American Idol 09

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leekohler, Apr 21, 2009.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

OK- come on! It's been a really good one this year.

I think it's going to come down to Adam, Kris and Danny as the final three. Although Allison could sneak in there too.

Lil and Matt will be next to go. Both of them have been bad week after week for a while now.

2. todd2000 macrumors 68000

I agree with everything you said. I hope Kris and Danny make it, their kinda cute! (Oh and they can sing too :))

3. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

My fiancee (abiyng87) is a Lambert fanatic. From what I've seen, he's head and shoulders above the rest.

4. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Meh I stopped watching when it was down to top 10. I'll check back during the finale...

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

The guy can belt, man. It's amazing hearing what he can do. Danny and Kris are both good, but Adam's in a different league altogether.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I really can't stand this show anymore. It is the same songs every year. Paula hardly knows what she is talking about.

7. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Too bad. You're missing some great singers this year.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

If there is nothing else on I will tune in, but I don't go out of my way anymore to watch. You have maybe 3 good singers and the rest is just filler.

9. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Adam Lambert and Kris Allen were hands down the best last night. Danny is starting to get boring. Allison and Anoop were good, but aren't going to win. Lil and Matt are going home for sure.

10. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Paula is so far gone. It's very hard to watch her. The only thing that makes it bearable is watching Simon's face and some of the looks he gives her. Hilarious!

11. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

The performances get kinda boring after awhile. But I do enjoy the commercials that they make. I like "group activities.";) I agree with Lee, too, that there is some amazing talent on the show, much better than a lot of today's top artists, IMHO.

12. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

From what I've seen I like Adam and Allison the best overall. Kris has gotten more interesting (I didn't even know his name until this thread). Last night I didn't like any of the performances that much.

Adam blew me away a few weeks ago. I like his Jeff Buckley sound.

To be hypercritical, Allison and Kris don't look good when they're singing.

13. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Why don't they force her into rehab?

Yep- Adam's in his own league though. The guy is on fire.

Hmm... I thought Adam and Kris were great.

14. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

15. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

According to viewers polls, it's been the number one show every week this year since it's been on.

Give it a try, Prof. It's a really good group this year.

16. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I agree... he is smokin... and his voice is excellent, too.

17. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Ha! Yes- I meant the voice. So many singers would kill to have a voice like that.

18. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Oh Lee, -3 respect points. I expected better from you!

Never saw the allure to watching this show. The clips I do happen to see is usually when Simon is abusing somebody, that I do enjoy :D

19. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

It's a good thing to see people do well. I enjoy it. It's not my kind of music, but that's not the point. At least it's not trash like Big Brother. THAT, I do not understand.

That said- bye bye Anoop and Lil. Not gonna miss Lil, but Anoop deserved one more week. Matt should have gone home.

20. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I'm a fan! Kris actually goes to my university. However, I like Danny the most.

Personally, I can't stand listening to Adam. He's just too over the top for me. It's like watching parts of a Broadway musical acted out each week. Contrary to what Paula thinks, he's no Freddie Mercury.

However, he'll probably win. It'll be interesting to see him "commercialized."

21. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

totally agree about Adam. Very Broadway, over the top shrieking and not even in the same league as Jeff Buckley. He would be perfect on a cruise ship though. I'm expecting his next song to be a mashed up version of Judy Garland's Somewhere over the rainbow.

22. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

My wife's a huge fan, so I end up seeing it more often than not. Personally I tend to enjoy Allison and Chris the best out of those who are left. I can't stand Adam Lambert and was thrilled when they saved Matt Giraud since I was certain they were saving that to use for Adam if he were to be voted out.

As an aside, I grew up very near to Megan Joy. She's a few years younger than I am so I didn't go to school with her, but my younger brother was friends with her and her brother in Middle School and High School.

Small world!

SLC

23. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Adam is Broadway? No- sorry, that's simply not the case. The guy can actually sing and has a hell of a range. He's far from anything you'd ever get on a cruise ship. Scott (the blind guy) was very Broadway. Matt Giraud should have never been saved. He certainly didn't deserve to stay this week.

24. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    :eek: I laughed when I saw this thread scroll down my forum spy...

I just started watching last year, and (being an old school metalhead) I had to root for David Cook. :eek:

So, I was excited to see this year's round-up. Adam Lampart, caught my ear right away. I'm not all about the black-nailed emo crowd but this kid has SKILLS! Too bad he's about 25 years late, he would have crushed in the "Hair/Glam Metal" days... (remember? :p)

They compared him to Jagger and Tyler, but I see a closer resemblance to Halford...

Not my cup of tea, but he deserves to win (vocal skills alone)... :cool:

25. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't think he would of fit in the hair metal scene. He doesn't look like that is the crowd he would be marketed too. I don't know what his genre is. It will be interesting to see how they market him.