Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2008
I'm all for iPhone rumors, but isn't this like the 10th identical design that's made front page news? We all assume at this point the final design will look like this, and we still don't know if this particular incarnation is a genuine part.

We've all seen mockups until now, except maybe the one below which I personally think is probably real. (But of course everything can be faked now).

apple_iphone_6_rumoured_leak_foxconn_weibo.jpg

To me it feels that every mockups guessed how the white/black antenna separating parts would fit with the aluminum case based on this low resolution picture. Some mockups just painted white lines on a machined metal case, while the 3D printed one guessed that it would have an indentation.

This new one feels real to me, and we can get a better view of the plastic(?) parts. I find them intriguing as the separation seems much larger than on the 5/5S, there must be a reason for that because it looks a little weird to me. Maybe it can act as a shock absorber if you drop your iPhone on one of four corners?

eXoguti093

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2014
Cutout

Does no one seriously notice the apple logo cutout? I've been wondering about it forever...

seantm

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2014
I'm all for iPhone rumors, but isn't this like the 10th identical design that's made front page news? We all assume at this point the final design will look like this, and we still don't know if this particular incarnation is a genuine part.

If you wouldn't get so upset about things you might have noticed that the Apple is a cut out maybe showing that it will illuminate :apple:

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Wow, stunning, a piece of metal covered in green plastic...

Come on MacRumors, you can do a lot better then that surely? You exposed the complete ipod Nano 3rd gen press shots way before it's release, a video of a guy showing the entire casing of the iPhone 5, and now this.....?

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Not so sure about those thick antenna breaks. Also, why does is camera/mic/flash so oddly positioned on these leaks? They seem over to the right too much. They're perfectly aligned with the corner on the 5s, 5, etc.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
right? i dont think ANY of the mockups or leaks have had the right cutout for a dual-flash! Why would they get rid of it?

They might get rid of it if they can make it look like it did before. But I don't want Apple to do that even if they can I like the way it looks a lot

AceMason

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
Woah ... I've never had issues with Apple designs but if this is actually real then that is pretty horrible. That design is very un-Apple like. I don't see them doing such thick bands.

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London
Nice to see Apple simply doing iterations on design rather then, I don't know, do something risky, innovative and interesting like everyone else?!?!??

Absolutely ugly and plain, looks like a toy, nothing will beat the iPhone 4 design and the build up that led up to it. Apple straight up got lazy and has no new unique ideas left in the tank, mailing this in for the sheeple who will buy it no matter what. Why bother when everyone will buy it.

Sorry have you just met Apple? Their whole ethos is if it's not broke...

And this a good thing. They make and design hardware to last in form and function.

iMac design iterates every 3-4 years. The mac Pro has only just changes externally after 9 years!

you only have to look at other companies efforts to see how rubbish they are for the most part. HTC's One is an exception. It's very very nice.

One of the best things about having the same design for 2 years is a massive amount of choice of Covers / add ons and extras that you just plain do not get with ANY other phone.

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
After some lengthly research and it being confirmed by my source... Not really just a simple Google search :) but I have found another leaked part of the iPhone 6

Attachments

• iphone-6-beats.jpg
    iphone-6-beats.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,621

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Instead of making the battery thicker which is of very practical and functional use they are making the bands thick? Hope the beats design hasn't rubbed on them!

If apple wakes up and goes yeah I like the beats logo and puts it on the iPhones I think im going to go dig a hole and jump in...

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
After some lengthly research and it being confirmed by my source... Not really just a simple Google search :) but I have found another leaked part of the iPhone 6

Google searches are never wrong...And that totally looks leaked. Were screwed!:D

----------

Some thing I just noticed is that the apple logo is clear. That seems kinda odd

mbh

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Too bad they couldn't peel off the plastic cover. Not crazy about the large borders around the antenna areas. An illuminated Apple logo would be great!

malexandria

Suspended
Mar 25, 2009
Bs

I call BS on this, a) it's GREEN and b) surely Apple wouldn't be stupid enough to put the antenna on the side of the phone again after the 4 series fiasco.

mbh

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
I call BS on this, a) it's GREEN and b) surely Apple wouldn't be stupid enough to put the antenna on the side of the phone again after the 4 series fiasco.

It has a green plastic protective film on it. See the area around the camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.