AirPods Pro Available for In-Store Pickup

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While Apple has started making the first AirPods Pro deliveries to customers in some countries, those hoping to make a purchase in person can head to Apple's AirPods Pro product page and make a purchase for in-store pickup. Pickup is currently available in many countries where Apple has retail stores.

In the U.S., where most stores have yet to open, all stores we've checked are listed as having AirPods Pro available today, but if you want to guarantee to be able to walk in and pick some up, it's probably best to place an online order and select pickup at your local retail store. Store staff will then set aside a pair for you and you won't have to worry about supplies running out.

At one retail store we checked out this morning, there was a line of about four customers waiting roughly an hour before opening.

AirPods Pro became available for order on Monday with availability set for today. Many customers placing online orders were initially quoted delivery dates of Thursday, but quite a few of those have seen their orders move a bit more quickly and they will be arriving today.

Article Link: AirPods Pro Available for In-Store Pickup

jbachandouris

macrumors 601
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Kinda want to buy them at Best Buy for my reward points, but they only have them for shipping at the moment. Not sure I have time to go to an Apple Store today...

Duncan-UK

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2006
Just picked mine up after they were delivered to a shop for me. First impressions are very favourable indeed from a sound quality perspective. I tried the normal AirPods and disliked them greatly but these seem to be perfect.

siger10k

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2019
Probably this gen I would guess it’s white only. Hopefully next gen Apple will take the hint that people want something different besides white
Sounds like I don't have a choice then. My 1st gen are over two years old and after 40 minutes on a podcast and medium volume the battery is at 35%.

Reactions: dominiongamma

jacks64

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2017
Brighton,UK
People shouldn’t have to dream on since a lot of people wanted them in different colors besides white. iPhone and MacBooks have different colors, no excuses for Apple.
White has always been the standard for Apple's earbuds, dating right back to the original iPod in 2001.They are not gonna change now.I am okay with white.

Nozuka

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2012
People shouldn’t have to dream on since a lot of people wanted them in different colors besides white. iPhone and MacBooks have different colors, no excuses for Apple.
it's all about marketing. the design of the Apple headphones always looked very similiar and thanks to that you will instantly recognize them anywhere you go. black would be less obvious.

Glideslope

macrumors 603
Dec 7, 2007
A quiet place in NY.
Unfortunately it's the ease in which these are misplaced that keep them white IMO. Can you have them make a sound to locate them? If so, other colors should be offered. Otherwise I get the white only. A lot harder to misplace your MBP. :apple: