Am I the only one happy with same size/design?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iSkier, Oct 4, 2011.

1. iSkier macrumors regular

I personally love the iPhone 4/4S design, and I feel that a bigger screen would be too bulky to carry around in my pocket all the time. A phone should be portable, and when I look at those huge monster Android phones, it makes my pockets cringe. Anyone with me?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I'm thrilled. Stalk my past posts and you'll see I never liked the whole teardrop concept, and have loved this current design since before launch.

4. oiuh151 macrumors 6502

I'm happy as well. I think the current size is perfect.

5. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

I love the design of the iPhone 4 (and 4S), but it would have been nice to have a little bigger screen. The screen being the same size isn't a deal breaker for me though. Luckily, everything else about the 4S is amazing.

6. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

I'm happy with it as it's a beautiful phone. It wouldn't make sense for Apple to redesign their phone every year since they put so much R&D into their phones.

Also, I'm not a showoff person, so to blend in will be nice.

7. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I was happy about the iPhone 4 design anyway. And since this will be my first iPhone, it's perfect.

8. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I bet all of you guys' opinions would be completely different if they had released a bigger screen today.

9. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Nope.

10. mbh macrumors 6502

I like the iPhone 4 case a lot better than the ultra thin iPod touch. A tapered iPod Touch-like case would be even worse.

Maybe Apple will use the iPhone 4 case for the next revision, too. Wouldn't that drive certain people insane? :D

11. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I love the current design and I'm glad they kept it.

The ONLY thing I wanted, and I've said this on here before, is a faster processor to get rid of the choppiness. They've done it. Perfection!

12. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

What... you think we would have started trashing the current design? No.

I wouldn't want a huge screen. If it were slightly larger but I could still do a lot one-handed, I'd be cool with that. But I wouldn't be whining like someone stole my lollipop.

13. TalkAboutApple macrumors member

Not alone at all. I am perfectly happy with 3.7"...in fact if they can make the iPhone smaller using less bezel I would be even happier.

On a loosely related note, I think compact cameras have been stagnant for years since they are stuck with large 3"+ displays. I'd just like a smaller camera and even 2" is fine in an ultra-compact.

14. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

the 4s is not the same level of improvement over the 4 that the 3gs was over the 3g.

the i4 is a pretty good, fast phone.

that 3g (my first iPhone) was torture slow. good thing the 3gs came out soon after lol. I was ready to take that 3g to the range, set it up on the 100yd line and call it a sunk cost.

15. WytRaven macrumors 6502

16. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Very happy with it. Will be staying up to pre-order two of them.

17. jamald macrumors newbie

I'm also happy with it. It'll make a great first iPhone for me. :)

18. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

I love the iPhone 4 design. Way better than the tapered edges design the rumors were suggesting.

19. MacFan1701 macrumors member

I'm fine with them keeping the same design. I just wish that they didn't keep the apparently fragile glass backing.

20. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm also very happy with the current size, form, function, and feel. I want the iPhone to remain portable and retain the already excellent battery life. A bigger screen would not deliver on both accounts.

If I want a bigger screen, I'll use my iPad.

I totally agree with the OP...

Bryan

21. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

I don't think you need to stay up to pre-order them. Besides Apple ordering 25 million of these 4S's, there won't be as big or as mad of a rush to get the 4S as there was with the 4.

Remember, most of the people buying the 4 were people upgrading from past iPhones, not new iPhones. At this point, it doesn't seem like many 4 users will be upgrading to 4S. Not as many as those who upgraded to 4 anyway.

22. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

There's still a lot of 3 Gen users that want to buy and the fact that the 4S is a CDMA/GSM hybrid means that there will be a lot of sales of the phone that will go overseas.

23. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I love the iPhone 4 design as well. I would not have objected to a new design or bigger screen though. I love the spec increases and will definitely be grabbing one with my november upgrade.

----------

I disagree. The 3G was super fast in relative terms to me when I first got it. It was also the first real smartphone I'd had though. I thought it was amazing and magical.

you may be right in some ways though because the iphone 4 does basically anything you could want a mobile phone to do. There isn't anything we are currently asking our phones to do that they can't handle...

24. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Love the design, it looks and feels amazing. I'll be upgrading from my iPhone 4 to this new one. Though I think they could of upped the screen size a bit and kept the phone the same size, I'm still happy with a 3.5 inch.

25. Number 41 macrumors 6502a