Analyst Predicts New iPhone 5S in June, Low-Cost iPhone in September

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 26, 2013.

1. UnfetteredMind macrumors 6502

UnfetteredMind

Until Apple announces what they announce, we won't know what will be revealed.

There are many who are not on the latest iPhone 5 and thus will gain additional features if they do purchase the 5S. Eg: Wife and I are on iPhone 3g and 4 respectively. Will gain a good bit with a 5S I imagine :)

2. Chastepe macrumors member

I am fed up with all these silly predictions. How many years have to pass? Why don't you understand that Apple will leave a product as long as possible on the market to earn money? 6 years after the first device and analysts still keep saying that an iPhone will be released before its yearly cycle...it will not happen.

3. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Are you saying that the new norm will be people talking to their wrists? If not, will mobile communication prove to be overrated? Also, will humans evolve to have good enough eyesight to grow accustomed to watching/reading a 2x2 (at most) screen?

4. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

iOS 7 will be shown in June at the WWDC with a Sept/Oct launch
    OS X.9 will probably be shown at the WWDC conference as well with a fall launch

I wouldn't be surprised with a late June early July launch of the iPhone 5S and iPad 5. Last October with the launch of iPad mini and iPad 4, Apple stated they want earlier hardware update cycles than the regular annual ones. The iPad mini probably won't be updated until fall this year. I also predict that the new iPhone will drop the number and simply just be called iPhone.

That's my educated guess not based on any rumors or facts. Can I get a paycheck now (lol) :confused:

5. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

The iPhone needs NFC.

Not necessarily for digital payments, but as a quick device-to-device communications option for app developers to make use of. The fact that it could one day be used for mobile payments is a bonus.

The reason why they aren't doing it (IMO) is that if they do ship an iPhone with NFC, there will be a 3rd-party app that lets you use it as a digital wallet anyway. Apple doesn't seem to have decided what their position is WRT mobile payments, so they're stopping anybody else doing it until they decide.

NFC is one of the easiest things to support. There's nothing stopping them including it except they just don't want to; the technology clearly is very useful, so they'll probably include it at some point. They're just not doing it now for whatever reason.

6. linkgx1 macrumors 68000

"But Apple doesn't do the race to the bottom. They are an Industry LEADER BALBALHABAL!!!

The only way I can think of the cPhone working is IF it has most of the featuers of their new phone that year. But I dunno. I have a feeling it would be like the Galaxy S3/S4 mini. Meh.

Like if they had a cPhone 4s then it would have siri, but no retina display and a lower resolution camera. I see markets drowning out. I honestly don't see it helping Apple in anyways because iPhones are now affordable.

7. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

But it has happened now. iPad 3 & 4 launched the same year within 7 months of each other.

8. linkgx1 macrumors 68000

Not really.....

Maybe with the 3g, but honestly I still think the 4 is the best value per dollar. Apple phones don't really go obsolete as much as other phones. Sometimes I wish I got the 4 instead of the 4s. Meh.

----------

Dimishing returns is already happening.

9. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

New T-mobile iPhone=no new iPhone till autum.

Analysts=dumbest people on earth.

10. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Not quite. The people who pay them are.

11. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

It will be an absolute hit with some kids :D

12. UnfetteredMind macrumors 6502

UnfetteredMind

I know a couple things I'm missing which could be useful that I don't have currently:

Spoken turn-by-turn
    Siri (haven't tried it so don't know at this point how useful it will be for me)
    Panoramic photos (could be nice for trips to the mountains where we live, etc)

Speed and compatibility wise (supported by Apps, etc), the iPhone 4 is still quite good. The 3g, not so much.

13. Glideslope macrumors 603

Glideslope

No, just sees Free Overnight Shipping on current 5's differently than you. ;)

14. bbeagle, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013

bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Think outside the box.

You don't have to talk to your wrist. You can use bluetooth headsets. And I guess something else will be invented.

For viewing the screen, there can easily be a built-in magnifying glass type thing where the screen is now 6" in size. Or a hologram projection just outside the watch. Or even the 'watch' could be made of curved glass/plastic and is on your arm. The screen could be the same size as the Samsung Galaxy S4 if it was built this way.

Enjoy thinking about the possibilities not the restrictions of today's perceptions.

15. linkgx1 macrumors 68000

True..

Siri is something I completely stopped using. I do think you will definitely benefit from 4GLTE and perhaps the turn by turn navi. Panny photos are cool sometimes.

16. ifij775 macrumors regular

You forgot iTV

17. Michael Scrip macrumors 603

There are some people who don't have an iPhone at all. (actually a lot of people)

I don't know why people on this forum expect you to buy each and every iPhone as it comes out.

All companies make incremental updates every year. Computers, digital cameras, cars... all get updates each year. But you're not expected to buy a 2013 model if you already have a 2012 model.

A person might only upgrade their phone once every 2 years... but people upgrade phones every day. That's why there are new products.

I'm on an iPhone 4S... so the 5S will be a nice upgrade for me too :D

18. sza Suspended

The analyst is the modern profession of the fortune teller in old days. ;)

19. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

5s in June or July. Great cos likely that means ios7 releases then. Of course that's assuming ios7 will be the major upgrade now needed. Here's hoping

20. jadot macrumors 6502

jadot

21. spatlese44 macrumors 6502

Not that I'm entirely arguing with you here, but iPad Mini is $329. A phone has a smaller, cheaper screen though needs a cellular chip. Can anyone explain to me why the cellular option for all iPads costs $130? Of course, part of the answer is they charge what they can charge.

22. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Nothing new

Iphone 5S won't do it. I want an HTC One, running IOS on Verizon. Please XDA.

23. lilianeloirinha macrumors newbie

24. sulpfiction macrumors 68040

sulpfiction

I stopped reading after "Munster". His "analysis" is pure guessing IMO.

25. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

What I wouldn't give to have his job. Just like a weather man; if you're wrong, it doesn't matter.