Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tycoljr

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
San Diego, CA
So I got mine, and tried using the 'ole lighting to 3.5mm dongle and it simply does not work. Then shortly after my right side stopped working until I put it back in the bra case....strange. I thought I shorted them out, surely this isn't possible...
Unfortunately you need the special Apple lightning to 3.5 adapter, that’s the only one I’ve been able to make work. Otherwise, these things are Solid! Sound amazing, super comfortable, and I love the space grey. Got mine this morning FedEx, in SoCal. Still hurts my wallet, but the few hours I just spent immersed in music makes it worth it. Also way faster at switching devices than the AirPod Pros, its immediate.

Reactions: kazmac and iGeneo

breakingsalas1

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2017
Verizon has green, blue, and green available to ship 12/18. Had to pick up a blue. Need to see it in person before I decide between SG and blue.

Ovo647

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2020
Verizon has green, blue, and green available to ship 12/18. Had to pick up a blue. Need to see it in person before I decide between SG and blue.
I ordered from Verizon on the 10th and still waiting for it to ship haven't got tracking number yet did yours ship yet?

Ovo647

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2020
I ordered from Verizon on the 10th and still waiting for it to ship haven't got tracking number yet I got the silver did yours ship yet?

breakingsalas1

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2017
I ordered from Verizon on the 10th and still waiting for it to ship haven't got tracking number yet did yours ship yet?
No shipping yet but it did say it’ll ship by the 18th so they have some days left before I start getting super panicky. The main thing that worries me is the order number they provide when you buy from them apparently is useless. I can’t track anything myself with it and on the chat they had no idea what to do with it. They give you an “internet order number“ as opposed to a regular order number ?‍♂️

thomasec

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
Man, it is impossible to get a good idea of what the blue ones look like. I went to the Union Square Apple Store (in SF), and they said they weren't able to demo/show any of them due to covid restrictions. I guess the only option is to order one and see what they look like in person. I mean, how are these even the same color?

4ccc823e1e20a01cf630cd2a6254f81a.jpg

ogp.jpg

airpods-max-headphones-cups.jpg

Ovo647

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2020
No shipping yet but it did say it’ll ship by the 18th so they have some days left before I start getting super panicky. The main thing that worries me is the order number they provide when you buy from them apparently is useless. I can’t track anything myself with it and on the chat they had no idea what to do with it. They give you an “internet order number“ as opposed to a regular order number ?‍♂️can track it there is a Verizon order status page I can see that its in processing
You can track it on Verizon order page with the internet order number and location number mine says processing still and the ship date is the same 12/18 if it doesn’t change by then I will call them since I already got charged for it so it should ship soon

Mullcat6969

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2020
All week my Best Buy order has said it was going to ship by today. After not receiving any tracking info today I decided to call Customer Service. The rep told me they “accidentally” sold more than they were getting from apple, and as far as he could tell I am on backorder. The rep was honestly confused, because he could see it was supposed to ship today at the latest. I think this is SUPER CRUMMY and I’m super disappointed in Best Buy. I WILL NOT PREORDER ANYTHING FROM BB AGAIN - EVER.

Reactions: GRIFROMLA

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I just learned that Apple store near me is re-opening this Thursday, Dec 17th. Decided to check stock availability and sure enough it showed available for pick up on the 17th. Grrr. I know earlier I said it looks ugly, that still stands but ordered one for in-store pick up and we'll see how good this will be. Personally for me, most reviews won't do much justice, I need to experience it myself to see if I like it o not. I'll be picking up the silver model.

