Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WRP, May 23, 2012.

1. WRP macrumors 6502a

That doesn't want a bigger phone in my pocket? I like the size of the current iphone models and actually wouldn't mind an even smaller option maybe.

I have my desktop for my power computing at home and work.
    My laptop for power computing when I am mobile.
    My iPad for productivity uses and as a media device when I am mobile.
    My iphone is a text, map lookup, quick email, puzzle game, music device all the time. I have zero need for it to get bigger.

Bring us a SMALLER iphone.

2. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

3. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I don't want something the size of a Samsung Zote, but I don't want smaller. 4" seems like it will be a decent size.

Ha ha. That's NOT what she said.

4. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Many of which, if not all, is better experienced on a larger screen.

Don't worry, give Apple a chance to sell you the reasoning for adopting a larger screen. I'm sure many skeptics will be won over after their event.

5. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

I imported a galaxy nexus the day it came out and I'd actually still like a larger screen. even at 4.6 inches it seems small already. It's funny how quickly you get used to a larger screen. It doesn't take long for it to start feeling small. I upgraded from a 27 inch tv to a 55 inch LED and it took me about 2 days to want something even larger

6. DavoteK macrumors 6502

I wouldn't say smaller, but current size, perfect. I for one will be sticking with the 4S while this bigger device fad goes on.

7. WRP thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I got my ipad for that. I am talking about something that fits comfortably in my pocket all day long. That I can wear when running. Until smartphones came out all the phones were getting smaller and smaller and I rather enjoyed that. Now they are getting bigger and bigger and blurring the lines between a tablet and a device that is comfortable to keep in your pocket. Pretty soon we'll be back to this:

[​IMG]

And I'm not suggesting they DON'T make a bigger one, I am merely suggesting they make a smaller flavor for us who don't need a brick in our pants. At least keep a version the current size at the very minimum.

8. DavoteK macrumors 6502

Phones in 3 years time at the current rate of size progression;

[​IMG]

9. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Now that I'm using the galaxy note, I couldn't imagine using a smaller screen....but......it is a device better suited for two handed use, and I know many require a device to be able to be comfortably used with one hand and for that, the iPhone fits the bill

10. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

This doesn't seem to be sinking in with many people, no matter how many times you say it. I guess a smartphone is a communications device for some, and a personal entertainment center for others.

11. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

No, I feel the same. I love the size of the current iPhone. I see people with larger Android phones and I just don't like them. What is key for me is to have it on my person at all times so the current size just works for me. If I need to use a larger screen size for extended durations then I will use my iPad. In saying that, I wouldn't want a smaller phone either, I just think the ergonomics of the current iPhone is spot on. I did return the 4s to keep my 4 due to battery issues but if the next iPhone grows in size, I will likely go with a 4s if they reduce the cpu die and make it more power efficient like they have done with the iPad 2.

12. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I fit my Galaxy Nexus perfectly fine in my pockets. I honestly feel no difference in my pockets when I had the 4 and later on the 4S in there. If the time comes that a larger iPhone comes out, I honestly think this pocket thing will be a non-issue. Granted, some sizes push the boundaries, but I don't foresee Apple releasing anything close to a Galaxy Note-size device, for example. I think people will be fine.

We shall see.

13. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

I would suggest the iPhone 5 is probably not going to bring much in terms of hardware upgrade, at least, not so much as to force upgrades. The new iOS will probably work just fine on the 4 series.

Because of this, IF the iPhone 5 is bigger, then don't buy it and instead continue to use the iPhone 4.

14. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

You ever think that, perhaps, a 'smartphone' just isn't for you? No one likes to use a magnifying glass to read text, browse the web or play games and with a 3.5" screen (or smaller, as you suggest), and that's just about what you have to do. Perhaps you just use yours to make phone calls?

I've said this a dozen times, but go grab a Samsung Captivate and you'll fall in love with the 4" screen and case design. barely larger than the iPhone and much nicer to use and hold. (not talking about it's use of plastic or the OS, just the design, size and feel)

I have to say, though, if you're shying away from even a 3.5" screen, the future doesn't look too bright for you. Finding a 'smartphone' smaller than the iPhone will be impossible. But as I say, you may not really be a 'smartphone' person to begin with. Perhaps a 'feature' phone would be more to your liking. Those are smaller and often have a decent touch screen interface.

15. JMountainDew macrumors regular

JMountainDew

You are not the only one. Remember the original HTC Touch that came out a handful of years ago? Perfect size. Similar to a deck of cards. My smartphone doesn't need to be a tablet, but a phone.

16. R1PPER macrumors 6502

17. calvy macrumors 65816

no, not the only one, I don't want a bigger phone. I already have an iPad.

18. Azzin macrumors 68040

An iPhone the same size as my 4S, but with a larger screen will do me just fine.

19. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

This. +1

Smartphones are really becoming more than just a phone (and a lot that is because of Apple!).

20. LaWally macrumors 6502a

Not the only one. Current iPhone 4S screen is just fine thank you. A larger screen (alone) will not be an enticement for me to replace my iPhone, even with another iPhone.

21. tootall macrumors regular

I want both a larger screen and a smaller phone!!! That will be a true technological breakthrough...

22. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

This 'you are not a smartphone type of person' party line is really getting stale. He lists some pretty smart activities. If you need a magnifier to use a phone with a 3.5" screen, you need to visit an optician.

----------

Smartphones have always been more than just a phone. His comment is pretty silly as he essentially suggests that there is no place for a compact smartphone.

23. Tones2 macrumors 65816

If your using your phone primarily as a communication device and NOT as a personal entertainment center, then you don't need an iPhone (or any smart phone for that matter). Entertainment is really the whole POINT. Get a really small flip phone.

Hopefully THAT sinks in. :)

24. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Correct. After you pinch and zoom, you don't need a magnifying glass.:rolleyes: