Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPSaltzman

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2011
This reminds me of the iPod accessories ... those socks! those rubber-bumper case holders! the prices!

Milk that cow for all its worth. It's the Apple Way®.

Reactions: T Coma

pakman432

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2018

Apple's AirTags do not come with a hole or any kind of attachment method, and short of drilling your own, you're going to need some kind of keyring, adhesive mount, or holder to attach the AirTag to various items.

belkin-airtag-holder-2.jpg

In this guide, we've rounded up a list of useful third-party AirTags accessories that you might want to check out.

Apple

Apple makes its own series of AirTag cases, which are available in either silicone or leather and are priced at $29 to $39, plus there are several high-end Hermès AirTag holders priced starting at $299.

Apple_airtag-accessories-042021_big_carousel.jpg.large_.jpg

Belkin Secure Holder

Available as a Key Ring or a Strap, the $12.95 Belkin Secure Holder is designed to keep an AirTag in place and attached to an item of your choice. It features a twist-and-lock closure with raised edges to keep the AirTag from getting scratched, and it comes in white, pink, black, and blue.

belkin-airtag-holder.jpg

Belkin's Secure Holders can be purchased from Belkin directly or from Apple.

Moment AirTag Mounts

Moment has a range of AirTag Mounts available that house an AirTag and are able to stick on various items. Moment says that you can stick an AirTag mount in bags, on clothes, or on the bottom of different devices, and with the adhesive stick method, AirTags can be hidden from thieves.

moment-airtag-holder.jpg

There's a Fabric Mount, a Hard Shell Mount, and a Curved Surface Mount with prices ranging from $14.99 to $19.99.

Nomad Leather Keychain and Glasses Strap

Nomad debuted its Leather Keychain well ahead of the launch of the AirTags, but it's now officially available for pre-order. Priced at $30, it comes in either black or brown and houses a single AirTag. It can be attached to bags or other items, plus Nomad is also offering a $30 Glasses Strap with built-in AirTag holder for keeping track of your sunglasses.

nomad-airtag-holder.jpg

Spigen AirTag Cases

Spigen has a couple of AirTag case options available, including the Valentinus and the Rugged Armor, both of which are available for $19. The Valentinus is a traditional keyring-style case that houses the AirTag, while the Rugged Armor has a carabiner and a more durable design.

spigen-airtag-holder.jpg

dbrand Grip Cases

dbrand has a series of Grip Cases available for AirTags in a variety of colors. Each grip fits over the AirTag and adds a skin and an attachment point to place it on bags and other items. The Grip Cases are priced at $19.95 each.

dbrand-airtags-case.jpg

ElevationLab TagVault

The ElevationLab TagVault is a heavy duty AirTags case that offers total protection and waterproofing for an AirTag. It comes apart in two pieces, allowing an AirTag to be fit in the middle before screwing back together. The TagVault features a minimal design and is designed for situations where the AirTag might experience damage and wear such as on a keyring. TagVault is priced at $12.95 for one and $29.95 for three.

tagvault.jpg

Cyrill Vegan Leather Key Ring for AirTags

Spigen's sister brand Cyrill has an AirTag key ring case made from a vegan leather, which is available in black or stone starting at $17. The AirTag snaps into place and then the key ring portion attaches to your keys, a backpack, or other items.

cyrill-airtags-holder.jpg

Silicone AirTags Case with Adhesive

You're going to find endless affordable AirTag housing options on Amazon from vendors in China and other countries, but there are a few unique options worth noting. The Silicone Case is a soft silicone casing that you slide your AirTag into, and then the back has an adhesive so you can attach it to various items like your phone. Something like this might be a good option if you want to attach an AirTag to the Apple TV remote or another item that stays primarily in the house. It's priced at $3, and the vendor says the adhesive is reusable.

airtag-silicone-case.jpg

AirTag Skins

If you want to add some flair to your AirTags or prevent them from getting scratched, you can find a series of custom skin options on Etsy. Skins are priced at right around $5 each.

airtag-skins.jpg

Guide Feedback

Have other suggestions of great AirTags cases that we should add to the guide? Let us know in the comments.

Article Link: AirTag Accessories: Keyrings and Holders for Apple's AirTags
The Belkin needs to have a plastic casing to protect the front and back from being scratched. I made the mistake of buying it and now my Airtag is scratched to he** ?

warpdrive

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2013
A lot of these are still too bulky. I'd want the most minimalistic one that attaches to my perfectly good existing split key ring that I'm using now (I have a easy release key ring). The belkin one is closer but I think could be made even more compact. Something like this should cost $5-$10 for the basic function of attaching to your keys.

Personally I don't get excited by how my keychain looks like. I want the lightest possible keychain I can get away with.

nastysailboat

Cancelled
May 7, 2021

I got some of these clear decals for mine and put them in a few apple cases. works pretty good if you don't want them to get scratched

Reactions: Phil1975

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
I got the apple leather airtags keyring, but the ring was so big, i ended up removing it and adding a customer D ring make it more minimal.

Reactions: TotalMacMove

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Here are my DIY ones from paper inside and several layers of sellotape outside - a temp solution until the real ones arrive - ordered some Chinese ones for 0,99US$/piece:

EDIT: this "solution" doesn't seem to reduce the range of the tags. The paper layer inside protects the tags from getting "sticky" after removing the outside sellotape.

Attachments

• keyring.jpg
    keyring.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

levander

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
The article says the “Silicone AirTags Case with Adhesive” are available for $3 each.

You click on the link they have for them and it takes you to Amazon where they’re selling them for $15 for a 2 pack.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I ordered me some dodgy 3rd party ones from AliExpress, what the quaility will be like when they get here is another question. They were quite cheap though.
Four leather ones arrived yesterday and they're really nice.

I really like Apple's leather and silicon accessories, but I'm just not paying their prices for these things given what they are and how they'll be used.

• Love
Reactions: robotica

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
I like the look of the ElevationLab one. Except I'm worried about how muffled the sound will be. AirTag isn't super loud to begin with.

I think a perfect keychain would fully cover the shiny side (to prevent scratches and stop the battery case from being opened), but keep the plastic side exposed (to show off any custom engravings, and ensure stronger sound and signal).

ForkHandles

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2012
An airtag/tile is a device you attach to something you lose infrequently. Only when you lose the trackers are they of any use at all. You’re all awfully excited about the appearance of an item that is literally useless if you can still see it.

Reactions: T Coma
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.