Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pol0001

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2008
London
I bought my MacBook two years ago. One of the first C2D. Since I use it mainly for web, email, Office and iLife, it works fine for me. I only had to upgrade the RAM and the HD. It will be at least another year before I am going to replace it. I buy computers when I have to. Not when someone is starting a fuzz about updates. It's a computer and not the cure for cancer!

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I bought my MacBook two years ago. One of the first C2D. Since I use it mainly for web, email, Office and iLife, it works fine for me. I only had to upgrade the RAM and the HD. It will be at least another year before I am going to replace it. I buy computers when I have to. Not when someone is starting a fuzz about updates. It's a computer and not the cure for cancer!

yea ive noticed alot of "I bought my _____ _____ ago, if this function isnt here im afraid im going to have to go to pc" type of responses on this site.

Whats wrong with your 1-2 year old computer?

pol0001

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2008
London
yea ive noticed alot of "I bought my _____ _____ ago, if this function isnt here im afraid im going to have to go to pc" type of responses on this site.

Whats wrong with your 1-2 year old computer?

My problem is the speed in which I accumulate GB. (Photos, Music etc.) My current MacBook can't handle much more than a 250 GB HD. That's why I said, it will be at least another year before I am going to replace it. The main factor for me is the capacity of the HD. But as long as I can still cramp everything I want to have on my MacBook, I wont buy a new one.

DeVizardofOZ

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
Antarctica City;)
New MBP's

the black key's look ugly, and you're all going to hate seeing everything on them.
Gee, who is the design guy? I'd fire him/her.
Sorry, but the homogeneous design is gone with that.

khunsanook

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2006
East Asia
The PowerBook/MBP keyboard is some of the best that I have used. I hate the MB/MBA ones. If the new machines all have these keyboards, then it would be truly to make them look different vs. more functional.

I much prefer the MB keyboard to the MBP. I find it much more functional actually.

stagemanagerav

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2008
Is there a place to go for people like me who want to sell their Early 2008 MBP to get a new MBP??? I see a lot of complaints about the new ones and would love to help someone get that MBP they always wanted, complete with old style keys and all :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.