Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperCachetes

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
Oh, the COVID excuse again? Why were Samsung, Huwaei, Oppo an others able to get their phones out right on time? Pandemic magically didn't effect their suppliers? :rolleyes:
[automerge]1599947008[/automerge]

"On time" is remarkably arbitrary, as already shown in this thread - but you seem butthurt enough that you don't care. Cool. Hey - if the other manufacturers meet your apparent super-critical timeline for frivolous consumer purchases, by all means, please buy one of their products. As a long-time Apple shareholder, I totally give you my blessing. Cheers.

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
"On time" is remarkably arbitrary, as already shown in this thread - but you seem butthurt enough that you don't care. Cool. Hey - if the other manufacturers meet your apparent super-critical timeline for frivolous consumer purchases, by all means, please buy one of their products. As a long-time Apple shareholder, I totally give you my blessing. Cheers.

Yes, on time. They should have been announced and getting ready for release by now instead of barely entering production. They are LATE. I know it, you know it and Apple knows it. Thats why they had to come out and publicly say the iPhones will be late this year, rather embarrassing. So you think Apple products are "frivolous"? You do know that word means "not having any importance or value" right? Awfully strange coming from a guy who's been on this forum for 10 years with almost a thousand posts and a supposed Apple shareholder....

Reactions: Jony Ive and Co.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Yes, on time. They should have been announced and getting ready for release by now instead of barely entering production. They are LATE. I know it, you know it and Apple knows it. Thats why they had to come out and publicly say the iPhones will be late this year, rather embarrassing. So you think Apple products are "frivolous"? You do know that word means "not having any importance or value" right? Awfully strange coming from a guy who's been on this forum for 10 years with almost a thousand posts and a supposed Apple shareholder....

Just give it a rest FGS!!! You are winding so many people up here with your incessant entitled bitching and whining. We get it, you’ve thrown your toys out of your pram because you’re not got your own way. Please, give it a rest!!

Last edited:

KrispE00

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2016
Because as a Foxconn employee working in the production area, you don’t want to get caught. You’re sneaking the chassis into the washroom or the parking lot for a quick video before anyone knows it’s missing. Sorry the video isn’t 4K filmed using a RED camera with production lighting.
My apologies, I didn’t realize it took longer to shoot in 4K ?

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
My apologies, I didn’t realize it took longer to shoot in 4K ?

Cameras and smartphones are not allowed in the production area at Foxconn. If someone smuggles in a smartphone or recording device, don't expect it to be premium 4K capable.

Staff have to pass through multiple metal detectors. Anything that goes in or out of the building including trash bags passes through multiple inspections and metal detectors. Female staff aren't even allowed to wear underwire bras.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Yep it’s beyond a joke. Every post (20 plus) within the last few hours is exactly the same entitled moaning, whining and bitching. He’s spamming as far as I’m concerned.

Keeping OT however, I think the cover looks awful. I hope the final build is better. Looks so cheap and nasty.

Glad someone spotted that. I’m tired of seeing his posts. I honestly think this may be a dummy unit. That’s what my white 12 Pro Max dummy unit look like.

Reactions: StumpyBloke

Cancelled
May 21, 2014
If this is real then everyone on the iPhone team had a departmentwide stroke. Could you at least TRY to innovate a bit?!

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
I haven’t. But only the pro models with have SS. I think the non pro models are going to be the least durable iPhones since the SE because of this.
I still think an aluminum band with the right kind of glass protected on the sides inside the band would be plenty strong in a drop. I really don't think they will be as accident prone to the phones now with curved glass. The glass is so thin at the edges all it takes is a bad angle drop from 1 foot and your done without a case. At least the band will hide all the glass now and im sure apple will have some kind of barrier support in between the glass and the frame to make it more durable. The stainless bands won't have to have any reinforcement.

kiensoy

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2008
iPhone 4 features a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, HD video recording, Apple’s A4 processor, a 3-axis gyro and up to 40 percent longer talk time—in a beautiful all-new design of glass and stainless steel that is the thinnest smartphone in the world.

Oh I stand corrected. I guess I was thinking on the aluminum back of the iPhone 5.

Darth Tulhu

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2019
I might be in the minority, but I don't care too much for the squared-off iPhone look I've seen so far.

I appreciate it on the iPads, particularly because there it serves a specific function...

But I love the seamless, rounded edges of the last several iPhones.

I have a Note8 and I'm due to upgrade this year (company phone), but I love my wife's Xr dimensions and design (the bezels could stand to be narrower, but still).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.