Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrwonkers

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2004
Cyberia
I think the thread starter and his greek cousin orfeas are in cahoots with each other [hence orfeas' proclivity for defending the OP's obvious OCD] 6 exchanges sounds like a load of poo poo to me, I think the problems the OP is having could be better addressed by him returning the MBA altogether and spending the $ on therapy or at very least a good self-help book. I've experienced quality control issues with Apple product myself in the past but 6 exchanges is a bit mental really. If I was the store manager I'd pull him aside and tell him to never come back as he is taking away time/resources that could be better utilised helping sane clients.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I made it very simple for you to gain credibility because I know how Apple's exchange policy works. When they exchange something, they document it. You get a copy and so do they. Pretty simple. I asked you to post the six exchanges but you seem to have never posted them. Could be because they don't exist and according to Apple's Apple Care, they won't make six exchanges for the same product. Sooooo, it's your credibility on the line. Not mine. You came with an unbelievable story that you can't back up.

During the 14 day period you can buy and return as often as you want. If there are problems under warranty, then yes...Apple will repair or exchange as often as it takes to make it right. I am sure Apple reserves the right to determine that something is not worthy or exchange vs. repair.

qwerf123

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
UK
During the 14 day period you can buy and return as often as you want. If there are problems under warranty, then yes...Apple will repair or exchange as often as it takes to make it right. I am sure Apple reserves the right to determine that something is not worthy or exchange vs. repair.

Your right, They do have the right to not exchange it if they think its not faulty or think your just causing issues.

I had a similar situation with my MBA but with not so many exchanges luckily and after my last exchange, the store told me unless it was DOA on that occasion, they won't bother exchanging it again as its was cost Apple way too much and instead I would have to opt for repairs, but I luckily got a nearly perfect machine that time.

The person who mentioned the receipts is right! I have about 2 metres in receipts for a few exchanges so not sure why he can 't even upload his to prove it. But then you can surely see his side with why he should even bother proving it to you as you should presumably just take his word for it.

I'm surprised this threads hasn't been closed yet!

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
Im going to go on a limb and say "IBelieve!"

I truly believe that there may have been possible imperfections in the MBA's.

But i'm going to go on a limb and say, if we all sat down, with a list of possible issues and went over every Micrometer of our computers, we would find some form of issue.

We like to say "we should accept no faults" and "we should hold everyone to perfection if we're payign them".

But remember the saying your parents used to tell you. "Nobody is perfect"

In every single business. In every single instance in this world, there is some margin of error that is acceptable. The question is, what do we deem as "too much variance".

Something like the giant scratch he's claimed on one of them is definitely out of the acceptable range, and I would return.

But "wobbly" speakers in a 30mm thick lapptop that can't play bass without distortion? Sorry, Not buying that as a legitimate complaint.

screen bezel off by 2cm? Return. 1mm? close enough to spec.

If you're constantly looking for perfection, you are never going to be happy with what you have.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
i got my first mac, a macbook air and the first one was perfect. good screen (imo) I will not check why bother? the screen looks great to me.

Aras87

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2011
There's plenty of stuff to see. Being called out and not being able to prove it is great!

You will have to wait forever to see that. I'm not gonna waste my time by scanning my receipts just to make bunch of immatures happy. You don't believe me ? good for you, unfortunately I couldn't care less.

I would like thank everybody who tried their best to help. I decided to get my speakers replaced eventually but other than I'm very happy with the last laptop I got and that is the end of this thread for me.

orfeas0

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2010
Athens, Greece
You will have to wait forever to see that. I'm not gonna waste my time by scanning my receipts just to make bunch of immatures happy. You don't believe me ? good for you, unfortunately I couldn't care less.

I would like thank everybody who tried their best to help. I decided to get my speakers replaced eventually but other than I'm very happy with the last laptop I got and that is the end of this thread for me.

come on give them some pics, they'll be so happy ;D
plus the thread will be really closed.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011

But you've wasted more of your time replying to such posts saying the same thing over and over again about not wasting your time.

I don't care whether or not you post what they're asking, but as an outside observer, you seem to have wasted more time saying "I'm not going to waste my time" then you would have if you actually "wasted" your time and provided the evidence requested.

Last edited:

ryan.apham

macrumors member
May 6, 2011
Before joining this forum, I always thought that only we Asians are willing to spend time on reading threads like this and arguing over every single trivial thing - aka being hardcore keyboard warriors. Westerners should be more civilised and polite.

After joining in... Well... Ethnicity does not affect one's trolling ability :D.

sapporobaby

macrumors 68000

Swing and a miss. They will not let you just exchange and exchange and exchange.

holycat

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2006
Time wasted in describing your past 6 imperfect MBAs

If time is that precious for you, why bother describing the other six imperfect MBAs?

I guess the sole and main reason of all those "********" whines is to catch attentions. Congratulations that you have succeed in catching massive attentions from geeks community :D

Imagine out of 10 mac, there is probably one imperfect like what OP described (1/10). The chance one getting 7 continuously imperfect MBA (6+current MBA with sound problem) is like (0.1)*(0.1)*(0.1)*(0.1)*(0.1)*(0.1)*(0.1) = 1 in a 10 million chance. There is 20X more likely someone getting strike by thunder (1 in half million according to wikipedia).

Congratulations!

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
[/COLOR]
If time is that precious for you, why bother describing the other six imperfect MBAs?

I guess the sole and main reason of all those "********" whines is to catch attentions. Congratulations that you have succeed in catching massive attentions from geeks community :D

Imagine out of 10 mac, there is probably one imperfect like what OP described (1/10). The chance one getting 7 continuously imperfect MBA (6+current MBA with sound problem) is like (0.1)*(0.1)*(0.1)*(0.1)*(0.1)*(0.1)*(0.1) = 1 in a 10 million chance. There is 20X more likely someone getting strike by thunder (1 in half million according to wikipedia).

Congratulations!

I'd imagine the chances of being struck by thunder are way higher than that.

Poindexter333

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
NYC metropolitan area
Who needs a scan? Even a quick photo of 5 or 6 Apple return receipt tapes/pages sitting on a table top....must suck being able to have the power to settle the issue instantly with but one image, yet "not wanting to" - despite desperately wanting to be believed....hear this Barack?:D

Kyouya

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2008
Seriously, go easy on the guy. Uneven screen brightness and misaligned screen are hardly "minor" defects.

orfeas0

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2010
Athens, Greece
Seriously, go easy on the guy. Uneven screen brightness and misaligned screen are hardly "minor" defects.

I love people who read the first page of the topic and imediately answer :D
The thread has moved on my friend, now it's about the OP being a liar (or at least being called a liar).

rchip

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
Hi, I believe the OP. I've had 4 mba's, I've had this one for over a month now and I'm obviously keeping it. This mba has the same speaker issue as did 2 of the other 3 I had. So that's 3 out of 4 mba's with a buzzing speaker. I don't know if it's certain batches or what. I've just forgotten about it now, I spoke to a genius and he said he's been having the same problems with his 13 inch, so he did some testing and said most of the 13 inches had the problem but none of the 11 inches did. So the problem seems to effect the 13 inch only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.