Always wanted an iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2x360, Dec 16, 2010.

1. 2x360, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010

2x360 macrumors newbie

Hello, Ive always wanted an iphone for the past 4 years since the 1st generation iphone was released, I remember seeing Steve Jobs go out on stage and start talking about a device that would revolutionize everything and would offer everything the user would want.

A phone, internet connected device and an ipod. Soon the iphone was shown to the world but you should know all this by now without the need for it to have been said.

Point being is that its been four long, hard years and I have never even laid hands one cause I haven't had the money and doubt ever will. Ive always wanted to have one to hack and special customize with cydia, and the iDroid hack which is still in development for iphone 3GS and iphone 4.

I am tired of being tied down to my computers but also my computer isnt smart at all. I known what you are thinking, I am complaining but I really am not, I just wish there would come a day where I could finally own my own Apple device.

The closest I have ever gotten to have anything related to Apple is itunes and safari for my computer, other than those two programs/products of Apple; I have never owned an Apple device in my entire life or even used one or have even seen one up close.

I am only 16 and am currently working to try to save up enough for at least an ipod touch (64GB) 4th generation or newer. If possible, I would really love to buy an iphone 4 or a later generation of the iphone.

Sadly I am no closer to owning an Apple device than I was a year or more ago. If anyone out there has an iphone 4 that no one wants or wants to sell that is a legitimate iphone 4 that perfectly works, minor to no scratches, still in the box if possible and with everything it came with, I am sure we could come to terms about a trade of devices or possible cash if I can get a better job.

I doubt anyone out there doesn't want an iphone 4 and I doubt even more that anyone will respond to this in a polite way and be realistic with me to workout a compromise with me but I still would like to give this a shot. Message me here, Thanks everyone and happy holidays and I hope you have an excellent New Year.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

First of all, wall of text. Please, please learn to use paragraphs. People will actually read what you wrote if you do.

Now, you're only 16 so don't worry about never being able to own one. You will have no problem when you're older.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So what are you asking for again?
    You want to buy a used or new iphone but want to trade for something or cash when you get a better job?
    Why dont you try craigslist?

4. 2x360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ive tried craigslist but they are all too far or not willing to negotiate a deal

5. 2x360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the constructive criticism, Problem is that I doubt Apple will design that beautiful version of an iphone ever again plus I have no plans to wait til I am an adult, like they say its now or never.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Of course Apple will. Ever version gets better and they have a way of designing them so the old ones immediately look outdated.

Don't believe that garbage. That's what makes people miserable in this life. Things won't make you happy. Relationships with people will.

7. 2x360 thread starter macrumors newbie

You have a point but I am a very impatient person and usually when I become extremely impatient I do everything possible to get my way, unfortunately this time I am all out of options. As far as realtionships with people are I am not a very talkative person and I was dating this girl but thats a whole other story, its just me for the moment.

8. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I wouldn't stress it too much. Getting a 4th Gen Ipod Touch would quench your needs for now. The only reason I say this is because I doubt you'd be able to afford the monthly bill if you can't even afford to buy one.

With the newer ipod touch, you still have everything the i4 has except the monthly voice/data bill.

9. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

I'm really confused as to why no one on Craigslist wants to deal with you. :rolleyes:

Do you know what I desperately want? An Aston Martin. Any recent model will do. I'll settle for the V8 Vantage, even if it's scratched up.

10. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

Very few 16 year olds can afford an iPhone and the month-to-month plan. Go to college, get a job, get yourself settled, and save up.

What kind of part time job do you have now?

11. adztaylor macrumors 68000

The iPod Touch is an amazing device, I had a 1st and 3rd gen one before I got my iPhone and loved them to bits.

Personally because you're only 16 I think you should save up and get one of them first. Then at least you can enjoy iOS features without having that monthly bill.

12. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Learn Objective C, Develop some iPhone/iPad Apps to earn a decent amount of money and then buy your iPhone.

13. junker macrumors 6502

junker

Even though this thread is a little bit annoying in tone (whiney, impatient and selfish), I'm compelled, for some reason, to offer suggestions:

1. Getting some sort of work (wash dishes, bus tables, sell something online, work at ice cream stores) is the best path to financial independence;

2. Or, like most americans, go into debt.... get a credit card and buy it that way. It's how I began much of my adult purchasing experience and learned much about interest and predatory lending (thanks CapitalOne);

3. Ebay, Craigslist, maybe even try various penny auction sites (I am not recommending these by experience);

If your worried about the monthly bill, maybe a unlock for another carrier is your best option (not sure really, cause I'm not into that myself, but it seems like it'd be cheaper)

Learning to make a plan an to cull your impatience is part of becoming an adult - I'm really not trying to be mean here, I'm speaking from experience as being an past ADD youth myself.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO:D
    And you want it ASAP right?

15. BDD80 macrumors newbie

I hate all of my Apple products!
    If only there were an address provided where I could ship two Mac Minis, a MacBook Pro, two iPhones (1 & 4), iPad, iPod Shuffle (prev gen), iPod Nano, iPod Touch, and 1 TB Time Capsule (not to mention all the wires!), this would make my life soooo much simpler!

16. brando123b macrumors regular

brando123b

I really feel bad for this kid. Imagine being so destitute that at 16 years of age you still don't have an iPhone 4? I can't fathom it.

That would be like turning 25 and not having a Ferarri in your driveway.

You guys think we can start some kind of support page where we can get donations for him? No child should have to live life without an iPhone.

17. JASApplications macrumors 65816

I have a iPhone and I'm 15 :D

18. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

19. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

20. nexsta macrumors 6502

Cmon man have some dignity, get a job and then you can afford one, but with a post like this you sound like a homeless crack junky who tells a pathetic story to get some pennies for his drug, with one difference your drug is Apple!

21. aohus macrumors 68000

Call your congressional leaders and have them pen up a bill titled 'No Child Left Behind Without iPhone Act'

This bill would make it mandatory for all young males aged 16 to have an iPhone.

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Hate to say it OP, but you might as well get used to not having everything that you want. Very few people ever have everything that they want. It doesn't change as you get older.

Get a job, and save up for it.

23. aluren macrumors 65816

24. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Sorry to brag but I am a 14 year old and I could afford a iPhone and iPad (intact I own both) but can't afford to monthly bill. Anyways back on subject. Op are your parents like around to give any support or anything I mean cause the people on vesicular probably will charge the same price for a brand new one

25. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

^^
    Well I think that's the problem, the monthly bill. A far better option for our young Apple fan is a new generation iPod Touch. :)