Alice In Wonderland Movie

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mexbearpig, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

So I am siting here waiting to go off to the movies to see Alice In wonderland with a bunch of other guys :)o). And I was wondering if I need to know anything before I see it? Anything would be helpful. And is anyone else going to see it?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, make sure there's a seat between each of you unless you're all out. :eek:

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I hate it when I see that. How stupid. It's like guys who won't sit across the lunch table from each other. :rolleyes::mad:

That said, it's Tim Burton. I'm sure it'll look good, but the story will probably suck. I wish someone bar him from making writing decisions.

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Have you read the book lately? Bit of a cliche answer but reading it before/after may add to the experience :).

6. TheVidEditor macrumors regular

TheVidEditor

According to Videomaker Magazine, for filming the Red Queen’s (Helena Bonham Carter) ridiculously large head, the crew used a Dalsa 4k hi-def camera. The camera’s 4,000 lines of resolution allowed Carter’s head to be enlarged in post production without losing image quality. Also, hours of green screen exposure caused the cast and crew to experience green screen induced sickness and fatigue. It became such an issue that Tim Burton had a special pair of lavender tinted glasses crafted to combat the sickening effect of the green screen.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I may be up for reading the books

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

This version is nothing like the book. It's supposed to be something about Alice going back to Wonderland 10 years later. Or something...

I don't know. I really want to like the movie, but I'm afraid it will be terrible.

9. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

My daughter (18 years old) wants us to go see it together. I'll drink. She'll drive. I will enjoy it. :p

10. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Just to add to the manliness nature of the movie, my daughter is going to see it with her friends next week as part of her 11th birthday party. I'll be sitting in too.

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You could be going to a tractor pull or a dawg show and enjoy it if you are drinking

12. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I've done both, and yes, you are correct. ;)

Edit: My son is 8 and insists on changing the channel every time the commercial comes on. He won't be partying with us.

13. Queso macrumors G4

We're doing it at the IMAX in two weeks time, as we did with Avatar. Much better to hold out for the decent seats :)

14. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Helena Bonham Carter is in my top 10 'want to sleep with' list of all time. Bet she's savage. God. Amazing.

I'm guessing it's going to be your typical bohemian Burton affair that ticks all the right boxes, but the whole seems to be less than the sum of its parts. What I find with his movies anyway, feel free to disagree in as much savagery as you can muster!

15. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i saw it a few hours ago and i must say i really enjoyed it:D
    I thought it was done very well

16. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Good. Now I'll have that in my mind the whole time while watching. Thanks...

17. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I'll be seeing it. When, I'm not sure but Burton films are always good. Well, generally always. I like that he doesn't like to use CGI if he can avoid it.

..that, and the fact he can take the most innocent thing and make it look twisted, somehow.

18. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Tim Burton is a one dimensional director and rehashes old ideas too often—just like Danny Elfman and Johnny Depp. Nightmare was his best work.

I'm still interested in watching the 3D version.

19. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I pretty much like every Tim Burton film ever made so I’m excited. My brother and I are seeing it tomorrow for his 20th birthday.

If it’s anything like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I’ll walk out of it visually stunned.

20. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I just got back from seeing it. It was ok and the story had its moments, however, I do not recommend it in 3D, it gets in the way. At one moment you are focusing on things floating, then the next everything goes blurry when the scene changes around. (brain/eye readjustments are not fast)

The Red Queen gets boring after a few scenes, the Mad Hatter also. Was it worth it? Yes, liked it and was fun/good to watch. In 3D? No. Tim Burton does not do 3D well or rather didn't film thinking in 3D.

21. Frisco macrumors 68020

Can't go wrong with a Johnny Depp movie. He stays away from the mainstream trash and I appreciate that. He is an artist.

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Real 3D or IMAX 3D?

23. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

good question

24. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Nightmare was produced, not directed, by Burton.

Lethal

25. Mexbearpig thread starter macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Im not really sure if this is a spoipler but......(Invisible text)It starts with a small clip of Alice as a little girl after her nightmare about going To wonderland. Then it jumps 13 years later and she actually goes back.......
    .okay its over.

But anyway, I thought it was great. Johnny Depp did great. And seeing the movie makes me kind of want to read the book :eek::eek:.