Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
Are you sure? I'll bet you have a few Britney Spears songs hidden somewhere in your iTunes library. Maybe a Jessica Simpson or two? :D
nope sorry, but even if i did, i wouldn't be so insecure about myself to call others who may enjoy their music "femanine" "gay" "not real men" etc.... but since you are the official judge of what "real men" are allowed to listen to, please spread more of your wealth of knowledge with us. :rolleyes:

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
nope sorry, but even if i did, i wouldn't be so insecure about myself to call others who may enjoy their music "femanine" "gay" "not real men" etc.... but since you are the official judge of what "real men" are allowed to listen to, please spread more of your wealth of knowledge with us. :rolleyes:

My pleasure! Where should I start? Ok, if you like Lady G, at least don't admit it in public. :D I'm not insecure about myself at all. Remember, I'm a real man. :D And real men don't bash gays.

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
A millionaire due to millions of people with ****ty taste in music wasting their money on her albums and concert tickets.

Being a millionaire doesn't automatically make one an admirable person, nor does it have anything to do with the quality of the music.

Well since you seem to know everything, why arent you successful? I guess millions of people are wrong :confused: Maybe its just you that has a ****ty taste in music ;)

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
I have mad no statements about myself at all. I just said that men who listen to Lady Ga-Ga may be getting in touch with their feminine side. :D

Or they have daughters.

My pleasure! Where should I start? Ok, if you like Lady G, at least don't admit it in public. :D I'm not insecure about myself at all. Remember, I'm a real man. :D And real men don't bash gays.

Nor do they use the term "real man".

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level

Oh ****, I like spice girls and some britney spears songs to go along with my other tunes. Guess I am a sub-man by your standards

If you weren't insecure with yourself, then why do you feel the need to say don't admit publicly?:rolleyes:

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Oh ****, I like spice girls and some britney spears songs to go along with my other tunes. Guess I am a sub-man by your standards

If you weren't insecure with yourself, then why do you feel the need to say don't admit publicly?:rolleyes:

You guys are the ones who are being defensive about it.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
You guys are the ones who are being defensive about it.

As an observer it does actually look like you're the one with the insecurity if you genuinely think that there is a whole "I'm a real man" culture out there. Its pretty pathetic.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
As an observer it does actually look like you're the one with the insecurity if you genuinely think that there is a whole "I'm a real man" culture out there. Its pretty pathetic.

What's pathetic is a bunch of wimps with no sense of humor. It looks like I've touched a nerve.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
as this as gone off topic something I though that was amusing about this deal is it caused a lot of problems for Amazon.
http://www.bsckids.com/2011/05/lady-gaga-fans-crash-amazon-com-site/

I will admit I jump on it as I figured there was at least 1 good song in the list and the bigger reason was the 20 gig amazon cloud for a year. Not that I need it any more because I just got my google Music invite and in a few days I will have my entire library uploaded to the cloud which is north of 30 gigs.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
AppleScruff1 is a perfect example as to why users are hostile towards newbies.

Many here have been quite friendly to me when I post in the normal threads. It's only when you post something critical about Apple or the over the top fanatics that people get hostile.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Today, again, the album is for $1

Yes, in case you missed it the first time around, Gaga wants you to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy more copies of her album at amazon, at only $1 a piece!

Given the mixed reviews the album has been getting, I am not surprised. I think it is also a chance for amazon to redeem themselves from the mess three days ago.

eye

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2009
Detroit
Case in point.

If it's still all just about what you like, then you're still at square 1. I like plenty of bad music. Hell I've got a collection of it from my teens & twenties & there's a bunch of prodigy in there too. But at least now I have the sense to call it what it is. You might too. You might never.

You apparently can't read. Or do math. Or know who Prodigy is.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Yes, in case you missed it the first time around, Gaga wants you to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy more copies of her album at amazon, at only $1 a piece!

Given the mixed reviews the album has been getting, I am not surprised. I think it is also a chance for amazon to redeem themselves from the mess three days ago.

I'm actually surprised how good the album is. I too read reviews and previewed songs in iTunes and didn't think I would like a majority of the songs until I got the album, now I can't stop listening to it. I love the chorus in "Heavy Metal Lover", Hair is good, On the Edge is good (although I'm convinced that song is about an orgasm), Marry the Night is good, I didn't like You and I even though everyone else love it (its like a country song and I don't like country).

I'm glad I gave it a chance.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
as this as gone off topic something I though that was amusing about this deal is it caused a lot of problems for Amazon.
http://www.bsckids.com/2011/05/lady-gaga-fans-crash-amazon-com-site/

I will admit I jump on it as I figured there was at least 1 good song in the list and the bigger reason was the 20 gig amazon cloud for a year. Not that I need it any more because I just got my google Music invite and in a few days I will have my entire library uploaded to the cloud which is north of 30 gigs.
I don't understand how people can expect any server farm to suddenly handle a huge increase in hits and download requests for 4 hours. People are stupid. I'm pretty sure the word patience has been removed from all American dictionaries.

I eventually gave in and downloaded this for my kid. I haven't even heard a single song on the album. The closest I've come is listening to Weird Al's parody Perform This Way.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
That's not really fair.

I guess if you're going to use that criteria, then you're not allowed to give your opinion on any of the Apple products discussed in these forums. After all:

• How many computers/iPhones/iPads/etc. have you developed?
  • How many have you sold?
  • How many times have you delivered a live keynote address about new Apple products?
  • How many convention centers have you filled with fans of your products?

The thing about Gaga is that she does have talent, but she decided to sell out and is more of a circus act than a serious musician.

The difference with your analogy is that I am not calling Apple "talentless". A person who has gathered that much fame and fortune, by the very definition cannot be "talentless" as they have done something that few can do. For anyone here to call her talentless when they themselves will never even achieve 1/1000 of what she has, is ludicrous. And that was my point.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I don't understand how people can expect any server farm to suddenly handle a huge increase in hits and download requests for 4 hours. People are stupid. I'm pretty sure the word patience has been removed from all American dictionaries.

I eventually gave in and downloaded this for my kid. I haven't even heard a single song on the album. The closest I've come is listening to Weird Al's parody Perform This Way.

Most people don't understand things like this. I knoticed that good part of the song were not going into my cloud drive and I could not download them or listen to the songs. Now I understand how this sever stuff works so I assumed it was the demand on Amazon servers and the songs were just be greyed out. I knew it would be fixed within a day and by the next morning it was all fine.
Now I believe Amazon should go back and erase all the ratings and reviews for that day since most of the rating down was because of the amazon server problems not that they thought the cd was crap. Now I would rate the cd 3 stars at best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.