Adobe CS6 - After Effects - Not Compatible

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by lrmd98, Jan 8, 2016.

1. lrmd98 macrumors member

lrmd98

Hi guys, Just tried to launch Adobe After Effects CS6, must say i haven't used it for over a month..
    All my other CS6 applications are working but After Effects is saying it's not compatible with this version of OS X.
    Any ideas as to when an update will come out to support AE again?

Attached Files:

2. chandler99 macrumors regular

3. lrmd98 thread starter macrumors member

lrmd98

4. pwhitehead macrumors 6502

pwhitehead

Drink the cool aid my friend and upgrade to CC. :)

5. chrfr macrumors 603

CS6 isn't going to receive any additional updates for anything. Are you using version 11.0.4? That is the latest version of AE CS6. http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=13&platform=Macintosh

From Adobe: "Note that After Effects CS6 requires the 11.0.4 update to work on any version of Mac OS X from 10.9 forward because of an incompatibility between newer versions of Mac OS X and a GPU library used by After Effects."

6. lrmd98 thread starter macrumors member

lrmd98

Hi thanks for your reply, yes i am using the most up-to-date version.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 9, 2016 ---
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I have been contemplating upgrading to CC, but CS6 was a lot of money and i don't really like the pay-monthly system for CC, i'd prefer to pay for things outright as and when i can afford them..

7. chrfr macrumors 603

You might try to reapply the 11.0.4 update just in case something went wrong. Adobe says it works in El Capitan.

8. lrmd98 thread starter macrumors member

lrmd98

Thanks for that, i'll give it a try now.

9. joema2 macrumors 65816

joema2

You eventually have a big decision to make. You cannot stay on CS6 forever. CC is a good product but it's subscription only. The path of least resistance is just pay the monthly fee. OTOH, no matter how long you pay the subscription, if you ever stop paying you lose access to your projects, although the final rendered files will still play.

Other Mac-platform editing options are Avid Media Composer which is $1,600, FCPX which is $299 and updated for free, and Da Vinci Resolve which is entirely free: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

10. lrmd98 thread starter macrumors member

lrmd98

Thanks guys for your help and views. Decided to take the plunge and upgrade to CC at the weekend.

11. ajforbes20 macrumors regular

ajforbes20