Mullcat6969

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2020
All week my Best Buy order has said it was going to ship by today. After not receiving any tracking info today I decided to call Customer Service. The rep told me they “accidentally” sold more than they were getting from apple, and as far as he could tell I am on backorder. The rep was honestly confused, because he could see it was supposed to ship today at the latest. I think this is SUPER CRUMMY and I’m super disappointed in Best Buy. I WILL NOT PREORDER ANYTHING FROM BB AGAIN - EVER.
Sorry for double message: but feel it’s important to note that in addition to this, they could not provide any sort of time table for when it will ship. Simply that it is ok backorder. Lame!

ckiggins

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
St. Louis, MO
What does your current status say?

geminicon

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2019
Mine doesn’t even say when it’s shipping now and I can’t cancel... so if mine ended up in this situation I’ll be a bit sad but whatever I guess

Attachments

• 1E8EAEC8-1FA6-4099-B1C2-5451618832D2.jpeg
    1E8EAEC8-1FA6-4099-B1C2-5451618832D2.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 52

bbs008

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2020
Just had the best buy status change to:

This item has been delayed. We’re working on shipping it to you within the next few days.

E-mail says:

Delayed orders are typically fulfilled within a few days. As soon as your item becomes available we'll send an e-mail letting you know it's on the way. However, due to increased shipping volume, delivery of your order may be affected.

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018

trevoclark

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2015
lolol Apple shipping my blue ones UPS Next Day Air Saver. UPS said arriving today (15th); nope Apple didn't hand them over. Apple's shipping confirmation email says tomorrow (16th); seems unlikely as they still haven't given them to UPS. Order status says 15th to 17th. My weirdest shipping experience with Apple was earlier this year with my case for the new phone. Shipped FedEx, still have three canceled shipments on my account from Apple for it.

I had no intention of buying these, but I didn't get a pair of Nike I wanted in the SNKRS app, so I said f**k it headphones

Mullcat6969

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2020
Just had the best buy status change to:

This item has been delayed. We’re working on shipping it to you within the next few days.

E-mail says:

Delayed orders are typically fulfilled within a few days. As soon as your item becomes available we'll send an e-mail letting you know it's on the way. However, due to increased shipping volume, delivery of your order may be affected.
Ya but this isn’t the “typical” order. Apple doesn’t even have a solid supply of these. It’s not like Best Buy can acquire them immediately, like they typically could for most other products

bbs008

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2020
Ya but this isn’t the “typical” order. Apple doesn’t even have a solid supply of these. It’s not like Best Buy can acquire them immediately, like they typically could for most other products

My cancel button greyed out this morning which usually means the item is about to ship soon (and its still greyed out). I'm sure this is a automated delayed message because the ETA ship date was today. I think they'll be shipped in the next few days. I can't complain cause i had $100 off due to Best Buy gift cards.

mobutt

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
I ordered a space gray and silver and both arrived today. An extra silver may have arrived by mistake too
???
Free pair of $550 headphones will not get any complaints from me ?

breakingsalas1

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2017
You can track it on Verizon order page with the internet order number and location number mine says processing still and the ship date is the same 12/18 if it doesn’t change by then I will call them since I already got charged for it so it should ship soon
I get a 404 error when i try to track them off the link on the email and a “We do not have a record of order number” error when I try to track them manually off their Check Order Status page: https://www.verizon.com/od/cust/orderStatusIndex#/

am I looking in the right spot??

Ovo647

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2020
I get a 404 error when i try to track them off the link on the email and a “We do not have a record of order number” error when I try to track them manually off their Check Order Status page: https://www.verizon.com/od/cust/orderStatusIndex#/

am I looking in the right spot??
That’s weird that is the right link that’s how I track it I put the internet order number in and the location from the email with my name and zip and it works fine idk why yours isn’t working you also ordered it on the 10th?

might want to call them if it doesn’t update by this week

breakingsalas1

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2017
That’s weird that is the right link that’s how I track it I put the internet order number in and the location from the email with my name and zip and it works fine idk why yours isn’t working you also ordered it on the 10th?

might want to call them if it doesn’t update by this week
Are you a Verizon member by any chance? Also, if you don’t mind saying, what was your payment method? I bought two different colors, one on the 10th with PayPal, and one today with Apple Pay and I wonder if not paying with a card is what is not letting it go through.

geminicon

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2019
Best Buy now updated back to

We'll let you know when it ships. With the cancel button still blocked out ?

edit: received the back order email!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mullcat6969

ukms

macrumors demi-god
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
For anyone in the UK with a long wait on an order ...... plenty in stock at various stores to reserve and collect today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.