AirPlay 2 on Smart TVs: Other Brands Coming, Lock Screen Controls, Siri, and More

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 6, 2019.

1. pauloregan macrumors newbie

pauloregan

I have an Apple TV plugged directly into a LG sound bar. Does it airplay 2 in sync with a homepod? Not a chance.

All this will do is piss more people off.

2. StoneJack macrumors 65816

StoneJack

maybe an overhaul of existing model.

3. SamsonsToupee macrumors newbie

With this announcement I plan on getting Sony XBR-75X950G. I currently run all my home audio/video through a Yamaha RX-A2080. My receiver supports airplay and can easily stream music to it but not video. I have a decent amount of movies through iTunes and would like better access to them on my home entertainment system. 4K, Dolby Atmos, Dolby vision support etc...

My question is: Will I be able to stream a movie/video from my iPhone X to the 950G AND audio (from the movie) to the receiver at the same time? (synced of course).

4. BubaCasey macrumors newbie

BubaCasey

Maybe this will lead to TV audio playing nice with HomePod speakers as a surround sound system.

5. flipshot macrumors 6502a

Hopefully this means that Sky will add Airplay 2 video support to Sky Q rather than just the audio support it has at the moment.

6. trip1ex macrumors 68000

yep i do that too. be nice if it accepted tv sound output tho so everything that you watch on the tv can sound through the Homepod.