Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

headphonesonly

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2010
Canada
Would this program be of benefit to podcasters or is it more of a professional audio editor targeted mainly toward musicians?

It's more of an wave editor so it functions very well for podcasters. Audition is used heavily in the Radio Industry and has a better workflow for things like podcasting compared to something like Logic which is more musically focused.

aristotle

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Canada
Ok Durin. Pass on this bit of feedback. Tell that guy in the video to stop referring to the general public as "my friends". We are not his friends but rather potential customers of his employer.

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

THIS GUY HAS TO LAY OFF THE CAFFEIN. wow son.

Durin

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2010
Ok Durin. Pass on this bit of feedback. Tell that guy in the video to stop referring to the general public as "my friends". We are not his friends but rather potential customers of his employer.

Jason, the narrator in the video and the Adobe Evangelist for video and audio tools, really is as gregarious and friendly as he sounds in that video. I could do no more to stop his rampaging rhinos of friendship than I could turn off a tornado. I'd much rather have his particular brand of, umm, enthusiasm behind our product than some boring, milquetoast monotoner discussing things.

Besides, that video was made several months ago. He's got a few newer videos about the public beta available at http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/audition/videos.html and is much more restrained and calming.

headphonesonly

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2010
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I chatted with this guy at the International Broadcasters Conference in Amsterdam this year and he's a little bit more relaxed in person but still super passionate about the software.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007

Oh come on, be nice. He seems very excited about this product and very genuine. Wow, the world certainly puts themselves at risk to be bashed when they go on the internet, especially when they don't deserve it. :p

Durin

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2010
This is free?

This public beta preview is a time-limited, free release. No money, no dongles, no license requests, no restrictions. It will stop launching sometime after the final product is released for sale, but any content you create with this will still be available and will work fine with the official release.

Edit: I saw you edited your post about a 30-day trial. This public beta preview is not a 30-day trial, but should function for several months. (I don't have an official release date for when the final version will be available for purchase, but I can guarantee it will not happen until sometime in 2011.)

Last edited:

iWonderwhy

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2010
This public beta preview is a time-limited, free release. No money, no dongles, no license requests, no restrictions. It will stop launching sometime after the final product is released for sale, but any content you create with this will still be available and will work fine with the official release.

Awesome, thanks.

kaisdaddy

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2008
A few questions...

Hey all,

MacRumors fan, thought I'd make an official account and answer any questions I can about this public beta release of Adobe Audition for the Mac.

Audition has long been a tool for recording professionals and amateurs, and while it was very good and live music recording and production, it was never really intended as a replacement for more composition/synthesizer-based applications like Cubase. We did license some MIDI Sequencing technology in Audition 3, but I won't hesitate to say that it was not up to the quality and ease of use as the majority of our application. Audition is excellent as a tool for musicians recording live performances, for podcasters, and especially for audio post-production in audio or video houses.

The application has been re-written from scratch, though the core DSP remains the same. This release IS 32-bit only, not because we don't see value in a 64-bit release but for technical and marketing concerns. That said, we have been building 64-bit releases internally and while I can't state for certain that we'll support 64-bit in the future, I personally see no reason it won't happen soon enough.

I encourage you to share your thoughts, wishes, demands, and crafty insults about this release. If you have plug-ins that cause problems or are incompatible, or find your hardware doesn't work as well as it should, please let me know here or on the Adobe Labs discussion board so we can make sure it's solid for the final release.

Thanks!

Hi Durin,

No crafty insults here but I do have a few questions:

1. Will you make it easily roundtrip with Final Cut Pro? I realize that there will be tight Premiere integration but a lot of us use FCP on a regular basis and would not mind having an alternative to Soundtrack Pro if the integration is smooth.

2. Will there be a price break for current Adobe customers. I already paid my Adobe tax this year (upgraded to the CS5 Master Collection), so it would be nice if there's some type of discount there.

3. Not having played with it yet, does Audition allow me to save a group of effects, along with their settings, into a custom (virtual) rack that I can easily recall for quick recordings or batch processing? I do a lot of audio voice overs for online learning programs and that would be a big time saver.

emulator

macrumors 6502a
Hey all,

MacRumors fan, thought I'd make an official account and answer any questions I can about this public beta release of Adobe Audition for the Mac. Thanks!
Don't waste your time with this board. They all hate most of Adobe's product line until the day Jobs says otherwise. Until they follow their ruler's wish.

Those who have different opinion can get their Adobe dose somewhere else.

peter02l

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2009
Thanks Adobe!

... for your ardent and unrelenting support of the Macintosh platform. Where would the Mac be without you?

I am sure you are porting all these apps just because you're nice.

Honestly, substitute that silly enthusiasm for a little solemn dignity and, cut that fanzy panzy stuff.

pmasters

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2009
How can this be I ask you? I mean if you look at the rest of the forum every time MR posts something on Adobe, Mac users call Adobe a dying company that no longer innovates or develops competent products for OSX.

But they easily forget and forgive Jobs for not keeping up development on FCP and other pro-apps. So they will sing the praises until Uncle Jobs throws them another mail claiming the next pro-apps will blow our socks off.

For the users b*tching about Audition for Mac being 32bit, deal with it and remember that Adobe was the one that brought you 64bit professional media apps long before Jobs sent any email talking about buckling up.

Durin

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2010
Hi Durin,

No crafty insults here but I do have a few questions:

1. Will you make it easily roundtrip with Final Cut Pro? I realize that there will be tight Premiere integration but a lot of us use FCP on a regular basis and would not mind having an alternative to Soundtrack Pro if the integration is smooth.

2. Will there be a price break for current Adobe customers. I already paid my Adobe tax this year (upgraded to the CS5 Master Collection), so it would be nice if there's some type of discount there.

3. Not having played with it yet, does Audition allow me to save a group of effects, along with their settings, into a custom (virtual) rack that I can easily recall for quick recordings or batch processing? I do a lot of audio voice overs for online learning programs and that would be a big time saver.

1. This release already has support for importing Final Cut XML sequences. The integration is obviously not as tight as it is between FC and STP, but you can easily export your Final Cut sequence to XML, import into Audition, then render mixdowns to be dropped back into your Final Cut timeline.

2. The release schedule hasn't been determined yet. I believe there are plans to address upgrade scenarios like you've described, but I don't have any part in those meetings. If I find out more information, I'll update this thread.

3. Yes, you can save presets for individual effects, or presets for a complete effects rack configuration. You can save these presets as Favorites which can be applied with a single click from the Favorites menu, or applied to a group of files in the Batch Process window.

Durin

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2010
doesn't work with my Core Duo running OSX 10.6.4 :(

Can you describe what happens when you try to launch the application? Do you receive an error message? If you can provide more information to audbugs@adobe.com or in the Crash Reporter dialog that should appear shortly after it fails, we can hopefully determine what's happening.

pmasters

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2009

No worse than Jobs and his "one more thing" or "magical" hype.

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

pmasters said:

No worse than Jobs and his "one more thing" or "magical" hype.

How does that have anything to do with the fact that he sounds like he lives at starbucks?

aristotle

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Canada
I'm all for enthusiasm for your product and your company but that is a little bit different than sounding too familiar with the general public. The English speaking world is made of a number of different cultures with their own sensibilities let alone considering people from other nations who also speak and understand English as their second language.

He could keep his exuberance while showing a little bit more professionalism and respect towards the general public.

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

aristotle said:
I'm not your friend, guy.

I'm not you guy, friend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.