasking" (ha!) tray. Worked great in previous version. Now the gesture causes screen to judder and open/close tray many times until I stop it. fades icons on screen above.

Changed gesture to (anywhere) icon spread. Works fine.

everything else seems okay.

same problem here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.