Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Adobe Photoshop Touch for iPad 2 Accidentally Launched, Officially Coming Monday

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Adobe prematurely launched Adobe Photoshop Touch for the iPad 2 in several worldwide stores this evening, but the app has since been pulled.

Adobe first announced the product back in October, 2011 alongside 5 other upcoming tablet applications. Adobe Photoshop Touch is described as a tool to "let you quickly combine images, apply professional effects, share the results with friends and family through social networking sites like Facebook, and more".

Features listed include:
- Use popular Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.
- Use your iPad camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique camera fill feature.
- Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
- Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
- Share images on Facebook and view comments right within the app.
- Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you'd like to achieve. Then follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
- Use AirPrint for wireless printing of Photoshop Touch projects.
- Upload projects to Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop CS5.
- Maximum image resolution: 1600 x 1600 pixels
The launch is believed to have been a mistake and is expected to officially launch on Monday for $9.99 in the U.S. It will be compatible with the iPad 2 only. We've included the full set of screenshots.

Article Link: Adobe Photoshop Touch for iPad 2 Accidentally Launched, Officially Coming Monday

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Adobe "prematurely" launched this app and priced it at $9.99

My guess is they made an error and will re-launch the app on Monday priced at $199.99 -- anyone want to take bets on this?

By the way, I have the desktop (Mac OS X) full-box version of Adobe Photoshop 5, and it was $599.99, so yes, I can say they don't exactly "give away" their software for cheap...especially Photoshop.

Comment

Batteman87

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2011
South Carolina
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Apparently not compatable on iPad first gen... Boo!

Comment

mingisback

macrumors regular
May 21, 2003
United States

My guess is they made an error and will re-launch the app on Monday priced at $199.99 -- anyone want to take bets on this?

By the way, I have the desktop (Mac OS X) full-box version of Adobe Photoshop 5, and it was $599.99, so yes, I can say they don't exactly "give away" their software for cheap...especially Photoshop.

It's $9.99 on the Android Market. The price is no mistake.

Comment

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005

I do.

Comment

GoGa

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2012
Woo, I managed to get it in the UK store for £6.99! It's a really good app, I'm surprised they weren't asked to demo this at the iPad 3 event.

Comment

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
looks pretty nice, and for $10 I'd say it's a must for anyone who like to noodle with photos. If it does a tenth of the desktop version it'd be worth it for that price.

Comment

speedylomeli

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2011
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Looks Fun

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Adobe prematurely launched Adobe Photoshop Touch for the iPad 2 in several worldwide stores this evening, but the app has since been pulled.

Adobe first announced the product back in October, 2011 alongside 5 other upcoming tablet applications. Adobe Photoshop Touch is described as a tool to "let you quickly combine images, apply professional effects, share the results with friends and family through social networking sites like Facebook, and more".

Features listed include:

The launch is believed to have been a mistake and is expected to officially launch on Monday for $9.99 in the U.S. We've included the full set of screenshots.

Article Link: Adobe Photoshop Touch for iPad 2 Accidentally Launched, Officially Coming Monday

This looks like a fun app to use. Retouch some pics and email them to family and friends.

Comment

Rennir

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2012
$9.99 for the touch version? Either its functionality is half of the computer version, or this is a steal!

Comment

iCarabma

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2012
Woo, I managed to get it in the UK store for £6.99! It's a really good app, I'm surprised they weren't asked to demo this at the iPad 3 event.

I bet you will see apple demo Aperture instead.

Comment

Delighted

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2012
I have done very few photo editing on the iPad. Can anyone with experience tell tell me if it felt awkward using the lasso tool(if this tool is even offered on the iPad) to cut out backgrounds?

Comment

shadowkhas

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2006
When this is officially announced, someone should definitely investigate the app for any @2x Retina-quality assets.

Comment

ABernardoJr

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2006
If there was brush/pressure-sensitivity with the iPad this would be pretty impressive. Even as it stands now it's okay though. Imagine the possibilities if it could function like a Wacom tablet

Comment

AriX

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2007

Apple and Adobe aren't really best friends these days...

Comment

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
Hahaha how does this happen? How do you "accidentally" launch an app? I mean, you have to press "Send" or "Enter" or whatever, right?

Comment

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
That second to last screenshot has me just a little worried. While I don't expect this app to have all the features of its desktop counterparts, I hope it's at least more than some casual art package for social medialists.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.