Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raicemon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2016
Good day,

I had been facing Wi-Fi connectivity problems on my MBP once in a while and one fine day my Wi-Fi stopped working completely but bluetooth was working fine. I am from India and nearby my place there are no proper macbook service centres. So I did almost anything I can do to get it fixed by reading different articles and topics from internet and applying those ideas on my system. Nothing worked. At last I decided to open the mac and do it myself. I have some experience of swapping HDD to SSD, upgrading RAM and removing CD-ROM when a disc was stuck inside. By following ifixit.com I started opening my mac one more time. Even though I did not have a spare 'airport card' handy, my idea was to remove the card and reconnect it as it may start working again. I opened up the mac and removed the card but while plugging in the cable back, unfortunately I broke one of the teeth on that cable. The other end of that cable goes right inside the LCD screen and to replace it, I need to remove the glass itself (I guess.. or should I remove the LCD too). I was terrified and decided to box it back as it is. Once boxed back, my bluetooth also stopped working. Later I bought a d-link network adapter and started using it as an alternative. Its been few months now and my old mac gave me few more problems like bad speakers, bad fan & bad battery. I want to replace them altogether now.

Would you please give me few suggestions on replacing the damaged airport card and cable ?. Also it would be helpful if somebody could please help me out to buy the right product for my MBP. I plan to buy it from ebay.com or amazon.com and get it shipped to india. Any suggestions and opinions are highly appreciated.

Thank you

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 13" Mid 2010. Model no. A1278

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.