Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcshutter019

Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
Ok, so I waited in line July 11 at 3 AM for one and didn't get it. So I ordered one off eBay for $630, without contract, which saves money by using your current sim instead of paying $80+per month. It's my iPhone 3G, not my parents. And I got the 3G for my 13th birthday.

I'm not some dumb little brat that knows nothing about Apple or 3G and just wants some "cool new stuff", I know as much about this phone as everyone here, which is why I'm on this site in the first place.

So the real question: I just turned 13, am I too young to be an iPhone 3G owner?

Ps I'm typing this from my iPhone

NotFound

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2006
If you were typing this from your iPhone wouldn't it show a couple lines at the top saying 'Apple webkit blah blah iPhone 2.0 blah.." ?

And no, you aren't too young but this thread is useless.

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007
If you were typing this from your iPhone wouldn't it show a couple lines at the top saying 'Apple webkit blah blah iPhone 2.0 blah.." ?

And no, you aren't too young but this thread is useless.

Only if he used the mobile version of the forums, he's browsing the regular version (same as us) on his iPhone. ;)

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
what do you want people to say?

i mean whoever buys an item for themself wants it.

granted, i disagree when parents buy their kids really nice things but you know what, none of my buisiness.

at any rate, congrats as its a cool gadget, one i couldnt afford myself at the moment (just got a lg voyager today)

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
I've seen posts like this on a car forum I visit and it's usually some young kid trying to brag that he has the same 'luxury item' that is ordinarily owned by successful adults.

To answer the OP's question...You're not too young if you are solely responsible for your purchase and contract and it doesn't interfere with what a normal 13-year-old should be doing (IMO). Since I don't believe it can be all those things, I'm going to say "Yes, you're too young for a cell phone, especially one this capable."

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
What's the point of this thread exactly?

Are you young to have an iPhone? Yes. Too young? Depends on how you treat your things and your/your family's finances.

I wouldn't have been too young at 13, but my brother would have been. We were very different at 13. ;)

Enjoy your phone.

BTW, I don't think you're too young for a cell phone in general. Times have changed, and I would have one if I were your age. Whether I could talk my mother into allowing me an iPhone is a different matter, but cell phones nowadays are definitely a safety tool.

jsquared

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2008
Nashvegas, TN
Well I'm sure Apple, AT&T nor the dood that sold it to you on EBAY don't think you're too young.

But why even ask? Seem like an odd question.

JCredible86

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
On earth
Good Advice

Ok, so I waited in line July 11 at 3 AM for one and didn't get it. So I ordered one off eBay for $630, without contract, which saves money by using your current sim instead of paying $80+per month. It's my iPhone 3G, not my parents. And I got the 3G for my 13th birthday.

I'm not some dumb little brat that knows nothing about Apple or 3G and just wants some "cool new stuff", I know as much about this phone as everyone here, which is why I'm on this site in the first place.

So the real question: I just turned 13, am I too young to be an iPhone 3G owner?

Ps I'm typing this from my iPhone

I wouldnt say young I would say Spoiled, Precocious, Delusion, and probably a loner. Plus it doesnt make you cool to us cuz u have a "3G" (It's In Mommies Name). U Have nothing to prove. Get offline b4 ur the 40 Year Old Virgin.

Thats the best advice youve ever got. ;)

dcshutter019

Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
I've seen posts like this on a car forum I visit and it's usually some young kid trying to brag that he has the same 'luxury item' that is ordinarily owned by successful adults.

To answer the OP's question...You're not too young if you are solely responsible for your purchase and contract and it doesn't interfere with what a normal 13-year-old should be doing (IMO). Since I don't believe it can be all those things, I'm going to say "Yes, you're too young for a cell phone, especially one this capable."

I am responsible for this purchase and contract since I use my previous sim card and contract. And I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say a normal 13 yo would be doing: schoolwork and socialization.

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
i'm 14 and i got one along with my dad. Me and him are REALLY into tech. So what? Its the persons choice what they spend there money on. Most things i've bought with my own money, plus if you see my youtube channel (shameless plug), you can tell, i love gadgets "D

dcshutter019

Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
I wouldnt say young I would say Spoiled, Precocious, Delusion, and probably a loner. Plus it doesnt make you cool to us cuz u have a "3G" (It's In Mommies Name). U Have nothing to prove. Get offline b4 ur the 40 Year Old Virgin.

Thats the best advice youve ever got. ;)

I bought it with my own money, how does it makes me a spoiled loner? I never said I got it to be "cool". So you know how to use a thesaurus, congrats.

benflick

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
i'm 15. i had a 3G but i took it back, i don't like AT&T. people say i'm too young but you know what, screw them i bought all of myshit by myself.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.