Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyleeeee

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2016
Hey guys,

Has anyone purchased a MacBook from Adorama? They had a pretty good deal, so I did. Just wondering about all you guys's statuses. Mine's backordered, ordered on November 25.

Also, does anyone know if Adorama has ever received shipments from Apple early? I asked and they said the expected shipping time is the 3rd week of December, but I'm hopeful that it'll ship early!

If we could use this thread as the Adorama thread, that'd be cool!

Last edited:

ModusPwnin'

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2016
I finally made my order last night (13in nTB i5/16/512) after a couple weeks of indecision, and I canceled my touchbar order from Apple. I've never ordered from them before, but their discounts (plus no tax) were very compelling. The configuration I ordered is on backorder as well.

3rd week of December is a little later than I had hoped. On top of 7-10 business days for shipping, does that mean I shouldn't expect my MBP to arrive until late-December/early-January? If so, that's kind of a bummer... Hopefully they do end up shipping early.

kyleeeee

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2016
I finally made my order last night (13in nTB i5/16/512) after a couple weeks of indecision, and I canceled my touchbar order from Apple. I've never ordered from them before, but their discounts (plus no tax) were very compelling. The configuration I ordered is on backorder as well.

3rd week of December is a little later than I had hoped. On top of 7-10 business days for shipping, does that mean I shouldn't expect my MBP to arrive until late-December/early-January? If so, that's kind of a bummer... Hopefully they do end up shipping early.

My hopes exactly. The deals were ******* GREAT, but the slow shipping times.... :( I asked a rep and he said the estimates are usually accurate. But, Apple does often ship their own products earlier than the expected ship date, so I'm hoping it will happen as well!!

Zer0Evil

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
On Sunday I ordered a 13in nTB SG i5/16/256 on backorder. I'm hoping i'll arrive by Christmas.

lu0s3r322

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2005
Purchased a TB 13in i5/16/512 yesterday, was told it would start shipping by the 3rd-4th week of December. B&H would not price match their Applecare/Apple Insider bundle surprisingly.

kyleeeee

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2016
Purchased a TB 13in i5/16/512 yesterday, was told it would start shipping by the 3rd-4th week of December. B&H would not price match their Applecare/Apple Insider bundle surprisingly.

Yep I was told that too. B&H was also not price matching anything... wtf?!?!

Andre Y

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2016
Ordered baseline nTB bundled with Apple care on November 25. Back ordered too. They've charged my credit card for the apple care but the laptop won't be shipped until first week of December ...

kyleeeee

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2016
Ordered baseline nTB bundled with Apple care on November 25. Back ordered too. They've charged my credit card for the apple care but the laptop won't be shipped until first week of December ...

At least you don't have to wait like 2-4 more weeks :(((

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
You guys and gals that ordered the special Apple Insider deal through Adorama are getting one heck of a good deal. I considered it, but ultimately passed and bought directly from an Apple Store because I needed the laptop for a major 2-month trip starting on Jan 2nd.

While it may seem difficult waiting, just kick back and smile knowing that you saved a few hundred dollars, which is some serious coin. In the end, you definitely win!

Reactions: mgritts22

Andre Y

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2016
At least you don't have to wait like 2-4 more weeks :(((

After making a phone call to adorama, my nTB MBP is on its way now. They also upgraded the delivery into expedited shipping. Expecting to get my hands on it within 2 days. Excited!

ModusPwnin'

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2016
After making a phone call to adorama, my nTB MBP is on its way now. They also upgraded the delivery into expedited shipping. Expecting to get my hands on it within 2 days. Excited!
Nice! What did you say to them? Maybe I should give them a call, too.

mgritts22

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2016
I ordered the following model today:

15 inch / 450 / 1TB / 16GB / 2.6GHz

I also have one on order at B&H from November 5... we will see which ships first, then I'll cancel the other. Andre Y, very interested to hear what you said to them!

Andre Y

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2016
I ordered the following model today:

15 inch / 450 / 1TB / 16GB / 2.6GHz

I also have one on order at B&H from November 5... we will see which ships first, then I'll cancel the other. Andre Y, very interested to hear what you said to them!

