American Idol 2010

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
It's only the first week, and I already know who I want to win. This girl seems like a really sweet person, and once she gets over her nervousness, should be really great.

I've said before that the only reason I watch this show is that I like to see people come from nowhere and do well. Well, this girl comes from nowhere, that's for sure. I hope she goes far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOmArAKlvhQ&feature=topvideos

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
It's only the first week, and I already know who I want to win. This girl seems like a really sweet person, and once she gets over her nervousness, should be really great.

I've said before that the only reason I watch this show is that I like to see people come from nowhere and do well. Well, this girl comes from nowhere, that's for sure. I hope she goes far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOmArAKlvhQ&feature=topvideos
i cant play the video but I am guessing its that girl that does bridge jumping huh.

TheOnlyJon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Indianapolis
She was pretty good :) I liked that she was different and didn't sing one of five songs that EVERYONE else seems to audition with.

Interesting voice too. I liked it a lot.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
She was pretty good :) I liked that she was different and didn't sing one of five songs that EVERYONE else seems to audition with.

Interesting voice too. I liked it a lot.
Her audition is getting tons of hits on YouTube. I think it's safe to say people are going to pay attention to her.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
No real stand outs yet, but let's wait until there is music to back the vocals.

But remember Fantasia, Clay, and Ruben when they made their first auditions? They killed it and make the contestants so far look like amateurs.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
No real stand outs yet, but let's wait until there is music to back the vocals.

But remember Fantasia, Clay, and Ruben when they made their first auditions? They killed it and make the contestants so far look like amateurs.
In this girl's case, I don't think we'll know til Hollywood week. She was extremely nervous and obviously had never done anything like this before. Once she gets her nerves calm, I think we'll hear something much stronger. She definitely has something.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Good for her! I generally don’t watch the auditions because every other singer tries to be a Mariah Carey, Celine Dione or Whitney Houston.

Glad to see someone different on Idol.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
In this girl's case, I don't think we'll know til Hollywood week. She was extremely nervous and obviously had never done anything like this before. Once she gets her nerves calm, I think we'll hear something much stronger. She definitely has something.
Even if she doesn't win, she now has a chance of getting out of her small town.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
'pants on the ground , pants on the ground, lookin like a fool with ur pants on the ground!'

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I really liked her as well. I think she'll do great if she can just get over her nerves (which isn't that hard, so I think she'll do great).

luckyblue

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2010
My wife and I really liked her as well. There is something about the small town folk with a humble attitude. Can't help but want to see her do well.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Hahaha, Hey Lee! :) Still in Atlanta and still in college. I'm an accounting major now. Only got a year left. Ready to be done!

EDIT: The girl from Tennessee reminds me of Loretta Lynn. <3
Good for you.

Yeah, I think this girl has some serious potential. We'll see if she can get her nerves under control. I hope she does.