- Apr 12, 2001
Adobe prematurely launched Adobe Photoshop Touch for the iPad 2 in several worldwide stores this evening, but the app has since been pulled.
Adobe first announced the product back in October, 2011 alongside 5 other upcoming tablet applications. Adobe Photoshop Touch is described as a tool to "let you quickly combine images, apply professional effects, share the results with friends and family through social networking sites like Facebook, and more".
Features listed include:
The launch is believed to have been a mistake and is expected to officially launch on Monday for $9.99 in the U.S. It will be compatible with the iPad 2 only. We've included the full set of screenshots.- Use popular Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.
- Use your iPad camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique camera fill feature.
- Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
- Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
- Share images on Facebook and view comments right within the app.
- Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you'd like to achieve. Then follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
- Use AirPrint for wireless printing of Photoshop Touch projects.
- Upload projects to Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop CS5.
- Maximum image resolution: 1600 x 1600 pixels
Article Link: Adobe Photoshop Touch for iPad 2 Accidentally Launched, Officially Coming Monday