I told them that I'm going abroad on mid December and need my new laptop to go with me. I also mentioned their customer service was really bad. I emailed them twice within 4 days and no response until I called them

ladydub

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2012
I purchased a nTB (base except 512 SSD) on Sunday, 11/29. I got an email from Adorama on Monday that it was dropped shipped by Apple. But no follow-up at all after that. No estimated delivery date, tracking info, nothing. Called Adorama and Apple today and couldn't get any info. from either party. Very frustrating. Don't mind waiting a few weeks, but would just appreciate knowing when the estimated delivery was.

Hope I don't regret not upgrading RAM too!

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
After something like eight weeks of deliberating back and forth in my head about what computer I wanted to pick up to replace my 2010 iMac (Trying to decide on the inexpensive MacBook Air, MacBook or MacBook Pro 2015/2016) I finally settled on the entry-level 13" MacBook Pro with the HDD bumped up to 512GB.

It was Adorama's killer deal that sealed the deal. I picked up the 13" 2.0Ghz/8GB/512GB MacBook Pro from them for $1,599.99 Wednesday night, which was already a $100 price break from what it would cost to bump up the stock MacBook Pro to a 512GB SSD ($1699 through Apple direct.)

On top of that they was also offering AppleCare bundles for $50 off retail price. Now I swear by AppleCare and I figured I would be buying it somewhere along the line anyway, so I may as well save that money now.

And then on top of that Apple Insider was offering a $100 off Promo Code for use on Adorama.

The icing on the cake is that Adorama, like B&H and Amazon, doesn't charge tax in my state.

So my final total came to $1698.00.

If I were to order the same from Apple I'd be looking at $1699 for the computer, $249 for AppleCare and $199.96 in tax, coming out to $2,147.67. Seemed like a no-brainer to pick it up from Adorama considering I'd be saving almost $450.

Now just to wait for it to come back in stock. (It's currently backordered.)

Reactions: Bryan Bowler

ModusPwnin'

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2016
So, Adorama just screwed me over.

I emailed them last night to ask for a shipping estimate, since my order was backordered. I asked, "Approximately when do you anticipate my order to be in stock and ready to ship?" Somehow, Customer Service misunderstood that sentence to mean that I wanted to cancel my order, and I woke up this morning to an email telling me that my order was cancelled. What?

Also, they somehow accidentally charged my card. WHAT.

I was extremely annoyed, but I figured I would just give them a call and everything would get straightened out. Welp, turns out life isn't that simple, kids. After trying to reinstate my order, a customer service rep told me that I needed to wait a week before they could re-order it, because they had to wait for my card to be un-charged.

Oh, and they finally answered my question: 4th week of December. But that's no use if I don't have an order placed.

So, I'm feeling very uneasy right now. My order has been cancelled, but my card has been charged. And they won't even talk to me about this until next week.

How could they mess up so badly? At this point, I don't think I want to re-order from them, even after things get straightened out.

Reactions: Tenashus1

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Fourth week of December? Yikes, hopefully it arrives on a weekday as I'm shipping mine to my workplace.

Guess I shoulda went with B&H, but they were like $200 more expensive.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
So, Adorama just screwed me over.

I emailed them last night to ask for a shipping estimate, since my order was backordered. I asked, "Approximately when do you anticipate my order to be in stock and ready to ship?" Somehow, Customer Service misunderstood that sentence to mean that I wanted to cancel my order, and I woke up this morning to an email telling me that my order was cancelled. What?

Also, they somehow accidentally charged my card. WHAT.

I was extremely annoyed, but I figured I would just give them a call and everything would get straightened out. Welp, turns out life isn't that simple, kids. After trying to reinstate my order, a customer service rep told me that I needed to wait a week before they could re-order it, because they had to wait for my card to be un-charged.

Oh, and they finally answered my question: 4th week of December. But that's no use if I don't have an order placed.

So, I'm feeling very uneasy right now. My order has been cancelled, but my card has been charged. And they won't even talk to me about this until next week.

How could they mess up so badly? At this point, I don't think I want to re-order from them, even after things get straightened out.

I can offer you some great advice: immediately email Helen Oster and politely explain what’s going on. She is a rapid-response customer ambassador for Adorama and she is simply awesome. She has been helping fellow photographers for years and as long as you’re in the right (and I’m sure you are) then she will fix things for you. Her email address is helen@adorama.com

Please treat her nice! She is amazing and even though I don’t know her from an in-person relationship, I’ve seen her help countless people, so I look after her like a brother! LOL. Seriously, get in touch with her and she’ll help you out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.