All good X thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LarryJoe33, Nov 3, 2017.

1. LarryJoe33, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017

LarryJoe33 macrumors 68000

LarryJoe33

I’m simple, I unboxed and I love it. Easy to set up, intuitive, fast as hell, great resolution. Face ID is transparent. Swipe and open. Very easy transition.

What do you love about it?

Non owners = haters trolls need not apply please. Got enough this week.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Definitely the smaller form factor with the 5.8 dislay. Easily makes it more comfortable to hold.

3. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Face ID works like a dream.

My friends all laughed and were jealous when I sent out my first Animoji. :D

4. HopeWV macrumors regular

HopeWV

I really like it, taking me a little to get used to know home button. Was super worried coming from a 7 Plus about the size, but I got used to that quickly. I actually like it better cause it fits my hand more. If I can master the gestures I will be good lol

5. Ryan1524 macrumors 68000

Ryan1524

I normally don't care much for Drop Tests, but this is quite surprising.

6. LarryJoe33 thread starter macrumors 68000

LarryJoe33

I’m about 5 hours into ownership and it’s like my phone isn’t locked. That’s how transparent Face ID is. I did not expect it to be this smooth.

7. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Nice.

Yeah, I'm usually after threads that focus on the negatives of a product I'm interested in, but those threads on here tend to be bombarded by people taking joy in the flaws who exaggerate & don't give an accurate description of the issues...

So for a change, I'll appreciate your joy. Glad you're happy with it.

8. Astrotrain macrumors newbie

Astrotrain

The X is the answer to what I've been wanting since the 6 Plus was released; more screen real estate than the non-plus models but in a smaller frame than the pluses. 10 hours into my experience with the X, and I have zero complaints. Fast, trouble-free, face ID is seamless for me. Notch is a non-issue and don't miss the home button. Thanks for your 10 years of service, home button, but it's time to move on!

9. Aussi3 Suspended

Aussi3

I’m loving mine space grey looks awesome and my battery is going so good lasting so long! I had a 6s before it’s so much better!! Love the screen love Face ID love it all! Lol very happy

10. LarryJoe33 thread starter macrumors 68000

LarryJoe33

Just found reachability setting. Swipe down on bottom edge.

11. Aussi3 Suspended

Aussi3

Yeah I put that on as soon as I got it lol :p

12. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

Loving the battery life and this silver color is breath taking.

13. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Coming from a 6s, I love it.

Initial thoughts after about 21 hours:
    Screen feels huge
    Screen is beautiful
    Face ID works great (the less you think about it, the better it works)
    Battery seems amazing
    Even Siri seems to be a step quicker and more accurate
    Low light photos are so much better
    Notch is a non-issue
    Animoji are a fun gimmick
    New gestures are easy to get used to

Edit:
    The only thing I don’t like so much is the need to double tap the side button to confirm a Face ID purchase. I’d rather have a software button come up for confirmation.

14. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

screen is amazing and for that it's worth it over my 7 plus. face ID is great as well completely better than I expected.

works perfectly in the dark as they said it would.

15. Shark5150 macrumors 65816

Shark5150

I'm loving it as well. Absolutely no complaints. It's everything I thought it would be and more!

16. Groovemaster17 macrumors member

Love it. Face ID is quick to set up and so far works flawlessly. Love everything about the phone. Hardest decision is whether to keep rolling without a case or not lol.

17. LarryJoe33 thread starter macrumors 68000

LarryJoe33

I got space gray but when I saw the silver in person yesterday picking up, I think I would have switched if they had stock. I have only owned blackish iPhones because the face was always white for the other colors.

All good though (as the title of this thread says

I also go two leather Apple cases that I am bringing back and may try silicone. They are just big and bulky, more so than the iPhone 7 cases.

18. tellemfred macrumors member

Upgraded from a 6S and absolutely love this phone so far. Face ID works almost flawlessly, the screen is amazing, the size is perfect (I have small hands and was never interested in a Plus) and I do not miss the home button at all. Great job, Apple.

19. Oridus macrumors 6502a

Oridus

I love how well FaceID worked in the middle of the night when I was all droopy eyed and needed to check the weather for when I woke up (because snow.... that evil white powdery stuff can make you late for work if you don’t know what time it’s coming).

20. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I love the size. My Plus model seems huge, clunky, and old when I use it now.
    FaceID is awesome. Works in the dark, with my hat, without my hat, in bright sun, at weird angles.
    Love the gestures and no home button. Really easy to adjust to and they work well.
    Love the missing top and bottom bezels. Feels so much nicer to have a phone with the screen nearly the same as the plus but in a small shell.

No more pressure in my pockets from storing my Plus. Much easier to carry around. Also nice that I finally have a phone that fits in my car's cup holder.

21. nasa25 macrumors 65816

Damn I almost forgot about the Animojis

Gonna annoy my gf all week with them. That’s gotta be worth the sticker price of the phone!

22. MLVC macrumors 6502a

MLVC

I got a Caudabe case for that reason. I don't like bulky phones, nor do I like to hide the back really :)

23. nasa25 macrumors 65816

Anyone getting a Face ID pop up when opening safari? And not when remembering a password just opening the safari app after it’s been force closed

24. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

Ripped open the T-Mobile box as soon as UPS delivered it and began setting it up. My wife wasn’t happy with me because the phone was taking so long and she wanted to go out to dinner.

Face ID is awesome. I really was skeptical about it and missing Touch ID, but not anymore after experiencing it for myself. Fantastic phone overall!!

25. tellemfred macrumors member

I got that once this morning which I thought was odd.