Alliance of American Football (AAF)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ucfgrad93, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

Until I saw this thread I didn't know this league existed. Tuned in for parts of 2 games and was entertained. Hope the AAF does well.

2. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

aaaand Hackenberg still sucks... What the heck was Macagnan thinking taking him in the second round? aaaah the joys of being a Jets fan

this was actually a pretty smart strategy, by placing it this way its like they are in cooperation with the NFL and not competing against the NFL. They might succeed because of this.... especially if a couple of players get invited to NFL training camps as a result of their play in the AAF.

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I watched about half an hour of the San Diego-San Antonio game, and it really wasn't all that bad. Seemed like quite a few fans turned out, but I'll be curious to see if they can hold onto that level of interest as the season progresses.

I think the territorial allocations to the teams is an interesting take - how each team is assigned collegiate and NFL teams for bringing on players. Seems like it would make trades almost out of the question, depending on how rigidly they held to that.

4. ucfgrad93 thread starter macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The games were better than I expected. I hope this is successful.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Damn. I saw this advertised and then completely forgot about it. I'm willing to give it a go as the NFL off-season is kinda torturous for me and a few friends.

6. pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

ok I've been looking for a standings selection on the OS and can't find it. Anyone else?

7. ucfgrad93 thread starter macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I’ve looked on the iOS app, the AAF website, & CBSsports and haven’t been able to get the standings.

Strange.

8. pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

And I know we both realize that they've only played one game but still...