All MacBooks now 4-6 weeks shipping

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dexterbell, Apr 11, 2015.

1. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Hopefully those who want one already ordered one as its still unclear what day they will show up in stores. If supplies are this limited, stores may only get something like 10 at a time to sell.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

Just noticed this. I'm surprised, as Apple generally has done a better job predicting Mac sales, even with new launches. Either it is a lot more popular than they expected, or they have some supply issues. They have never had "lines" for the Mac, so no conspiracy theories, please.

3. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

is it launch yet? Because there's no demo in any store here in Canada.

4. dexterbell thread starter macrumors 6502a

They do indeed have supply issues with the MacBook and the Watch. Its been reported for a month now. Quanta couldn't get the job done and even with Apple pulling Foxconn into helping with the Watch, they still couldn't get enough initial supply. This may be the last time Quanta Taiwan does a job for Apple again despite how much they are willing to bid.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

I'd heard about the Watch and Quanta, but the MacBook surprises me.

6. Queen6, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Just a botched launch, even Apple`s own staff don't know what`s going on, totally unprofessional.
    • No display models in the vast majority of stores
    • No stock, and none coming soon to bricks & mortar stores
    • No preorder advisment
    • Instructing staff to push online sales, on a product you can't even try, nor is shipping in the near future :rolleyes:
    • Extending global shipping dates 4 - 6 weeks
    • It`s a Mac, not an IOS device, vast majority of Apple`s customers have no interest
    • New Mac`s have never brought long lines to the stores
    All signs of not understanding customer demand, mismanagement of contractors, inventory and/or sales marketing at it`s lowest. All Apple needed to do after the "big reveal" was list in store dates by country instead of this current debacle which has left many customers confused & disappointed...

If Apple didn't themselves make such a big deal of these things, less of us would care. They build all this hype, all for nothing. Equally as some other members have posted deliberately creating the impression of a shortage is a sales technique (although in my mind an underhanded one) which often results in customers "pulling the trigger" equally it would serves Apple well to move as many Broadwell Macbook`s with Skylake in the near future, which is a point worth considering...

With hindsight, maybe Apple should have a waited a little longer to officially reveal, what a mess...

Q-6

7. PDFierro macrumors 68040

8. lcseds macrumors 6502a

This is how Apple does everything now. 2 month wait on the iPhone 6 (yeah, yeah, some of you walked right in and got it), 5K iMac went to 3-4 weeks within a day or so. Watch is likely constrained, Macbook at 4-6 weeks. The hype machine is running full bore, production is running far behind it. It takes so long for Apple to update it's products it's really upsetting they can't give a realistic availability date. Aggravating beyond belief.

9. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Absolutely, it`s a joke and seems to be getting, worse culminating in this current fiasco...

Q-6

10. iDave macrumors 6502a

what if

Here's a theory: maybe Apple is slowing online sales so they can start selling MacBooks in stores. By pushing ship dates out to 4-6 weeks maybe it'll give them enough inventory to stock the Apple Stores and even some channel partners. Nah, probably not.

So far it is unbelievable to me that no MacBooks can be purchased at any store. Imagine trying one at a store, loving it, then being told to "order one online...and good luck."

Slow production is likely the problem; but usually Apple does a much better job with new product introductions. They wait until available supply meets likely demand and they announce the product. Sometimes there are shortages, but I can't remember any fiasco like this one. Maybe it's all Angela's fault. :)

11. dexterbell thread starter macrumors 6502a

2 months? I ordered my 6 plus online like an hour after it went on preorder. Got it the same day they went on sale in stores and didn't have to wait in line. Was great

12. shiseido macrumors newbie

I live in Seoul. When I ordered online, the US store said 1-3 days and the Korea store said 2-3 weeks. Now both stores say 4-6 weeks. Since I ordered first day, that means I locked in my 2-3 week estimate? Also I imagine since my version will be different (Korean version has different power plug and keyboard) perhaps stock is separate somehow.

13. lcseds macrumors 6502a

Exactly the sample I was not referring to, provided by a troll. Once again, useless input by you.

14. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Don't mind him. He assumes everyone in the world has the time (or the ability) to order at 12pm PST. Hey, if he can do it everyone should - right?

15. dexterbell thread starter macrumors 6502a

So you expext to be able to just order the most popular and best selling phone in the world that millions of others are trying to get whenever you want and have it immediately? Must be nice to live in your fantasy world.

----------

Millions of people seem to be able to. If you can't, then you wait. That's how the world works with popular products.

16. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

What I find weird is the immediate slip from 1-3 days to 3 WEEKS. It usually goes to 3-5 days, then 1-3 weeks. Sounds like really constrained production. Which would also explains why they didn't have enough to feed both online orders and the stores.

I'm guessing they reserved most of what they had for the US stores next week, which is why non-US orders were pushed back right away.

But still, 4 weeks after a couple hours ?

17. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Crazy. I wonder if 2-3 weeks from now, we'll see supplies get better and go to "shipping in 1-2 weeks" or something like that. I can't see these shipping delays going into June.

18. Shadow Runner macrumors regular

I just noticed this too. I am hoping there will be stock in stores next week though. I would like to be able to buy this at my local best buy soon.

19. newellj macrumors 601

As a pure hunch, I bet that you're right about some but that the gold models, especially the gold 1.1/256, will stay tight/extended.

20. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

My Best Buy got them a few days ago so I lucked out.

21. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

22. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

Do you have one, then?

23. lcseds macrumors 6502a

Reading comprehension is not a strong point of yours. Plus you just identified yourself as living in a fantasy world. ID10T

24. TillysWily macrumors regular

yea I call BS on this for sure

25. newellj macrumors 601

Yes, I think this is in the category of "pics or it didn't happen." :rolleyes: ;)