Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
I often get 5+ for each phone. I get tired of cases and switch them up. I end up often forgetting about some I have.

One thing about having a lot of cases is you sort of know what you want as far as appearance and quality.

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2016
I often get 5+ for each phone. I get tired of cases and switch them up. I end up often forgetting about some I have.

One thing about having a lot of cases is you sort of know what you want as far as appearance and quality.

Yeah, same here. I’m looking for some good cases for the 8. Which one are you using now?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Yes, case shopping is always a terrible experience. So many garbage cases it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack to get to the one that meets your requirements.

I've got a Otterbox Commuter and a generic $15 silicone one on order. Not in love with the Commuter b/c it's two piece and it has a stupid hole to show off the Apple logo. I kind of like the Speck Presidio Sport (saw at BB) but it's $45. Not worth it. The generic silicone one I ordered looks similar. We'll see. Also like the BodyGuardz Trainr. It's $40 so not wild about that. But it also has a transparent back which I know will end up looking like garbage once in use.

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2016
Yes, case shopping is always a terrible experience. So many garbage cases it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack to get to the one that meets your requirements.

I've got a Otterbox Commuter and a generic $15 silicone one on order. Not in love with the Commuter b/c it's two piece and it has a stupid hole to show off the Apple logo. I kind of like the Speck Presidio Sport (saw at BB) but it's $45. Not worth it. The generic silicone one I ordered looks similar. We'll see. Also like the BodyGuardz Trainr. It's $40 so not wild about that. But it also has a transparent back which I know will end up looking like garbage once in use.

Post pictures of the silicone when you get it. I used otterbox back when I had my 6 but hated the bulk and how it felt.. blech. But you are right, there are so many cases out there that are lacking in quality.

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
The X isn’t even here yet but I have ordered three Apple leather cases (red, taupe, and fuschia), a caudabe lucid clear, and two baseus cases. I already have a tozo case, two spigen cases, and two other baseus cases. That should be all for now. I need to stop.

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2016
The X isn’t even here yet but I have ordered three Apple leather cases (red, taupe, and fuschia), a caudabe lucid clear, and two baseus cases. I already have a tozo case, two spigen cases, and two other baseus cases. That should be all for now. I need to stop.

Oh wow!! Those leather cases are going to be awesome to switch back and forth with (love the colors) but I’m sure you’ll want them to wear out first before you switch them around.

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2016
Bestbuy has some clearance on the silicone/leather cases and free shipping finally. If you wanna pick one up now is a good time

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
You are not alone . . . same for my Apple Watch (bands). They can be swapped out like changing clothes. :cool:

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
194a44946cfc9f5586eda26edbd1d3e7.jpg

Reactions: blaine07

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
For the X I have:

• Peel
  • Dark purple  leather
  • Product (RED)  leather
  • Blue  silicone
  • Spigen thin fit in red
  • Spigen neo hybrid
I’ve had the phone a week.

Me too in relation to the week part. This is escalating out of control quickly already. Just so many good iPhone cases. ‍♂️

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I have to say, I appreciate you guys. Now I don’t feel like I have as much of a problem. I currently have the Presidio grip, OB defender and the Presidio ultra. Damn Best Buy deals.

Still not sure what I want as my daily driver.

Reactions: blaine07

twdawson

macrumors 6502a
I am seriously think of getting one of the Nodus cases for my 6S, I have bought plenty of so called genuine leather ones from eBay and found they are just junk.
I was looking at the bookbook but it will add too much bulk.

Has anyone used a Nodus before and are they any good. They look nice but was wondering what they are like after they have been used for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.