Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kring

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Connecticut
Not sure if you were sarcastic or not, but if you are serious, that is as absurd as it gets. You think running the largest network in the world is making that profit margin. My guess s their margin is more like 3%, not 99%.

So what is the profit on text messages? 3%, $30/mo for data plan that I use 250MBs on or the minute plan I have that I don't use 1/2 of and throw away rollover minutes every month? Add a line to a shared plan really costs them how much to support monthly? $36 activation fee on existing customers is a 3% profit?

Yes I was being totally sarcastic, but you are sorely mistaken if you think it's 3%. It's realistically closer to 60% profit and I wouldn't be shocked if it is still closer to 80%. As mild proof to my point, I get 29% discount and they still make plenty of money off of me.

YungMoola94

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
LISTEN TO ME! KEEP the phone AT@T already robs your money every month. It's their fault not YOUR. It's not like they gave it for free either you had to pay over $299. I would sell it for $600 keep the extra cash for the bill. All these people who are telling to return it are just jealous they're not the ones who mistakenly received two phone. JUST SELL THE EXTRA ONE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.