AirPods With Wireless Charging Case Delivery Date Slips to April

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 20, 2019.

1. MsRandall macrumors 65816

MsRandall

My son was happy to take my first gen AirPods last night with him when he left my home - Days before my second gen will be delivered

2. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

I’ve ordered both. With wireless case and without. I will decide which one I want to keep as it doesn’t ship until next week.

3. Donnation macrumors demi-god

Donnation

Meh. Not much to be excited about here in my opinion. Hey Siri is worthless and I couldn't care less about wireless charging. Give me better sound, an updated design and a different color to choose from. I own the originals and love them but won't be upgrading to these.

4. raghu8912 macrumors 6502

What more features are you waiting for ?
    I think 3 hours talk time is good improvement, waiting to confirm how these new AirPods cancel outside noise when I am on call, sometimes when I am on bike people listening to me hear lot of noise due to wind.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 22, 2019 ---
    Probably because 1st Gen AirPods were on backorder for a long time, and it might have taken a while to redesign H1 Chip and manufacture it.
    for me 3 hours talk time is worth the upgrade, if people are on conference calls a lot then it is useful.

5. AgentAnonymous, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019

AgentAnonymous macrumors regular

AgentAnonymous

I feel bad for anyone who bought the first gen ones. Siri support without having to tap like a goof is a big deal, and they're significantly faster at switching devices and last much longer per charge thanks to the new chip.
    These are the second gen AirPods. They include a brand new chip, 50% longer talk time, support hands free hey siri, and support wireless charging. A lot of your issues are probably related to beta testing the first gen ones.
    This update includes more features than the original launch did.
    I know someone who hates his first gens, because switching between device is so slow, and sometimes he needs to restart his devices. The H1 chip will solve those problems, and honestly they just felt like an incomplete product without Hey Siri support. It's usually not a good idea to buy first gen Apple products, and this is a good example of why.
    Water support and color? No one jumps into the ocean with AirPods in. Those are useless gimmicks that would've made an incremental upgrade.

The new second gen Airpods have a brand new H1 chip that's about twice as fast when switching between devices and calls, voice-enabled Siri access with 30% lower latency, significantly improved battery life, wireless charging, etc. I do thank you for beta testing the product for us though.

6. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

Ta0jin

I never use Siri so that’s not a big deal for me. I wonder in real world use how much faster at switching and longer the battery lasts.

7. Relentless Power, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Jumps into an ocean? That’s overly exaggerative. What about being caught in the rain? Or moisture from sweating in the gym? _Those_ are more practical reasons why the water resistance would be equally important. And if you’ve been reading any comments about the AirPods, it’s been heavily requested a secondary color would’ve been a nice option.

8. GlenK, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019

GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Has anyone seen when/if they are coming out with the black ones that were rumored to be coming out with this release? Also read they were made of a different material that would stay in place better. Any truth to that one?

9. Abazigal macrumors G4

Abazigal

I have gotten a good 2 years and 4 months out of my Airpods. For a product I have been using daily without fail, I say I have more than recouped my initial investment from it.

10. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

How is the battery life on yours now?

I’ve had mine for 2 years and 2 months and I’m getting about 2 hours in a charge. I’ve ordered a new pair.

11. Abazigal macrumors G4

Abazigal

I am getting about 1.5 to under 2 hours of music playback (I know it just about lasts through a typical Chill Mix playlist with under 10% battery life to spare). And I find I now have to recharge the case about every 3 days.

Are you getting with the wireless charging case or without?

12. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

I’ve ordered both because I can’t decide which one I want. It doesn’t ship until next week so I probably have about a day left to decide and cancel one of them.

I think if I knew AirPower was coming out soon I would just stick with the wireless case but if there’s no AirPower I don’t think I’d use the wireless charging.

The 2 hours is fine for use around the house and doing shopping. The problem is that my commute to work is 2 hours so I need them to be able to last longer.

13. Abazigal macrumors G4

Abazigal

Isn't that 4 hours back and forth from work every day?

I walk to work (~15 minutes) and I can't imagine spending that much of my life commuting, even if I suppose you can use that time for catching up with your podcasts or other odds and ends.

14. justabrake macrumors regular

justabrake

My airpods were suppose to be delivered between april 2-5 but there coming tomorrow UPS 2nd day shipping from PA. even says time to expect them LOL

15. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Mine are for the 1-3. Hopefully I get bumped up too.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 26, 2019 ---
    Mine have just moved to preparing to ship and I’ve been charged. Hopefully they come sooner but not tomorrow as I’m working all day.

16. justabrake macrumors regular

justabrake

In my case ordering the wireless case was stupid I don't think i'd ever use that just as good to plug it in
    They ship with 2nd day UPS and they give a 3hr delivery time on top of that but you can always hit up UPS for a different day I think, mine is between 3:45 and 7:45 pm

17. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Ugh so they are going to be delivered tomorrow but I’m not going to be home. I don’t know who the courier is yet as I will need to reschedule the delivery for Thursday.

18. justabrake macrumors regular

justabrake

I have a question on these airpods and that is if your in a noisy place do you hear everything around you ? I use my solo3 and it blocks out everything just wondering how to compare them to a noisy place with music playing

19. AgentAnonymous macrumors regular

AgentAnonymous

The inside of your ears aren't going to be sweating unless you're about to die, and in that case you have bigger problems. Things like that and color are incremental "nice to have" upgrades. The new H1 chip, faster switching, lower latency, more powerful battery, hey siri support are major upgrades, and that's what we got.

20. justabrake macrumors regular

justabrake

Got mine tonight a lot of weight to them not bad I believe they are a little louder then my beats solo3 they seem to hold into the ear pretty well wish they would have made it easier to get out of the case easier I have big fingers and it's not so easy