Analyst Predicts New iPhone 5S in June, Low-Cost iPhone in September

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Lancer macrumors 68020

Lancer

I hope it's sooner rather than later, my 3Gs is feeling old and tired!:apple:

2. maxosx macrumors 68020

Since we are getting the same old recycled style, I believe there are thousands of us waiting for iOS 7. However I agree with you, it's rather unlikely.

Reason being Apple tends to be known for putting off the substantial upgrades till later.

Especially with the iPhone 6 _finally_ due (maybe) in 2014. So there's no incentive for Apple to do much other than very minor changes to the OS, if any.

Let's face it... the sales volume is still well within the range that provides Apple with extreme profits, which seems to be all Apple cares about.

3. joneill55 macrumors 6502

#truth

4. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

5. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

Looking at two products with different price points and describing one as the cheaper version of the more expensive one demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of product strategy and product differentiation, or simply only a child's grasp of language.

Is it not logical to assume the new iPhone will be different (even slightly) in functionality from the current iPhone (as the iPod Shuffle is from the iPod)? If so, why is it being described as a low-cost iPhone? If not, why does this seem like something Apple would do?

6. gugy macrumors 68040

gugy

Sad the media give this guy airtime. His guess is as good as mine. :rolleyes:

7. Oletros macrumors 603

Oletros

8. MH01 Suspended

MH01

9. Ironclaw27 macrumors newbie

Ironclaw27

mine too!

10. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Could've upgraded 3 times already dude?

11. osaga macrumors 6502

A little off topic/old news, but I found this interesting... Apple bought Authentic in July 2012 for $356 million. Here is a video about the fingerprint sensors they make:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s0q_n0ULSo

"I can unlock my phone before i even get it out of my pocket."

12. Lancer macrumors 68020

Lancer

But things got in the way, first my contract was not up with the 4s. And by the time it was the 5 was coming out but then I needed an Intel Mac to use iTunes to sync it. I now have a new iMac so ready for a new iPhone 5s. Maybe an iPad Mini if I can afford it.

13. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Anyone who still has an AT&T iPhone 4S (such as myself) that got it with a 2 year contract at the launch on October 2011, will be eligible to upgrade around June 13th (I am at least). So I imagine Apple would want the next iPhone available around that time.

14. LoganCircle macrumors member

For iOS 4 (or iPhone OS 4 as it was known at the time), the event was held April 8th. The announcement of the event was only released a few days prior on the 5th. The phone, of course, was showcased in June.

IF it is to be released in the June/July timeframe, I imagine we'll see the iOS sneak preview invite come out in the next week or two.

15. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

16. Gnomepatrol macrumors member

Gnomepatrol

Can MacRumors make a new rule banning any article that has "analyst," "predicts," and "Apple" in them? They are generally useless and just for someone to get their name out in the open.

I know this is a rumor site, but this is getting ridiculous.

17. Michael Scrip macrumors 603

I always thought of this:

[​IMG]

----------

That's true of people who bought the AT&T iPhone 4S at launch.... but people also bought that phone every day throughout the year.

Not everyone buys a new phone the day it's released. In fact... most don't.

And... AT&T isn't the only carrier Apple deals with. I honestly don't think Apple is planning their releases around when AT&T launch phones come out of contract ;)

18. JoeIsInTheCloud macrumors member

19. SoAnyway macrumors 6502

20. Nahaz macrumors 6502

Nahaz

I don't see the point in a fingerprint scanner. It's just a waste of real estate in the phone. These scanners have been on some laptops for years and the majority of people I know never bothered to use them.

21. buysp, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013

buysp macrumors 6502

I have the feeling that we may see the hardware (iP5s) first (June/July) and then the software (iOS7) will follow later on this year (September/October).
    If true,it will give them time to produce a wonderful iOS UI that we all want.

22. anberlinairlift macrumors member

anberlinairlift

23. msimpson macrumors regular

Pipers Got Jafferiers in 'em

Can someone give Mr Munster a giant ENEMA please?

24. kako macrumors member

Rumour sites need to have a moratorium on this assclown.

There won't ever be a cheap big screened iPhone, the new good iPhone will be released in September.

Is there something about the lack of surprises in Apple's activity that makes people just want to make up garbage? They're one of the most dependable, reliable businesses.

Plus who cares if they release something new. Oh wow, you found out first, good on you!

25. damitssam macrumors 6502

I dunno why these mainstream media clowns keep putting him on. It seems like they just need someone to fit the narrative.

Literally EVERY apple related news has this "gene munster" in there. Are you serious?! :rolleyes::rolleyes: