Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carlsson

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2001
Actually, I looked it up on iTunes and it doesn't show it being in surround sound.

Don't we think this is strange...?

I think something is terribly wrong when I can download a pirated copy of a show minutes after it was sent, with full HD and DD, but if I pay for it, I don't get the same quality... :confused:

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Don't we think this is strange...?

I think something is terribly wrong when I can download a pirated copy of a show minutes after it was sent, with full HD and DD, but if I pay for it, I don't get the same quality... :confused:

To be fair, audio/video quality isn't the only thing you would be paying for. Paying for an iTunes TV show allows you to stream it on iOS and OS X devices without having to download it to a computer or phone.

You're paying more for the convenience than anything.

ft

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
****! Is it October 12th yet or what?

Also heard the quasi-spinoff pilot got greenlit. That should be interesting. I'd definitely give it a view. I wonder what their timeframe is on that? Maybe a mid season/winter replacement?

Last edited:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
****! Is it October 12th yet or what?

Also heard the quasi-spinoff pilot got greenlit. That should be interesting. I'd definitely give it a view. I wonder what they're timeframe is on that? Maybe a mid season/winter replacement?

Can't come soon enough. With all the little teaser that have been shown, I know I can't wait!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Spoilers

Just watched Season 5 Episode 1- Great, great, and just great one week late. 30 min until episode 2 comes on. :)

If you, recall, at the end of last season, they were waiting for slaughter in a railway car before the **** hits the fan!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
They're back to following the comics a bit which is nice.

Of course we have the whole Beth/Carol/Darryl storyline that wasn't in the book.

B

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
SPOILERS

That's what I thought. From his first reaction right after the walker was killed to crying at the tree.

And from what Gareth was saying, they appear to have some kind of history. Maybe he was with them before he met up with the group?

I wasn't sure if he meant that he remembers bob from terminus or something else. We'll see soon I hope.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Poor Bob... Pretty messed up and that ending scene where the guy is chomping on bob meat was nasty.

I really hope we see the group take justice on the cannibals. :mad:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
And it looks like we have a modified "Hunters" story arc......

I don't think Bob was bitten, I think this was his release. Keeping a strong front for his girlfriend. Need a few minutes to himself.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This season has been pretty intense. I told my wife it seems a little more graphic than before. I mean it's always been zombie graphic, but they seem to be showing more human gore. The guys they "slaughtered" at Terminus was horror movie worthy and Bob's cooking leg fits the bill too.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This season has been pretty intense. I told my wife it seems a little more graphic than before. I mean it's always been zombie graphic, but they seem to be showing more human gore. The guys they "slaughtered" at Terminus was horror movie worthy and Bob's cooking leg fits the bill too.

That was probably a high point. ;)

For those who have read the comic, the bat treatment made me flash forward... :)

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Exactly,

Do you think, Bob may have been bitten and well, the Hunters are now eating tainted meat?? Almost like what happened to Dale and the Hunters! in the comic books?

The director really seemed to be alluding to this scenario. Haven't read the books, but it's kinda how I saw that playing out.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
That would be an ironic twist to have karma catch up to the cannibals. But I don't think the writers are quite ready to end this branch of the storyline so quickly. If you look back over the life of the series, major antagonists like the inhabitants of Terminus are built up over many episodes and take many to defeat.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
That would be an ironic twist to have karma catch up to the cannibals. But I don't think the writers are quite ready to end this branch of the storyline so quickly. If you look back over the life of the series, major antagonists like the inhabitants of Terminus are built up over many episodes and take many to defeat.

Not so sure on this one. Darryll seems to have found the people who kidnapped Beth, so that may be the direction the story goes it in this season. Also the preacher man may tie into this. I guess we shall see.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
If the scientist from the CDC is to be believed, they are ALL already infected. So technically, EVERYONE has 'tainted' meat. I'm not sure why that point is always glossed over.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
If the scientist from the CDC is to be believed, they are ALL already infected. So technically, EVERYONE has 'tainted' meat. I'm not sure why that point is always glossed over.

There is a difference between being "tainted" which they all are believed to be versus having an "active" infection that accelerates the process killing and changing the individual into TWD. :) In all cases physical death results in transition. This is why there are always zombies, can't get rid of them. ;)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.