Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ARengineering

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
The Netherlands
I want to upgrade my current MBP (2018 - 16GB).

I will use the MBP for general office stuff and internet.
Adobe: Photoshop / Illustrator and just started with Premiere and After Effects.
But I'm running also VMware Fusion (still have to decide if I wil go to Parallels, but that is another topic ;-) )

Which chip would you advice (M2 pro or M2 max)
And how much memory (16GB or 32GB)
(Will go for the 16" version)

Any other things to pay attention to??

BR
AR

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I want to upgrade my current MBP (2018 - 16GB).

I will use the MBP for general office stuff and internet.
Adobe: Photoshop / Illustrator and just started with Premiere and After Effects.
But I'm running also VMware Fusion (still have to decide if I wil go to Parallels, but that is another topic ;-) )

(Will go for the 16" version)

Any other things to pay attention to??

BR
AR
Keep in mind that you cannot use your existing Intel virtual machines in Apple Silicon. Parallels offers a much more polished experience if you need to run arm64 Windows than Fusion does.

Reactions: ARengineering

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have the 14" M1 with 16GB. Parallels (I've yet to try Vmware) works ok, but I do find myself a bit constrained memory wise, so much so I would recommend 32GB. As for Pro vs. Max, depending on how much processing you do with adobe, will dictate which flavor to choose. If it were me, I'd opt for the pro, but I know my needs are more humble then most others.

Reactions: ARengineering
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.