Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

It's December 15 in Australia and New Zealand, which is AirPods Max launch day. The first AirPods Max orders have begun arriving to customers in the two countries, as Apple fans in Australia and New Zealand are always the first to get their hands on new devices.

airpods-max-in-blue.jpg

Those in New Zealand and Australia who were able to place an order for launch day delivery before the AirPods Max sold out are receiving their orders, and have been sharing photos on Twitter and other social networks.

There are no Apple Stores in New Zealand, but Apple Stores in Australia have appear to have a limited amount of AirPods Max stock available for in-store pickup. Based on a spot check, most locations in Australia appear to have the less popular silver and space gray models available in store.

It's possible that stores also had the other colors and have now sold out, but as with orders placed for shipping, the pink, blue, and green colors appear to be highly limited if they're available at all.

Store availability in Australia means that Apple will also have stock available in retail locations in the United States on December 15 for those who were not able to place a preorder that arrives in a reasonable amount of time. Orders placed today for all colors of the AirPods Max will not ship for 12 to 14 weeks, which means the AirPods Max are backordered until March.

airpods-max-australia-in-store.jpg

Following New Zealand and Australia, AirPods Max sales will begin in the Middle East, Europe, and then North America. ‌‌

Article Link: AirPods Max Begin Arriving to Customers in New Zealand and Australia

Last edited:

ackmondual

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Oh.. in New Zealand and Australia is the difference! I was getting deja vu, both on the article otherwise (not to mention the image)

SuperCachetes

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
Based on a spot check, most locations in Australia appear to have the less popular silver and space gray models available in store.

It's possible that stores also had the other colors and have now sold out, but as with orders placed for shipping, the pink, blue, and green colors appear to be highly limited if they're available at all.

I would be surprised if the red/green/blue pastel colors were really the "most popular." Are we basing the assumption that the silver and space gray models were "less popular" simply because there is a shorter shipping time? Isn't it also possible Apple just made a tiny amount of the macarons and those sold out more quickly?

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
The more pictures I see, the more I’m extremely happy with the space gray pair I ordered. Definitely the best looking pair.

Can’t wait to rock mine and not have to worry about being mugged in broad daylight (since that seems to be a common concern of people on this forum). Where do y’all live??? 😂

Davidglenn

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
For m the most disappointing aspect is the case. Noise cancelling is excellent on planes and what I use my Bose for. This case doesn't look as it offers enough protection to the headphones and the headband. It si not only protection from damage but also to keep them clean.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

s1m

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2008
I am not a fan of over the ear headphones already but at the price in Australia I couldnt even imagine buying these. A$900 - that's the rest for a three bedroom house for about a week and a half in my Sydney suburb - not a cheap suburb either.

apparatchik

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
I am not a fan of over the ear headphones already but at the price in Australia I couldnt even imagine buying these. A$900 - that's the rest for a three bedroom house for about a week and a half in my Sydney suburb - not a cheap suburb either.

Haha good comparison, here in Mexico they go for 14K MXN (about 700 usd), about 1 month rent for a small apartment in one of the nicest neighborhoods of Mexico City, or, about a years worth of Corona beer for a party soul (one 325 ml Corona = $0.70c, so, 1 thousand beers, about 20 beers/week every week for a year).

macaroni skinner

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2019
Consistently hearing about the comfort and transparent mode giving a leg up over the Bose/Sony.

As someone who wears the Bose qc35 all day for meetings, I can’t wait to start using the AirPods max.

Last edited:

iGüey

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2020
Mexico City

Haha good comparison, here in Mexico they go for 14K MXN (about 700 usd), about 1 month rent for a small apartment in one of the nicest neighborhoods of Mexico City, or, about a years worth of Corona beer for a party soul (one 325 ml Corona = $0.70c, so, 1 thousand beers, about 20 beers/week every week for a year).

Totally agree! That cans are ridiculous expensive in Mexico, along the sad disadvantage that Mexican average income is very far and not even close to that of the Australians.

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
Can't believe people actually write bots to snatch up in store stock here. Do these scalpers really think that there is a market? I wish these suckers sleep with all their stocks tonight.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Are you trying to say they’re expensive? I have heard that. Or are you trying to say they’re too expensive?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Waiting for the first pictures and first impressions from our friends down there! 😃

first impressions thread!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.