...and what beer are you drinking right now?

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
ah, it's friday night (at least where I am). it's been a long miserable week at work, and it's time to chill out and relax with a ice cold beer...

...which for me is a long trail blackberry wheat - very tasty, kinda light for the summer...ah, delicious! long trail is based out of vermont and can be found through much of the northeast us.

so what's everyone else drinking tonight?

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I like Guinness and Molsens, but I'm not drinking them right now. Maybe in a couple of hours here on the West Coast. :)

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2005
I'll either be drinking a Heiniken in about an hour
if not that then a Stoli martini up with a twist
and if nether of those ...?

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I'm a ***** when it comes to beer. I really hate the stuff. Instead I gravitate to those wonderfully eccentric Smirnoff Malted Flavored drinks.

I think I'll go get me a Watermellon one now. ;)

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Daveway said:
I'm a ***** when it comes to beer. I really hate the stuff. Instead I gravitate to those wonderfully eccentric Smirnoff Malted Flavored drinks.

I think I'll go get me a Watermellon one now. ;)
ah, but beer is so good...especially a nice brown ale or stout. usually I don't like lighter beers, but (as I mentioned earlier) the blackberry wheats are sweet!

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
I enjoy a few bottles of Coors light or Budweiser every other night, more on a friday.

Ahhhh, nothing like a cold fizzy beer :D

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
mmm Rickards Red.

It's all about the nice dark beers. I hate that clear stuff like Corona. Actually I enjoy Corona if I'm in Mexico but other than that.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Daveway said:
Beer makes you fat though. :(
I guess compared to other beverages...you just got to stay active and you should be ok...if you sit around every night drinking, then yeah, you'll be a fatass...

oh well, my hour of 'lame drinking in front of the computer' is over. time for the night to begin...happy friday to the west coasters just getting out of work!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
not a beer drinker myself, but i just did a shot of jager in front of my mom, yeah its been a hellish week for me.....

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2005
yup went out and had a Stoli martini with my boss ( Who had a scotch with water) No beer, just as well, Im more of a martini kinda guy anyways

alangyssler

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2005
Buffalo Grove, IL
cheap beer = happy college kid

i'm drinking northstar... picked up a 12'er at aldi for 4.99. can't beat that. it tastes like any other cheap beer (keystone, icehouse, etc), but cheaper. good for getting sauced on a budget. i likee.

to Duff-Man: Hacker Pschorr's Weiss Bier rocks my socks, if you're up for trying something different from them. I'll have to try the kind you're having sometime. I'd also recommend Erdinger's Weiss Bier. Yum if you're looking for good ole' German beers.

Duff-Man

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
alangyssler said:
to Duff-Man: Hacker Pschorr's Weiss Bier rocks my socks, if you're up for trying something different from them. I'll have to try the kind you're having sometime. I'd also recommend Erdinger's Weiss Bier. Yum if you're looking for good ole' German beers.
Duff-Man says....yeah, I like their Weissbier too...and Erdingers....I am a big fan of good german Weiss/Wheat biers. One of the local brewpubs here used to make a fantastic weizenbier but they've changed brewmasters and have not made a new batch of it yet...I keep telling them to! .....oh yeah!

Nanda Devi

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2004
East Lansing, Michigan
Just had a couple of Sierra Nevada Pale Ales - my beer of choice, along with Bell's Oberon (Michigan microbrew, only available ~ May - Sept.) with a nice homemade chicken fajita dinner. Threw a margarita (and a half) in the mix, and it made for a nice, mellow Friday night. :D

I like beer, but can only drink a couple at a time usually because it fills me up so much. Hate the watered down crap (Miller Lt., Corona, Bud, etc.), but don't really go for the dark stuff... prefer a good pale ale, as long as it's not too bitter.