Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AgentElliot007

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2010
I can't imagine them shipping these after Christmas. If it's truly that bad, someone royally dropped the ball here. Very disappointing.

Reactions: fxmx42

kevinkyoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2016
If they can add in fast-foward, rewind, and volume control, I'd be a little more excited. But having these omitted? Won't bother.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

blacktape242

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2010
Sacramento, CA
lame.....but probably means they were not ready in the 1st place. They wanted to rush them out so the people would see them before Samsung came out with a version of theirs.

Kaylor

Contributor
Oct 18, 2011
Long Island, NY/Houston, TX
I was never interested, but that's unfortunate for anyone who was planning on getting them. Potentially missing the holiday rush? Ouch. I'm sure there were plenty of people making an excuse to splurge for the holidays who won't be buy them after the season because they bought something else that'll get the job done.

clunkmess

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
California
IMG_3185.JPG

iKnackwurst

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2012
Germany
Launch should be in quotes. If Apples product launches in the last year are anything to go buy, they'll be supply constrained until the end of time. The series 2 is still backordered by 3-4 weeks, same goes for the 7 Plus.

acegreen

Cancelled
Jun 25, 2015
Because of AirPods orders, Inventec's revenue is expected to grow 7 percent in 2017, to reach around $23.83 billion, while its earnings per share are also estimated to increase by 35 percent. Its Q4 2016 earnings will be mainly in its PC supplier business, which will "stay flat" from the third quarter output of around 4.85 million units shipped.

Great numbers for Inventec. Are these numbers in USD? Numbers don't add up compared to their last financial statements

http://www.inventec.com/english/service/pdf/105Q2E.pdf

Last edited:

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I can't bethat just six weeks ago. Apple were announcing the release date would be the end of October. Surely they would have known then if there were going to be product issues

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I wasn't interested in them, but this seems to be a growing trend for Apple.

I know of a few products that have had some delays in the past few years.

The late 2012 iMac, 2013 Mac Pro, wireless CarPlay, just name a few. Now this.

peterdevries

macrumors 68040
Feb 22, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
No replaceable battery? I imagine an entire landfill full of that trash within a year. Where are the environmentalists advocating responsible product design made to last? (All things considered, li-ion doesn't have a great lifespan to begin with but it "butthurts too much profit to be responsible to recycle" don't expect it to happen.)

How do replaceable batteries promote lasting products? The reality is that most people that use AA or AAA batteries buy the cheapo kind and discard them in the normal trash.

I haven´t seen wireless headphones with proprietary battery designs. Have you?
[doublepost=1478018771][/doublepost]
lame.....but probably means they were not ready in the 1st place. They wanted to rush them out so the people would see them before Samsung came out with a version of theirs.

Baseless speculation

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This would have never happened if the ESC key were still alive.

The ESC key is still alive.... the Touch Bar has a dedicated "System Button" area on the left for this key, when context calls for it. This was my biggest concern as well, but Apple did the right thing and honoured this very useful button. I hope it is displayed for all modal dialogs!

Back on topic re: AirPods... I wonder what has happened? Apple has the design done.... so is this strictly a manufacturing issue?

stevet

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Guess we all just have to wait a little longer, but should be worth the wait!

Also, must resist to buy Bragi or others in the meantime.. :confused:

The issue with other bluetooth headphones is that they don't seamlessly change form one device to another. These are supposed to cover that use case where you have multiple devices you'd like to use them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.