Alerts advice please on iOS10

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Peter Franks, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Anyone know how to set alerts that are not just daily, weekly or monthly which are offered in app?
    I have monthly to pay certain bills etc., that usually work OK, from the 'Reminders' built in app, but I need to do an alert for Monday/Wednesday/Friday/ but every week rather than set them every week individually. Is there a way of doing that so it can alert me 3 times a week, indefinitely, or is that only on a 3rd party app?
    Anyone know if it can be done using the usual calendar or reminder app?
    Thanks

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can try using Siri to specify a custom repeat pattern when you are creating a reminder or an event.

3. Peter Franks, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017

Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh right, so just say exactly that and see what occurs? Thanks, I'll try that
    --- Post Merged, Jan 13, 2017 ---
    OK It's only showing the one. I asked for repeated reminders every Mon/Wed/Fri, but only shows one reminder for Monday, and in the reminder it says repeat 'never', so I don't think it can cope with that one

4. cgriffis753 macrumors member

cgriffis753

under repeat select custom. then select weekly, every 1 week, and select Monday Wednesday and Friday. It will only show one reminder at a time. Once you mark the reminder as complete, the next one appears

5. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

You're a star, thank you!

Interestingly, some of my 'monthly' ones now say 'custom' too in the list, and the older ones say 'monthly', Is the custom a new addition with last iOS?