Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi Mac friends. When I updated to Late 2015 5K iMac to macOS Monterey 12.0.1 and the iPhone 6s Plus to iOS 15.1, when I AirDrop a photo from the iPhone, the iPhone would just get stuck at "Waiting", although both Apple products can see each other. What could be the fix for this?

The bluetooth and wifi on the iPhone are both ON, the iMac is using Wifi 5Ghz channel.

Thank you.
God bless, Rev. 21:4

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
try turning bluetooth off then back on, and/or reboot your devices, and try again
Hi. I did those, still the same, stuck at "Waiting". I'll just wait for the next update that hopefully patches this bug (I've reported it already using Feedback app). I'll transfer things for now using the Photo app.

Thanks again.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Hi. I did those, still the same, stuck at "Waiting". I'll just wait for the next update that hopefully patches this bug (I've reported it already using Feedback app). I'll transfer things for now using the Photo app.

Thanks again.
I ran into that issue a few days ago, granted my iMac is on Big Sur, but I rebooted Bothe the phone (15.1) and the iMac and it did the trick

Reactions: Alvin777

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
For me, resetting Bluetooth and WiFi usually works. I made a simple script to do this in a friendly way

Great script, may I ask why is blueutil neccesary?
Something like networksetup -setnetworkserviceenabled 'Bluetooth' off/on, along with sudo launchctl kickstart -k system/com.apple.bluetoothd, doesn’t fix the problem?

jpdemersPatries

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2009

luckman212

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2009
Tried pasting that into Script Editor, but when I run it I get "Expected expression but found unknown token," with the exclamation point in line 3 highlighted.
It's not an AppleScript... it's a shell script. Save it as plaintext (I recommend Sublime Text for this, or VSCode). Click the "raw" button on that github page to get the plain text version.

A good place to put it is /usr/local/bin/airdropfix.sh

Open a Terminal and type

chmod +x /usr/local/bin/airdropfix.sh

Now you should be able to type "airdropfix.sh" in any Terminal and the script will run...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.