American Idol 2011

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 63dot, Sep 3, 2010.

?

Who would you like to see as American Idol 2011 judges?

1. Steven Tyler

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Jennifer Lopez

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. bring back Paula Abdul

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. other

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Just kill American Idol while it's ahead

33 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Who is going to join the lone judge Randy Jackson?

I would like to see Piers from America's Got Talent. I think we need a "mean" judge to replace the outgoing Simon.

What do you think?

JLo and Steven Tyler are rumored at this point but nothing definite as of today from what I have found. Any clues?

2. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

A mean British guy is what you mean right?;)

Honesly, I think American Idol should just end. I've gotten so sick of it. Alas, Fox won't get rid of it cause it still makes money.:(

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Sorry, if you are clueless, you'll have to look elsewhere.

4. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

I don't think Fox network will let this cash cow go. There are so many people who can be good judges and after some adjustment with the departure of Simon, Ellen, and Cara, fans should be able to focus on the contestants.

I only thought maybe the first two seasons would produce gold and platinum and multi-platinum selling artists, but almost every year has had at least one gold selling release from an artist from Idol. While I don't consider the show to be the pulse of the average musician who would otherwise get signed via a record company, it's still amazing how long and how far the influence of this show has gone.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Put it (and us) out of its misery.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

They’re not going to kill a show that still has ratings, although lower than originally. If they make more of a mess of the judges than last year, then it may be over in a year (WTF was up putting Ellen up there????).

8. orianablage macrumors newbie

I also believe that American Idol should be stopped..

9. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Exactly. They would be silly not to try to milk the brand for what it's worth.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Why not just have Seacrest judge, it's not like he is doing anything else.:rolleyes:

11. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

No more rumor here.

Steven and Jennifer are on board for the upcoming season.

I don't know if such a big personnel change with three judges leaving will be welcomed or not but AI was starting to get a little stale.

12. chloe01 macrumors newbie

what else guys who gonna be judge AI. But this time i am so curious to watch American Idol season 10 episode 1. Actually i feel the audition episodes are more entertaining than the actual series.

13. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

So now we know J-Lo is in even though it looked like she backed out of the AI thing recently. And now Jimmy Iovine in the background which will help the brand.

First night in New Jersey seemed OK and there's better talent from what I have seen than the stuff I saw last season. Let's see what New Orleans brings tonight.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Was there really talent or do the judges not have a pair and just let everyone through?

I watched part of it last night and turned it off. Same old show throw in some talent with a bunch of train wrecks. The difference is that without Simon's wise cracks the show stinks.

15. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Steven Tyler's been hilarious and so far J Lo's been great. I thin Idol will be alright. I've enjoyed it so far.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Judging wise J-LO is softer than Paula was. Steven doesn't know how to critique talent and Randy is well Randy.

17. Ann P macrumors 68020

18. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

J Lo actually knows what she's talking about. Steven's said more with less talking than Simon ever did and I think down the road when they actually get to coach up some of these kids, Steven's gonna really shine. And Randy is well Randy.

Let's not forget this is a singing competition, either. I don't tune in just for the judging. This show is people watching at it's best and AI brings in the spectrum. Tell me you didn't tear up a bit at the special needs milf, I mean Mom. Or surprised at the family of the picked on redheaded nerd, or that the fat 15 yr old could sing. The real stars of the show are the editors. They've got the AI schtick down to a science.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I was surprised tonight by the talent they found. The overweight, 15 year old kid was just amazing. He had the most beautiful, haunting tone to his voice.

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I watched a little of the first episode. Steven Tyler looks like he'd hit every piece if they let him. It was funny. I prefer to watch auditions, not a fan of following the show.

21. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Which would really be weird because he legitimately could be some of their fathers. I bet Liv ain't the only Tyler running around out there.

22. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

This will be the last year for this show IMO.

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh for sure.

24. 63dot, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011

63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

I read somewhere that they will get rid of theme nights which I hope they do.

Just let them sing what they want as long as the band can pull it off.

Tonight, I liked that 16 year old guy who did the retro country singing thing.

If he can utilize that amazing voice over a lot of different registers and styles (and it could all be within country if he wants), he stands a shot at becoming at least a Kelly Pickler who hasn't done badly for herself even though she didn't win.

Also, I liked the guy who sang last, Chris Medina, who also had that heartbreaking story about his girlfriend Juliana Ramos who got in a terrible accident. I have seen some sad things on AI but this is the saddest by far.

25. robo macrumors 65816

robo

Just change the name to "American Idiot" and be done with it:rolleyes:
    Didn't Green Day already do that...:D
    Peace